Speculation: Who will not be back on the roster for 2018/19

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
that's too long
he's had his chances through out his entire career

players weren't great. but didn't see Maurice make adjustments either

like why is the pp so bad. not enough shots. too much passing

No coach worth his salt would want to coach us knowing that its cup or bust. He got this franchise further than any before him and as such will get a chance to complete the job. I am not onboard to give him unlimited chances but he will get one next year and probably the year after barring a collapse.

Reactions: larmex99

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
No coach worth his salt would want to coach us knowing that its cup or bust. He got this franchise further than any before him and as such will get a chance to complete the job. I am not onboard to give him unlimited chances but he will get one next year and probably the year after barring a collapse.

well he's had 4 seasons(?) a first round elimination. missed playoffs(twice) and got eliminated in a match he should've won

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Too much $$$ on D. Id move him if Trouba signs. You almost need 2

enstrom's contract is up already tho

I mean if you can package a deal.eith Myers, but what are you trying to get for him?

jets boards seem to hate him, but don't realise how good is as a 3rd pair d man. he won't cost 5 mil after his contract is up

Reactions: GNP

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Laine was bad in the playoffs. I don't think he is the kind of player the management wants to have in the upcoming years if the goal is to compete for the Stanley Cup.. yet there could be great value available from trading him. I think this is what the exec's should and will be considering going into the off-season.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Laine was bad in the playoffs. I don't think he is the kind of player the management wants to have in the upcoming years if the goal is to compete for the Stanley Cup.. yet there could be great value available from trading him. I think this is what the exec's should and will be considering going into the off-season.

Thats some good crack you are smoking .

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

I agree he was poor after the first round. And I do cringe wondering how we will compete with him making 9+ a year. But you just can't trade players like that in todays NHL anymore. You just simply won't get the sure value back. Unless we are getting 1 proven NHL top 6 forward and 1 proven top pair NHL D man both solid and young/ under contract. It just wont happen. I think Enstrom retires or plays in Europe, Statsny does not sound like he plans on coming back nor could we offer what he wants. Everyone else will be back. Next summer would be when moves are made. If Wheels signs then you have to make moves. If we can't sign him or he walks we may be fine going forward. We should ice pretty similar team to what we had pre Statsny this year. Add Roslo as a full timer

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Tell you this much.. If Wheeler walks... Next off-season... Move 1. Fire Chevy.. Cuz ain't no way he walks.. You can get a great return for him if hes unwilling to be reasonable... If you don't, you have failed and deserve to be fired .

Reactions: irunthepeg

amethyst

#10 Forever
Mar 15, 2013
I'd love to see Wheeler retire a Jet and I think he loves it in the Peg too. Hopefully it works out! But then again it's an open secret that Scheifele will be the next captain so does that mean Wheeler won't stay? hmmm.

Ares

May 8, 2018
I agree he was poor after the first round. And I do cringe wondering how we will compete with him making 9+ a year. But you just can't trade players like that in todays NHL anymore. You just simply won't get the sure value back. Unless we are getting 1 proven NHL top 6 forward and 1 proven top pair NHL D man both solid and young/ under contract. It just wont happen. I think Enstrom retires or plays in Europe, Statsny does not sound like he plans on coming back nor could we offer what he wants. Everyone else will be back. Next summer would be when moves are made. If Wheels signs then you have to make moves. If we can't sign him or he walks we may be fine going forward. We should ice pretty similar team to what we had pre Statsny this year. Add Roslo as a full timer
I mean I don't think you should trade Laine but if Chevy wanted to he certainly could and would probably get a good return for him. We have plenty of young skilled wingers in the system... not Laine-level maybe but one player doesn't make or break the team. We could trade him, Ehlers and Myers to EDM for Draisaitl, PJ and 10th overall. (Just playing with the idea.)

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Thats some good crack you are smoking .
9 +for Laine??? Not a chance. Brutal playoffs. 7. Long term is what it should be.

Reactions: GNP

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I mean I don't think you should trade Laine but if Chevy wanted to he certainly could and would probably get a good return for him. We have plenty of young skilled wingers in the system... not Laine-level maybe but one player doesn't make or break the team. We could trade him, Ehlers and Myers to EDM for Draisaitl, PJ and 10th overall. (Just playing with the idea.)

Myers and Perreault could get you 10.. Throw in Dano or something. I dont trade laine or ehlers for draisaitl who is overpaid... Jets seem to be about that draft and develop.. Not about trading guys after their first playoffs... Its more likely Chevy moves "Vets" out since we are developing our own in Trouba Scheif Morrissey now.. Lowry.. Helle even.. These guys replace the Buffs and and Wheelers one day as leaders of the team.

Buff Wheeler Little Myers Perreault all go b4 laine or Ehlers does .

Reactions: Moon Man and GNP

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
With Vesa Roslo maybe Appleton Poolman Niku knocking on the door .. Even Lemieux who'd be great on the PP and add some almost nastiness.. I think you see some Vets and "depth" go . This is how you keep the core of your young upcoming team together...

You move out money (Vets) and replace them with ELC or cheaper 2nd contracts .

Who is our core? Its at the point now where Buff Wheeler etc are aging and your core is now Helle Jake Josh Mark Patty Nikky Likely Lowsy Connor Roslo. You keep the new core together by moving out the older vets who you can replace with cheaper contracts

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Laine was fine. No idea what ya'll are talking about hes 20 years old and put in 2 of the 9 goals we got in this series. Has some issues he needs to work on absolutely but can't ask much more him given the circumstances. It reminds me of some of the Leafs fans out there criticizing Matthews after a rough playoff series.

I still think Mason is a decent option for a backup who never had a chance to get settled in but get the need to free up cap space.

Have a feeling Stastny would like to stay but gets bigger $$$ elsewhere.

If Niku is ready (looks close) and Roslovic takes the next step it realllly opens up some options.

Reactions: irunthepeg

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Hope Myers and Perreault get moved for a 10-15 I’d be happy. Stastny’s worth is much more than both of those guys at this point. Our lineup would be fine too.

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Vesalainen Stastny Laine
Ehlers Lowry Roslovic
Copp Hendricks Tanev(?)

Morrissey Trouba
Niku Byfuglien
Kulikov Poolman

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Hope Myers and Perreault get moved for a 10-15 I’d be happy. Stastny’s worth is much more than both of those guys at this point. Our lineup would be fine too.

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Vesalainen Stastny Laine
Ehlers Lowry Roslovic
Copp Hendricks Tanev(?)

Morrissey Trouba
Niku Byfuglien
Kulikov Poolman

Where’s Little???

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Vesalainen Stastny Laine
Ehlers Lowry Roslovic
Copp Hendricks Tanev(?)

Morrissey Trouba
Niku Byfuglien
Kulikov Poolman

Don't think statsny is staying I would bet money on that. Even if we moved Perreault and Myers I just think he goes somewher else on his own. So may as well hang on to both Myers and Perreault for now, or at least 1 of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad