Speculation: Who will the Leafs draft at #4 ? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Well that is the thing, basically besides a small few, who is making war?

Most of us can find things we love about all 3, sure we have a preference, but most people here can find the positives of whoever we choose, while others, are making up facts as they go along just to support a one-sided argument with ZERO percent chance of even looking at the other side in a positive light.

I am not a Strome fan at #4, but when somebody says he is crap in the playoffs, or he can't skate, or it's only "because of McDavid". I will jump to defend him, because it's simply not true.

So when a poster continuously posts false things, except a backlash. Doesn't matter who its about, expect it... I think some here CRAVE that attention. You know if you didn't post it, someone else was going to ;)

Here is my first post in this thread on Marner's injuries this year. What in particular did you find inaccurate in this post that was false?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=102616189&postcount=750

Knightnight

Mar 18, 2014
so wait? for three pages we're debating if Marner is capable of playing NHL hockey because of those two hits? I want the last 1/2 hour of my life back. seriously.

because that 2nd hit is basically this hit

and that Marchment hit was made when Marner was scoring and he was clocked in the head.

seriously. man. I was expecting something that you can at least have a debate about.

Actually the Marner hit was much worse. For one Kane had the puck so at least he may have been aware he may be a target, 2 the play was still live where as with Marner the whistle had gone. The third was Kane was on an angle, Marner was face first into the board and and at a far higher rate of speed. He was lucky not to break his neck. To me out of the 2 suspensions the first was far more dangerous than the second. Also neither play was a hockey hit.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Actually the Marner hit was much worse. For one Kane had the puck so at least he may have been aware he may be a target, 2 the play was still live where as with Marner the whistle had gone. The third was Kane was on an angle, Marner was face first into the board and and at a far higher rate of speed. He was lucky not to break his neck. To me out of the 2 suspensions the first was far more dangerous than the second. Also neither play was a hockey hit.

There is no correlation of Kane's hit to this thread. They are not the same player, nor were they the same hit. I don't see how this fits the discussion of this thread.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I Hope Arizona passes on Hanifin.

A good time to talk about the player we all should want as the Next possible great Leafs pick.

Noah Hanifin might pair nicely with Rielly on Maple Leafs blue line

“Has some of the same pieces to his game that Scott Niedermayer had,” said Mark Seidel, chief scout for North American Central Scouting. “He does things at high speed. He can use his foot speed to get back to pucks and give himself enough time to make a play.
“His decision to fast-track to play at Boston College has accelerated his development because he has played against grown men all year.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs...ely-with-rielly-on-maple-leafs-blue-line.html

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
There is no correlation of Kane's hit to this thread. They are not the same player, nor were they the same hit. I don't see how this fits the discussion of this thread.

Small skilled player. Marner's comparable player. Both hit with dangerous hits. Would you say that Kane has durability issues?

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Here is my first post in this thread on Marner's injuries this year. What in particular did you find inaccurate in this post that was false?

Why do you single out your first post? Because I can find many inaccuracy's in SEVERAL other posts.... just in the last few pages.

There is no point in arguing further, it's basically like trying to convince someone to change religion, or a political party.

I'm with MJ on this, I am done.

I am good with any of the 3. I want a stay at home DMan, who still has some offensive abilities. Hanifin-Rielly sounds great to me.

Strome sounds great with Nylander and maybe even Brown? Get a big C between Two smaller, highly skilled wingers. With any of those 3, everything sounds great to me, the combinations are endless.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Chabot at #24?

How about Hanifin, Chabot, Rielly, Percy, heading up this D for years to come?

If we can get a 2nd rd pick, would love to add Dermott also.

Mobile high IQ pick moving D.

I like Meloche more. He's a righty too so that would be an ice addition to that group.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

It's not the inaccuracies but your logic. If you're gonna say that Marner has durability issues because of the injuries he sustain, you should say that to every prospect who had injuries this year, such as Barzal, McDavid, etc. It's not fair you single out Marner and forget about every other top prospect who injuries.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Small skilled player. Marner's comparable player. Both hit with dangerous hits. Would you say that Kane has durability issues?

Frankly, I am just repeating replies I already stated today, and like my colleagues on this thread I am done with this. My post here will stand. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=102616189&postcount=750

As I said, all things considered I hope we take Hanifin at #4. Some agree, and I am happy to see they recognize a fantastic prospect in Noah may put on a Blue and white jersey draft day.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Chabot at #24?

How about Hanifin, Chabot, Rielly, Percy, heading up this D for years to come?

If we can get a 2nd rd pick, would love to add Dermott also.

Mobile high IQ pick moving D.

Don't discount Gardiner, I think you if pair him with a great "Stay at home" dman, all of a sudden, Jake is going to shine.

I also think a Kessel trade has huge potential in netting us another potential stud Dman. I wouldn't mind Gudbranson at all, to play with Jake, or Morgan. (big IF on that trade)

I am still really high on Gudbranson, regardless of what most are thinking now about him.

Rielly - Gudbranson/Hanifin
Gardnier - Gudbranson/Hanifin
Percy - Dermott (Also really high on him)

We are SET! :nod:

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Frankly, I am just repeating replies I already stated today, and like my colleagues on this thread I am done with this. My post here will stand. http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=102616189&postcount=750

As I said, all things considered I hope we take Hanifin at #4. Some agree, and I am happy to see they recognize a fantastic prospect in Noah may put on a Blue and white jersey draft day.

You get called out on blatantly faulty logic and you wish to just cop out of the discussion. Typical.

The standard you set for "durability issues" apply to a ton of other prospects aside from Marner. It is crystal-clear to the rest of us that you are pushing an anti-Marner agenda.

Don't discount Gardiner, I think you if pair him with a great "Stay at home" dman, all of a sudden, Jake is going to shine.

He's been pushing an anti-Gardiner agenda for as long as I can remember. But this is a little off-topic but either way, I think Gardiner is a piece to our future D-core, Hanifin or not.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I also think a Kessel trade has huge potential in netting us another potential stud Dman. I wouldn't mind Gudbranson at all, to play with Jake, or Morgan. (big IF on that trade)

I am still really high on Gudbranson, regardless of what most are thinking now about him.

We should move this to the 24th pick thread. And hopefully when we get a GM in, we can deal for a 2nd rd pick.

Dermott is a guy I am very high on. I feel he could be as good as some 1st round D men in this draft. He will be a steal in the 2nd rd pick. This kid is going to be a real player in the NHL for years to come.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

Pretty sure we tried everything with Gardiner last season. He's just not cut out to be a defenseman.

I'm down with Rielly and Hanifin. With Florida, I prefer a deal involving Kessel and Huberdeau

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I like Meloche more. He's a righty too so that would be an ice addition to that group.

Only he seems a little bit slower as Juulsen, Anderssen, Chabot, Zboril, all the guys that could be available at 24OA and are similarly talented or even better. I'm actually leaning to taking Carlo before Meloche, since he skates really good for someone his size.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
We should move this to the 24th pick thread. And hopefully when we get a GM in, we can deal for a 2nd rd pick.

Dermott is a guy I am very high on. I feel he could be as good as some 1st round D men in this draft. He will be a steal in the 2nd rd pick. This kid is going to be a real player in the NHL for years to come.

See, now we are on some common ground ;)

I thought the same, but it is Hanifin related also, so still works here.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It's not the inaccuracies but your logic. If you're gonna say that Marner has durability issues because of the injuries he sustain, you should say that to every prospect who had injuries this year, such as Barzal, McDavid, etc. It's not fair you single out Marner and forget about every other top prospect who injuries.

it's not even that. it's "can he take an NHL hit" based off two hits that aren't even hockey plays . then you bring up people who got hit similar to those people and it's

"Oh. we're not talking about that player, we're talking about this player who plays like Skinner" Who can't keep his freaking head up 1/2 the time, by the way, where that is not even the case with Marner in regards to the two freaking hits that he pointed out.

two hits that were insanely dirty and insanely illegal launches this whole debate of "oh can he take hits in the NHL, is he durable."

Matthew Barzal missed a huge part of his draft year because he was a dummy playing in the weight room with a team mate, fell and cracked his kneecap. There's no question about his durability there's no question if he's smart enough/professional enough to be in the NHL.

Strome (apparently) is playing with an injury (was? whatever). there's no question about his durability is there? because quite frankly - playing injured and sucking is just as bad as not playing and being injured because you aren't positively helping your team on the ice, are you?

crap. it's not even June yet and we're already dealing with Summer Leaf Fan Nonsense.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
See, now we are on some common ground ;)

I thought the same, but it is Hanifin related also, so still works here.

I believe Hanifin is going to be the best D man drafted since Doughty. I have no trouble saying this. I liked a lot of D that were picked since Doughty none of them have the overall package of Hanifin. If he becomes a Leaf, I will predict this board will count their lucky stars Arizona passed on him. Common ground.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Only he seems a little bit slower as Juulsen, Anderssen, Chabot, Zboril, all the guys that could be available at 24OA and are similarly talented or even better. I'm actually leaning to taking Carlo before Meloche, since he skates really good for someone his size.

I think Meloche is more refined/has more poise then Carlo but it's certainly a pick em at that position and you can make a case for any of those defenseman in that grouping.

I also like that Villi Sujararvi (I totally botched this name) defenseman. He did well at the U18 championship for Finland. He's a right handed shot and a little shorter but I think there is a chance there to get the next Sami Vatanen.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
it's not even that. it's "can he take an NHL hit" based off two hits that aren't even hockey plays . then you bring up people who got hit similar to those people and it's

"Oh. we're not talking about that player, we're talking about this player who plays like Skinner" Who can't keep his freaking head up 1/2 the time, by the way, where that is not even the case with Marner in regards to the two freaking hits that he pointed out.

two hits that were insanely dirty and insanely illegal launches this whole debate of "oh can he take hits in the NHL, is he durable."

Matthew Barzal missed a huge part of his draft year because he was a dummy playing in the weight room with a team mate, fell and cracked his kneecap. There's no question about his durability there's no question if he's smart enough/professional enough to be in the NHL.

Strome (apparently) is playing with an injury (was? whatever). there's no question about his durability is there? because quite frankly - playing injured and sucking is just as bad as not playing and being injured because you aren't positively helping your team on the ice, are you?

crap. it's not even June yet and we're already dealing with Summer Leaf Fan Nonsense.

Pavel Zacha who was also an off-the-board type pick that he was advocating, happened to miss tons of time for Sarnia including an upper-body injury that made him miss a few weeks. I didn't hear a single word about him having "durability issues." Anybody can see the clear double-standard Interactif imposes.

These supposed "durability issues" with Marner can be classified as completely unsubstantiated nonsense.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Pretty sure we tried everything with Gardiner last season. He's just not cut out to be a defenseman.

I'm down with Rielly and Hanifin. With Florida, I prefer a deal involving Kessel and Huberdeau

I agree they tried a lot, but we also never had a GOOD Dman. Rielly is offensive, so he is not a good pairing with Gardnier. We all know he makes bonehead moves once in a while, but he has the skill.... and a Hanifin could bail him out on several occasions.

Florida said they will not trade Huberdeau etc.... or I would be asking for Barkov etc.

But we are off topic, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad