Who will be the Sens next captain ‘’C’’

• Total voters

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
unnamed.jpg

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That’s just delaying the decision to include a signed Brady.

Good idea but the C has less appeal then I thought it did. Stone turned it down; Alfie and EK walked away from it (so did Yashin)

My guess is they keep the C open to negotiate with Brady if he wants it, if he doesn’t or isn’t interested long term they have Chabot who’d make a great Captain.

Id prefer Chabot as C but see signing Brady long term and dangling the C might be the best strategy

Reactions: Sweatred

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Bourque, Lidstrom, Potvin, Chara, etc.

I'm not saying it's not possible (even though I said can't- whoops. hyperbole for dramatic effect) but I believe Chabot would be a better quality leader over his career.

Reactions: Back in Black

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I want it to be Tkachuk, but Chabot would be a great choice as well. Having those two as the main contenders, is a fine problem to have. I predict for 2021-22:

C: Tkachuk
A: Chabot
A: White (Home)
A: C.Brown (Away)

Oct 10, 2010
No captain means they aren't committed to anyone long-term Chabot included even thought he's locked up.

Could easily be traded over the years.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Bourque, Lidstrom, Potvin, Chara, etc.

I'm not saying it's not possible (even though I said can't- whoops. hyperbole for dramatic effect) but I believe Chabot would be a better quality leader over his career.

Potvin had over 100 pims for each of his first four seasons. He had 6 fewer pims in his rookie season than Brady has in his first two combined.

Chara wasn’t seen as much more than a giant physical defenseman, borderline enforcer, at Tkachuk’s age.

If anything, those two are examples of why your argument doesn’t work.

Brady’s 181 career pims (1.27 mins per game) aren’t an impediment to having the C.

Reactions: StoicSensFan

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Chabot cause he is more reserved and calm on the ice

I rather have Brady be Brady and not worry about having to be clean and respectable cause he has the C

I would still wait another year or two before naming someone. No need to add more pressure on the young guys till they have some experience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad