Who will be the first NHL Coach fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
After watching the last 3 Shark games Deboer should be firmly in the number 1 spot to be canned. No systems in place and Vlasic is the only one playing D back there. Sharks are in trouble. EK already breaking sticks since he cant play in his own zone worth a damn.

Came here to post this, they look awful. My first team, Sabres, just got outta a bad coaching situation, I know what it looks like. Now my #2 favorite team, Sharks, have fallen apart. Bad move putting all your money on Karlsson and DeBoer is making it work terribly.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Boudreau or Maurice for sure. I can’t think of any other worthy candidates. I would say Hynes but I still am completely befuddled why he just got an extension...

DeBoer is not getting fired. He’s had a pretty good tenure with the Sharks and if you look at their team, they are badly lacking depth this year. You can’t lose Pavelski, Donskoi, Nyquist and Braun and replace them with no one, and then blame the coach. And you’re crazy if you think he’s the reason they look like shit so far. Evander Kane is also out of the lineup. So their lineup right now just plain sucks tbh.

Last edited:

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Maurice or Boudreau for sure. I can’t think of any other worthy candidates.

DeBoer is not getting fired. He’s had a pretty good tenure with the Sharks and if you look at their team, they are badly lacking depth this year. You can’t lose Pavelski, Donskoi, Nyquist and Braun and replace them with no one, and then blame the coach. And you’re crazy if you think he’s the reason they look like **** so far. Evander Kane is also out of the lineup. So their lineup right now just plain sucks tbh.

When the Ducks have free reign in the neutral zone thats usually a sign to trap it up. Deboer is still running and gunning with a slower team. Just watched a slow Minnesota team slow down the speedy Avs earlier and atleast put up a fight. No reason Deboer cant adjust to slow down and even younger Ducks team. Coaching is a problem along with the depth as you pointed out. Dell should of been yanked a while ago as his confidence is completely shot.

Reactions: IlikeEich

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
When the Ducks have free reign in the neutral zone thats usually a sign to trap it up. Deboer is still running and gunning with a slower team. Just watched a slow Minnesota team slow down the speedy Avs earlier and atleast put up a fight. No reason Deboer cant adjust to slow down and even younger Ducks team. Coaching is a problem along with the depth as you pointed out. Dell should of been yanked a while ago as his confidence is completely shot.

Ya, I think DeBoer is responsible for playing a crappy hand extra crappily. I see early season meltdown leading to his ticket outta town.

One thing on Hynes- Sabres had just scored to make it 4-1 and Devils came out hitting. Woods got knocked down, then Hall got wrecked by McCabe and got hurt. If Hynes said "go hit somebody" only for it to lead to your star player getting hurt.. not even totally Hynes' fault, but that's the sorta thing that can turn a team against a guy.

Reactions: skinnyFAT91

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
DeBoer. He appears to have lost his team like Randy Carlyle did last year with the Ducks, the Sharks are playing like a Randy Carlyle coached team.
Doug Wilson should step in as Coach/GM like Bob Murray did last year.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I originally said Torts but I'm changing my pick to Cooper in TB. I don't see him making it past Xmas.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Babcock. It’s about that time where leafs can a future hall of fame coach, and call him garbage on the way out for playing Hyman on the top line.

Quinn
Maurice
Wilson
Carlyle
*babcock

The bell tolls for thee Babcock.

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Jets played 5 of 6 on the road, and go 4-2 with a super green defence. Star players like Laine are fully engaged.

Great job, Maurice! He’s not getting fired, sheesh.

Reactions: BBB24

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
I have to wonder if Yzerman is thinking Blashill.

Detroit isn't a playoff team, but they're not 6 straight losses bad.

It strikes out that Blashill was announced as signing extension just three weeks before Stevie Y was named GM.

Honestly, I say Maurice will be first to go. Even with changes in their defense, the start has been bad and he has been there for a while.

Boudreau could be another strong candidate but I would see more sensible to run the season to the end and look at coaching options after the season as his contract runs out then anyway.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Jets played 5 of 6 on the road, and go 4-2 with a super green defence. Star players like Laine are fully engaged.

Great job, Maurice! He’s not getting fired, sheesh.

Agree he won’t be getting fired.
Should he be fired is an interesting debate.
For me not yet but if he cannot get this team motivated to show up soon yes

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
David Quinn has been absolutely atrocious this year

My favorite was during an early Flyers/Rangers game on NBC last year, Pierre was talking about how Dave Hakstol had done a tremendous job and opened the door for other college coaches like David Quinn. Hakstol was, of course, fired within a month.

May Quinn last as long and be just as "tremendous."

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It takes a lot to make Ottawa look good these days. Detroit is terrible. Is it their roster or Jeff Blashill or both? I could see him getting the axe.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
David Quinn probably if the Rangers continue to look like they've no plan at all.

Even if the team is bad, you can still get them to play coherent hockey and work hard.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I have to wonder if Yzerman is thinking Blashill.

Detroit isn't a playoff team, but they're not 6 straight losses bad.

While I agree.. Hard to blame Blash for having Filp, Nielsen, Abdelkader eating up a big part of the cap and then be stuck with Ehn, Delarose, Glendenning and so on... Some of those listed are boat anchors to productivity, the others are either AHL players or players who are forced to play above their capabilities in the line up.

I wouldn't be sad to see Blash go but he can't construct the team, he simply is trying to work with the mess left to him and Yzerman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad