Speculation: Who will not be back on the roster for 2018/19

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
oh you think so ?

so leaving the lines they way were. continuing to play the way they did. has nothing to do with coach management?

like I said before. yes the players didn't play great, but the coach did nothing to adjust left everything the same
The Jets for the first time in history make it this far with no scoring from Perrault, little, Ehlers a young goalie who is in over his head and your first thought is fire the coach? What would you have done differently? Put a goalie who has played less than 20 games in net? You play what brought you to the dance.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Roslovic-Ehlers
Perreault-Little-Armia
Lowry-Copp-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Hellebuyck
Mason (unless Comrie is ready)

PB: Morrow, Poolman, Chiarot, Lemieux and a waiver pick-up.

Gone:
Enstrom
Hendricks
Stastny
Dano
Matthias
Petan
(Maybe Myers and Mason)

But I have a feeling a very unexpected positive move in our franchise happens this off-season that shocks all of us in a good way.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Roslovic-Ehlers
Perreault-Little-Armia
Lowry-Copp-Tanev

Morrissey-Trouba
Niku-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

Hellebuyck
Mason (unless Comrie is ready)

PB: Morrow, Poolman, Chiarot, Lemieux and a waiver pick-up.

Gone:
Enstrom
Hendricks
Stastny
Dano
Matthias
Petan
(Maybe Myers and Mason)

But I have a feeling a very unexpected positive move in our franchise happens this off-season that shocks all of us in a good way.
Like what?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I think there’s a reasonable chance that Stats will be back, just not sure how they would accomplish it
Myers should be first one out. Poolman can replace him no doubt and jmo will take his spot on pp. Perreault will be the other guy out, although I like him if Jets want Stas then they need to part with a good player. They're too loyal for Little to go and he's been here thru thick and thin.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
The Jets for the first time in history make it this far with no scoring from Perrault, little, Ehlers a young goalie who is in over his head and your first thought is fire the coach? What would you have done differently? Put a goalie who has played less than 20 games in net? You play what brought you to the dance.

it's not the first time Maurice made it to the conference finals and lost either
not to mention he's the most losingest coach

if you wanna ride a coach who can't make adjustments in the middle of a series for the next couple years then that's on you

Reactions: hudster

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
We sign a player we don't expect to or make a trade for a star player that boosts us going forward. Not saying it is going to happen, but after our success this season there's a possibility it could be a little more favourable.
Gonna need to shed some salary the other way. Wouldn't Stastny be the best possible signing? I'd move a few pieces to retain him.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Myers should be first one out. Poolman can replace him no doubt and jmo will take his spot on pp. Perreault will be the other guy out, although I like him if Jets want Stas then they need to part with a good player. They're too loyal for Little to go and he's been here thru thick and thin.
Is it true that Wheeler made a pitch to Stastny to come here? If Wheeler wants you here, you’ll be here.

Your assessment makes sense to me. Myers would be really attractive to some teams and Perrault might be.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Is it true that Wheeler made a pitch to Stastny to come here? If Wheeler wants you here, you’ll be here.

Your assessment makes sense to me. Myers would be really attractive to some teams and Perrault might be.
Yes, but convincing a guy to come from march to may is different then a guy moving here with family for an entire season. Not saying it's not possible but Stastny knows what we offer here after this run, but it's gotta work for his family too.

Reactions: one other person

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
it's not the first time Maurice made it to the conference finals and lost either

if you wanna ride a coach who can't make adjustments in the middle of a series for the next couple years then that's on you
Yep that's also on the Jets as I doubt that move him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

You know I have not always been the biggest fan of Moe, but I feel he really grew as a coach with this team this past season. He deserves the chance to see if he can grow in the playoffs with the group. Obviously if we become the Raptors where we make the playoffs 3 to 4 years and can't get over the hump you need to make a change.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
You know I have not always been the biggest fan of Moe, but I feel he really grew as a coach with this team this past season. He deserves the chance to see if he can grow in the playoffs with the group. Obviously if we become the Raptors where we make the playoffs 3 to 4 years and can't get over the hump you need to make a change.
And if we need to make a change, Dwayne Casey might be available

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Stastny should be given a blank cheque to stay. His leadership and offensive capabilities cannot be ignored.

An Edmonton fan prposed they offer Nurse, Best, and 2018 1st rounder for Morrissey and Ehlers

Reactions: irunthepeg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I think Perrault stays for one more season to give Vesalinen some time to season in the AHL first. I do think Myers should go. I think Poolman is steadier in his own end and I like his long range upside at moving the puck better than Myers as well.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Can't lose Myers until we get a long term commitment from Trouba.

Reactions: ps241

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

that's too long
he's had his chances through out his entire career

players weren't great. but didn't see Maurice make adjustments either

like why is the pp so bad. not enough shots. too much passing

Reactions: hudster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad