Speculation: Who will be the Sens next captain ‘’C’’

Who will be the Sens next captain ‘’C’’

• Total voters

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Connor Brown :leafs
I could see Smith putting the "C" on Connor Brown, he works hard, never takes a shift off & can play up & down the lineup in whatever role the coach needs. It would also help him distinguish between the two Browns in the lineup, coaches aren't that bright you know.

P.S. - get rid of that Leaf logo or I swear I'll shoot this laptop. haha

Reactions: Matsens15

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I think Bruce saying Chabot is the leading candidate for the C is wishful thinking on his part. Just like how he was holding out hope longer than most other insiders that Pageau would sign. That was more or less confirmed when Smith said no captain this year. Unless Bruce was speaking generally, but I think it was specifically pertaining to a start in 2020-21. I don’t think he has an inside scoop on who they’re leaning towards, and neither do I, though I think it’s Tkachuk, which I also deem to be the better choice. Our opinions differ in that regard. If we name Chabot instead though, it’s still a fine choice. Would you rather Roman Josi/Alex Pietrangelo, or Gabriel Landeskog/Jamie Benn as your captain? I’d take one of the latter two, and that’s nothing against the former two.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Nice to see Tkachuk get a "A", the guy not only leads by example, but he wills the whole team to work & fight harder for every inch of space.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Makes sense. Chabot is undeniably our best skilled player and the team goes as he does. He also steps up in the clutch and leads by example.

Tkachuk is the ultimate lead by example player.

This year should be good indication of who deserves it.
They’re both great choices. It’s not that important. I’d rather have it go to Tkachuk though, because I believe his swag and style is what we need as our captain

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As weird as it might sound, I know much more about what happens off the ice regarding the Habs so I don't know as much about the pressure/etc in Ottawa but in Montreal, being the captain is kind of a burden and has "hurt" several guys before so I totally agree with what Simpson is saying.

I don't think Tkachuk need added pressure, not at such a young age. Captain should have been Mark Stone. He should come back to Ottawa in two years when Vegas window starts closing and Ottawa starts opening :naughty:

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
As weird as it might sound, I know much much more about what happens off the ice regarding the Habs so I don't know as much about the pressure/etc in Ottawa but in Montreal, being the captain is kind of a burden and has "hurt" several guys before so I totally agree with what Simpson is saying.

I don't think Tkachuk need added pressure. Captain should have been Mark Stone. He should come back to Ottawa in two years when Vegas window starts closing and Ottawa starts opening :naughty:

Recently? Or in the Ribeiro-Theodore-Dagenais Vs Koivu-Rivet-Souray era?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Recently? Or in the Ribeiro-Theodore-Dagenais Vs Koivu-Rivet-Souray era?

yeah that "era" was kind of entertaining but why just that one? I have been here for 30 years now and there's always a lot of talk about the Habs... Radio, TV, people, business, etc. I once had Daniel Audette as a neighboor, then my sister was living in the same neighborhood as Carey Price, Shea Weber, Jeff Petry visited her house when it was for sale, etc. I saluted Price and Subban a few times when they drove in Carey's pick up. Most hockey players live on the south shore. Montreal is a much bigger city than Ottawa but hockey is still a "small world". Sure there's a lot of rumors and 99.9% of those are false but easy to get a "feel" about the pressure Habs players face here. It's not as bad as before though because the Montreal population is so diversified now, a lot of foreign college students and not nearly as much people who follow hockey as before (in proportion). I'd even say that the ratio of Habs fans vs population is now bigger outside of Montreal...

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
yeah that "era" was kind of entertaining but why just that one? I have been here for 30 years now and there's always a lot of talk about the Habs... Radio, TV, people, business, etc. I once had Daniel Audette as a neighboor, then my sister was living in the same neighborhood as Carey Price, Shea Weber, Jeff Petry visited her house when it was for sale, etc. I saluted Price and Subban a few times when they drove in Carey's pick up. Most hockey players live on the south shore. Montreal is a much bigger city than Ottawa but hockey is still a "small world". Sure there's a lot of rumors and 99.9% of those are false but easy to get a "feel" about the pressure Habs players face here. It's not as bad as before though because the Montreal population is so diversified now, a lot of foreign college students and not nearly as much people who follow hockey as before (in proportion). I'd even say that the ratio of Habs fans vs population is now bigger outside of Montreal...

I was just wondering. I listen to the Podcast '' La poche bleu'' with Guillaume Latendresse and Maxim Lapierre and they had Ribeiro, Theodore and Dagenais on the show. They were saying the room was very devided at that time. Koivu was more interested in his own points production rather than winning. Also , Rivet was a massive jerk from what they said. It was very interesting.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I was just wondering. I listen to the Podcast '' La poche bleu'' with Guillaume Latendresse and Maxim Lapierre and they had Ribeiro, Theodore and Dagenais on the show. They were saying the room was very devided at that time. Koivu was more interested in his own points production rather than winning. Also , Rivet was a massive jerk from what they said. It was very interesting.

Yeah there was a lot of "drama" during that time. I think the Habs have worked to get more "quiet" guys today, guys that won't attract attention as much.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Good point by Simmer. But, I disagree. A team need a captain at some point.

Does and Donts

Do Name a player that leads by example and puts in the effort day in and day out.
Daniel Alfredsson
Mark Giordano
Blake Wheeler

Do Not name a goalie captain
Roberto Loungo

Do Not name a player that you are trying to appease, convince to stay, raise their trade value
Jason Spezza
Max Pacioretty

Do Not name a player based on skills alone, the media will hound them more when not performing
Erik Karlsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad