Who will be the first NHL Coach fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If the Sharks start losing alot because of injuries (Labanc, Meier) + bad goalie situation they may fire DeBoer to motivate the healthy players to play harder..
They've been extremely durable as a team the past 3 years, that luck is bound to run out.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Because in 2018-2019, they made it there in spite of him and not because of him.
I mean as a rival fan, I say keep him :laugh:

But objectively he really should go, and I think making the Conference Finals will unfortunately have bought him more leash than he deserves.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
As a Canes fan I fear I must say this: Brind'Amour. Dundon is a short-tempered fella. If this team doesn't start winning soon, Rod's gon' be gone before xmas.

New Jersey Devil

Sep 30, 2013
New Jersey
John Tortorella.

It'll be John Hynes if the Devils **** the bed really bad out of the gate.

They just got Subban, they just got Hughes and they need to try to convince Taylor Hall to not leave town. They absolutely positively cannot afford to have arguably the worst goaltending in the league made only worse by me asking "What the **** is Nasreddine teaching these guys? They're just as bad as he was!" every time I watch the Devils run a fire drill in their own zone. This team HAS TO take the next step and they need do it now. You cannot let Hall walk away for nothing and you're not gonna convince him to stay if you don't make the playoffs again. If it means firing Hynes I know they're gonna do it. The Devils aren't exactly shy about canning their coaches

Dark horse picks are Boudreau and Travis Green
That's when Lou Lamoriello was their GM.

Last edited:

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Yes please Deboer, however he wont be because DW don't play that way, so fire DW first.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Sullivan probably won't last the season if the Pens don't pick up their play. It was only one game, but it looked like (as one poster put it) Game 5 of the Islanders series.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Mike Sullivan.

JR isn't afraid to fire a HC and if it looks like they'll miss the PO.....goodbye.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
IF the Red Wings are bad? The Wings are guaranteed to be bad again. It’s basically by design at this point. Yzerman stashed (and thus protected) all of our top prospects in Grand Rapids and is letting it ride this year. Blashill will most likely play out this wasted year but if he were fired, he wouldn’t be the first. Yzerman looks to have him on a long leash right now.
When Holland signed Blashill to a 2 year contract extension exactly 17 days before he gave his job to Yzerman you bet your bottom dollar Yzerman signed off on it. Blashill's fate will be decided next year.

Pretty much this. The Red Wings would have to come out of the gate getting absolutely embarrassed every game, mount some double digit loss/winless streak and/or have multiple young guys expected to make big contributions this season (Larkin, Mantha, AA, Bertuzzi, Hronek, etc.) regress pretty notably for Blashill to be the first coach fired this season.

generalshepherd141

Jun 12, 2017
America
Honestly, I'm not sure why the Jets still have Paul Maurice coaching their hockey team. Pascal Vincent would be an excellent man to steer the ship for this season, and possibly even beyond

CountKong

Jun 5, 2018
Maurice is an obvious choice as an outsider.

Knowing the Habs brass I really doubt Claude Julien gets the boot even if they stink. Patience.

Reactions: BHD

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Boudreau. I mean it has to be.
I think there is roughly a 1 percent chance it's BB.

He's certainly in trouble of not getting his contract renewed, but what would the point of firing him be, just to pay an interim? If the Wild struggle, the season is going to be written off as Fenton's doing, and Billy G will get to pick his coach in the offseason.

Reactions: BHD

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm kind of wondering if Peter Laviolette may be on the hot seat.

He 100% is if they struggle.

Finally got that other top 6 C they wanted/needed and had to trade a really good defensemen to get the required cap space so if things don't work out, Poile will have a trigger finger.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Todd McLellan?

Previous two coaches, Stevens and Desjardins didn't last long at all, so arguably LA not being gun shy increases the odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->