Speculation: Who will be the Sens next captain ‘’C’’

Who will be the Sens next captain ‘’C’’

• Total voters

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Chabot is likely the better player and would probably be a fine C.

Tkachuk seems to be the on and off ice leader of the Sens though. He definitely seems to have that personality that teammates would be drawn to.

Honestly,it doesn't matter who wears the C - Brady Tkachuk is the real leader of the team. If he wants it, give it to him after a contract extension.

They don't need to name a C next year, they can use 3 A's.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Went with Chabot but Brady would be a great choice as well. It's clear that they'll both be important pieces and leaders of our group going forward so I don't see a bad choice here.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The Last worthy player to be Captain was Pageau. Chabot and Tkachuk are too young and have shown little to be given the C. I voted someone else because I don't think either are worthy right now. In the future either one could be but at this point we really don't need one until it is evident we have one in the locker room.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If we get Laferniere, you think we ride 3 A's next year and then possibly give it to him 2 seasons from now?

I believe Chabot should get it, but my heart is saying Brady.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I've always been the type to say your captain shouldn't spend a lot of time in the penalty box. He should be relied on to kill important penalties and be your go to player.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Give it to White just to mess with @Sweatred :D

Why not ? We gift wrap everything else for him.... (no full/good season in minors and we gifted him $26 million).

Interesting to see what the Sens do. I can’t see them giving Brady the “C” without an extension. I think the 23 year old Brady is the right guy but you can’t exactly take it away from Chabot if he gets it for 2020-21. Too bad the Sens couldn’t tear up ELC’s and increase Brady’s pay for next year when we are trying to reach the floor.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't think they have a captain next year

Some high profile giys arriving via the 2020 draft

Some young emerging leadership

Coach and GM praising the leadership of the old guard

All points to another year of multiple As or possibly a short term captain as they wait out the growth of the kids

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Love how tight these two are regardless. From interviews together it seems like BT kind of leads the way a bit, but Having two cornerstone leaders on d and o is perfect.

I’d like another year of 3 A’s, which would give Brady a full year of official leadership experience.

After BT has signed an extension I think it will probably be a natural for for him to be captain. Like I said, just looking at TC and BT together it looks like they’re good friends and likely know between them who the captain should be.

Two solid kids to build our future around, so stoked.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Why not ? We gift wrap everything else for him.... (no full/good season in minors and we gifted him $26 million).

Interesting to see what the Sens do. I can’t see them giving Brady the “C” without an extension. I think the 23 year old Brady is the right guy but you can’t exactly take it away from Chabot if he gets it for 2020-21. Too bad the Sens couldn’t tear up ELC’s and increase Brady’s pay for next year when we are trying to reach the floor.

we have to reach that cap floor! Lol

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Love how tight these two are regardless. From interviews together it seems like BT kind of leads the way a bit, but Having two cornerstone leaders on d and o is perfect.

I’d like another year of 3 A’s, which would give Brady a full year of official leadership experience.

After BT has signed an extension I think it will probably be a natural for for him to be captain. Like I said, just looking at TC and BT together it looks like they’re good friends and likely know between them who the captain should be.

Two solid kids to build our future around, so stoked.

It help to be good friend when they are close in ages range! This is what I like about the new leadership core. They will all be close in age and will grow together and be friend for a long time!

Reactions: Ice-Tray

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brady Tkachuk & it's not even close for me.

- Tkachuk quickly became the face of the franchise.
- the NHL & the NHL media seem to love him & Ottawa gets more respect with him as the Captain IMO.
- who would you want to go through a wall with? Chabot seems to quiet & shy to be the captain IMO.
- making Tkachuk the captain might just help to keep him here a little longer.
- Tkachuk is much more likely to make a locker room speech than Chabot is to pick the guys up when needed. Chabot is much more likely to score the winning goal or put it in off Tkachuk.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It’s sad that the team does not have a veteran who is both a leader on the ice and off it.

I would go with three As for a year or three until such a veteran emerges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad