Speculation: Who will not be back on the roster for 2018/19

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Tell you this much.. If Wheeler walks... Next off-season... Move 1. Fire Chevy.. Cuz ain't no way he walks.. You can get a great return for him if hes unwilling to be reasonable... If you don't, you have failed and deserve to be fired .

I partly agree but if we are a top team in the league at the deadline and it does not look good at keeping him that is a tough spot. If he is having another solid year and is a driver again. You would get futures at a deadline. I would rather gamble and keep
Him to go for a cup next year. I would be more upset if we dealt him for futures and came up a bit short of a cup again. Window is too short to make moves like that. Other option is if we are way off this summer or he seems a bit unsure if wanting to stay here you deal him this summer.... also a tough pill to swallow

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Don’t think Stastny is back. Unless it’s a 1 year, one last shot with this group, type of deal.

I think we could see:

Vesalainen-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Perreault-Laine
Connor-Little-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Tanev/Armia
Lemieux

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Byfuglien
Niku-Poolman
Kulikov/Chiarot

Hellebuyck
Cheaper backup

Saying goodbye to:
Stastny (FA)
Enstrom (FA)
Matthias (FA)
Hendricks (FA)
Dano (FA)
Hutch (FA)
Myers (trade)
Mason (trade)

Teams with multiple picks in 1st rd this year might be a target for trade. Or a desperate or foolish GM, a guy like Waddell (though Jets aren’t getting 2nd overall).

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Roslovic-Stastny-Ehlers
Armia-Little-Vesalainen
Tanev-Lowry-Copp
Lemieux/Petan

Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Byfugluen
Kulikov-Morrow
Chiarot/Poolman

Hellebuyck
FA Signing

Gone: Perreault, Enstrom, Myers, Mason

There's no such thing as a 24 man roster. Try again & cut it to 23.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
@Bob E:

-Vesalainen can't crack the Jets line up. He'll play on the Moose.
-Perreault doesn't play centre anymore. You're on here enough to know he can't take face-offs due to back issues
-you created a 24 man roster. Bring it down to 23
-Kulikov's in the press box? He's a hell of a defencemen when healthy. Niku & Morrow aren't taking his spot
-Dano isn't a UFA

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Don’t think Stastny is back. Unless it’s a 1 year, one last shot with this group, type of deal.

I think we could see:

Vesalainen-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Perreault-Laine
Connor-Little-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Tanev/Armia
Lemieux

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Byfuglien
Niku-Poolman
Kulikov/Chiarot

Hellebuyck
Cheaper backup

Saying goodbye to:
Stastny (FA)
Enstrom (FA)
Matthias (FA)
Hendricks (FA)
Dano (FA)
Hutch (FA)
Myers (trade)
Mason (trade)

Teams with multiple picks in 1st rd this year might be a target for trade. Or a desperate or foolish GM, a guy like Waddell (though Jets aren’t getting 2nd overall).

statsny should be back
just made it to the wcf with the jets and gets to play with some really good wingers
I see him signing a 2 year contract.

mp doesn't play centre so you're theory goes right out the window

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Roslovic-Ehlers
Perreault-Little-Armia
Lowry-Copp-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Hellebuyck
Mason (unless Comrie is ready)

PB: Morrow, Poolman, Chiarot, Lemieux and a waiver pick-up.

Gone:
Enstrom
Hendricks
Stastny
Dano
Matthias
Petan
(Maybe Myers and Mason)

But I have a feeling a very unexpected positive move in our franchise happens this off-season that shocks all of us in a good way.

Best post so far. Jets have to trade both Petan & Dano for waivers reasons.

I doubt the Jets make a waiver acquisition. The days of being bottom feeders are gone.

I do think a major move is coming. Trouba/Myers/Byfuglien/Poolman. One is certainly going.

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Forwards
Matthias95%
Hendricks90%
Stastny90%Sadly.
Dano70%
Armia30%
Perreault20%
Defense
Morrow80%
Enstrom70%
Chiarot50%
Myers25%
Goal
Hutchinson99%
Mason50%Wish were higher.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
I hope Stastny comes back. He’s an amazing player. It was really refreshing seeing how much better he gels between Ehlers and Laine than Little.

I hope Little gets better, he was not the same player the entire year. He made a lot of bad descisions with the puck. The play often times died on his stick. Where has the Little of old gone to? Those soft hands and smart reads. Someone please find him, the team needs him.

Whatever happens, this team needs to get a whole lot better. Hoping for strong summers from all returnees/new additions. Give that Lemieux guy a call, let’s see if he’s ready.

Reactions: Ares

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Don't think statsny is staying I would bet money on that. Even if we moved Perreault and Myers I just think he goes somewher else on his own. So may as well hang on to both Myers and Perreault for now, or at least 1 of them

I guess, but if Stastny is willing to resign for anything sound of 6m I think he should move them. I think we should get rid of Myers and Perreault regardless, Vesalainen is probably good enough to play now and Poolman is a better and cheaper match for the team. If we can get assets or other players who can improve this team now more than they will.

Last edited:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Now looking at it more I don’t think the Jets will be able to keep Stastny but we should still get the best from Perreault and Myers, as we’d still have a really good defence and probably the best Top9/Top6 in the league...

Vesalainen Scheifele Laine
- shelter Vesalainen beside Laine and Scheifele and try to mold him into a LW version of Wheeler over the season.

Connor Roslovic Wheeler - Shelter Roslovic at 2C beside a 30 Goal scorer and one of the best overall Wingers in the league.

Ehlers Lowry Armia - put some defensively strong Linemates aside Ehlers so he can get more qaulity chances(Laine and Ehlers should be put to bed for now, they both need linemates who are good along the boards, in they’re own zone and forechecking).

Hendricks Copp Little - Limit they’re minutes to about the least amount of minutes per game that a 4th line can get.

Morrissey Trouba - Keep using them agaisnt top competition(and put them both on the PP as well).

Niku Byfuglien - Shelter Niku beside Big Buff and use them more often in OZ Starts and agaisnt weaker competition.

Chiarot Poolman - Chiarot had a really good year defensively and all around, so we should keep him here to help Poolman shut the lower competition down.

Hellebuyck - I expect more head shaking/ bobbling and angry camera starring next season...

Mason - I don’t expect allot.....

: Trade Myers and Perreault for a player with Cup experience and a prospect/pick...

Reactions: hudster

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
well he's had 4 seasons(?) a first round elimination. missed playoffs(twice) and got eliminated in a match he should've won
If we want to be the laughing stock of pro sports we should definitely fire Maurice. Great idea!

Reactions: Jets 31

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
According to the main boards, Laine and Ehlers have no place on this roster, they should be traded as they suck ass and, oh wait Ehlers is the biggest choker in recent history..

lol

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
well he's had 4 seasons(?) a first round elimination. missed playoffs(twice) and got eliminated in a match he should've won
Clueless.
He went through a year deciding which Vets to keep through analysis, 1 year of coaching rookies and this year getting the young ones to the WCF

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Now looking at it more I don’t think the Jets will be able to keep Stastny but we should still get the best from Perreault and Myers, as we’d still have a really good defence and probably the best Top9/Top6 in the league...

Vesalainen Scheifele Laine
- shelter Vesalainen beside Laine and Scheifele and try to mold him into a LW version of Wheeler over the season.

Connor Roslovic Wheeler - Shelter Roslovic at 2C beside a 30 Goal scorer and one of the best overall Wingers in the league.

Ehlers Lowry Armia - put some defensively strong Linemates aside Ehlers so he can get more qaulity chances(Laine and Ehlers should be put to bed for now, they both need linemates who are good along the boards, in they’re own zone and forechecking).

Hendricks Copp Little - Limit they’re minutes to about the least amount of minutes per game that a 4th line can get.

Morrissey Trouba - Keep using them agaisnt top competition(and put them both on the PP as well).

Niku Byfuglien - Shelter Niku beside Big Buff and use them more often in OZ Starts and agaisnt weaker competition.

Chiarot Poolman - Chiarot had a really good year defensively and all around, so we should keep him here to help Poolman shut the lower competition down.

Hellebuyck - I expect more head shaking/ bobbling and angry camera starring next season...

Mason - I don’t expect allot.....

: Trade Myers and Perreault for a player with Cup experience and a prospect/pick...
Legit question,

Why is it always Ehlers who goes down a line when a rookie comes in?

Im sorry, but 3rd line would be to waste him.

And for the sake of his career, he should ask for a trade if that is a continuing trend.

Do well, get demoted:thumbu:

I guess this also leaves him off the pp.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Myers is the only player of value I'd be actively trying to trade this offseason.
If someone offered a a good return for Perreault I would move him at the draft.You can easily pick up a rental like him at the trade deadline if needed..

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Stastny already said in a interview yesterday that he would love to come back but Chevy has some important guys to resign and didn't know if it was going to work that he would be able to resign with the Jets . To me the only way Chevy resigns Stastny is if Little is traded , there isn't enough cap room for both .

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Players with NMC's do get traded, although it's not as easy to trade them, for sure. Maybe Ladd can convince Little to waive to accept a trade to NYI, after NYI aren't able to retain Tavares.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
According to gapfriendly he does not have full NMC but 14 team trade list.

2018 to 2020 is a full NMC. It's a 14 team modified NTC after that, directly from Capfriendly.

Trading a player is a hypothetical. Trading a player with a NMC is a hypothetical hypothetical. Little will be here for at least 2 years.

Reactions: ps241

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
KC Scheif Laine ...8m
Ehlers Tavares Wheeler ...19m
MP Little Roslo ...8m
Copp Lowry Armia ...6m
Tanev Dano ...2m

Morrissey Trouba ...10m
de Haan Buff ...12m
Kuli Poolman ...5.3m
Morrow ...1m

Helle Mason ...8.6m

Tavares gets 7.5m x 3 with yearly payments of 10m, 9m and 3.5m.
De Haan gets 4.4m x 5.
Petan, Myers and Chiarot traded and Morrissey bridged for 3m per year for two years. Trouba gets 6 x 7m.
Niku and Vaseline putting the finishing touches on their game before they start with the big team.
Perreault and Wheeler possibly moved to make room for more monies for Laine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad