Who will be the first NHL Coach fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Shero would be wise to scoop BB as soon as the Wild fire him. The sooner the better for all parties involved.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I don't think Boudreau will get fired. Guerin will probably keep him for the season while he figures out what needs to be done with the team in the summer. Then next season, after he makes his changes, if the Wild keep struggling, then Boudreau will be gone.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Sharks had the highest expectations heading into the season. However, when was the last time DW fired a coach midseason? Darryl Sutter? As crazy as it sounds, I can see him waiting until the summer if he believes the players

The Devils, though, can’t afford to have another poor season. Unlike the Sharks, whose core is aging but still under contract, their best player - Hall - is a UFA after the season. As loyal Shero is to his people, he might have to pull the trigger.

As for the Wild, Guerin might be using this season to evaluate the state of the franchise. Therefore, I don’t see him dismissing Boudreau until the offseason.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Coming to the end of October here are coaches I see on the hot seat:

East

Blashill - Det 9 Pts out of 26 possible -
Quinn - NYR 9 Pts out of 20 possible
Cooper - TB 12 Pts out of 22 possible

West

Colliton - Chi 8Pts out of 22 possible
McLellan - LA 8Pts out of 24 possible
Montgomery - Dal 11 Pts out of 28 Possible.

You might not be able to make the playoffs in the 1st month of the season but you can sure eliminate yourself.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Cooper should be on the hot seat. Not seeing good things from a team that skilled, plus his in-game decisions...

Reactions: Fudge

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009

East

West

You might not be able to make the playoffs in the 1st month of the season but you can sure eliminate yourself.

Kings coach? Seems quick lol

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It takes a lot to make Ottawa look good these days. Detroit is terrible. Is it their roster or Jeff Blashill or both? I could see him getting the axe.
It's mostly Detroit's roster.

Earlier in this thread I said no way Blashill gets fired because expectations are so low, but with the exception of last night against the Oilers, this team is somehow managing to play even crappier than its roster.

Combine that with some of Blashill's inexplicable player usage and maybe he could get the axe after all.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As for the Wild, Guerin might be using this season to evaluate the state of the franchise. Therefore, I don’t see him dismissing Boudreau until the offseason.
That's where I'm at with the Wild. Bill Guerin probably has the best job security in the league, he never even got a shot to do anything with this team in the offseason. They'll probably just play things out, sell hard at the deadline, then re-evaluate everything (including coaching) in the Summer when they have a better picture going forward.

Reactions: BHD

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
It's mostly Detroit's roster.

Earlier in this thread I said no way Blashill gets fired because expectations are so low, but with the exception of last night against the Oilers, this team is somehow managing to play even crappier than its roster.

Combine that with some of Blashill's inexplicable player usage and maybe he could get the axe after all.

Agreed, the whole point of keeping Blash was that he was supposed to be good for young player development, regardless of having a winning or losing record. But lately the team has been so bad I worry that some guys might actually hurt their development by playing in that system. Good players can get worse in trash systems.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I am tempted to agree, but I think the Hawks will give him the full year.
With as much talent as the Hawks have they are playing this poorly. It appears the team has stated he is too young to coach them at this level.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
With as much talent as the Hawks have they are playing this poorly. It appears the team has stated he is too young to coach them at this level.

Except our talent is aging fast. This is not a playoff team right now, with any coach at the helm. Most of us are prepared for a short rebuild while we intelligently attempt to get rid of dead weight contracts.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

East

West

Kings players are on the hot seat more than the coach.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I can just see this wheel of teams hiring BB and getting poor results. And fans of other teams keep wanting their team to get him. And then they get him and three years later same results and other teams fans want him and on and on. Directed by David Lynch.

Reactions: iLLiasPetterson

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I can just see this wheel of teams hiring BB and getting poor results. And fans of other teams keep wanting their team to get him. And then they get him and three years later same results and other teams fans want him and on and on. Directed by David Lynch.
So basically what the Ducks got from him, then what Minny got. Yeah, he will be in the league for a while, even though he is ass.

Reactions: Kimota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad