Who will be the first NHL Coach fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Would be nice if Deboer was on the hot seat.
Im not saying he is a great coach but his team had 101 points last season and had the worst goaltending in the NHL. Unless Jones and Dell can improve by a lot they arent going anywhere with any coach... Just making the playoffs with the worst goaltending in the NHL is an accomplishment in itself.

Reactions: hn777

kyle o connor

enjoying first line highlife
Apr 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Everyone is saying Maurice but you have to look at his employers. They're too stubborn/ loyal to can him. The tire fire of a defense will give him a crutch he can use all season unfortunately.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Im not saying he is a great coach but his team had 101 points last season and had the worst goaltending in the NHL. Unless Jones and Dell can improve by a lot they arent going anywhere with any coach... Just making the playoffs with the worst goaltending in the NHL is an accomplishment in itself.

Jones and Dell were bad, but the systems in front of them do them no favours. Look at last nights game against VGK. Routinely the defence would sneak up high and allow the defence behind them (look at the PPG for the knights). Sharks survived with big offence input, including 38 goals from a 35 year old who shot a career high of 20.2%.

The Sharks team did as well as they did in spite of PDB.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
If the Red Wings are bad again, I think Blashill is done.
I'd be surprised. With this roster the Red Wings are gonna be bad again.

Unless a great coach becomes available I can't see them getting rid of Blashill during the season.

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
No coaches will be fired during this regular season. Don’t know who the first one to be canned after that will be though.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Don't know if he will be first but I feel that if the Canucks don't improve by a considerable margin then Green will be gone, possibly by the all star break.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

IF the Red Wings are bad? The Wings are guaranteed to be bad again. It’s basically by design at this point. Yzerman stashed (and thus protected) all of our top prospects in Grand Rapids and is letting it ride this year. Blashill will most likely play out this wasted year but if he were fired, he wouldn’t be the first. Yzerman looks to have him on a long leash right now.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Couple other guys have touched on it but it's been brought up on in the media a couple times by Kevin Woodley who writes for ingoal. Yes, Jones has been terrible but the defense does him no favors. The amount of screens, east to west plays, and open slot shots allowed would make just about any goalie cry at night.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'll go with Boudreau. His contract is up at the end of the year. There's a new GM. The Wild getting off to a sluggish start would not be surprising.

Hint: It won't be Boudreau

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It'll be John Hynes if the Devils shit the bed really bad out of the gate.

They just got Subban, they just got Hughes and they need to try to convince Taylor Hall to not leave town. They absolutely positively cannot afford to have arguably the worst goaltending in the league made only worse by me asking "What the f*** is Nasreddine teaching these guys? They're just as bad as he was!" every time I watch the Devils run a fire drill in their own zone. This team HAS TO take the next step and they need do it now. You cannot let Hall walk away for nothing and you're not gonna convince him to stay if you don't make the playoffs again. If it means firing Hynes I know they're gonna do it. The Devils aren't exactly shy about canning their coaches

Dark horse picks are Boudreau and Travis Green

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Couple other guys have touched on it but it's been brought up on in the media a couple times by Kevin Woodley who writes for ingoal. Yes, Jones has been terrible but the defense does him no favors. The amount of screens, east to west plays, and open slot shots allowed would make just about any goalie cry at night.
Both Jones and Dell finished bottom 10 (4th last and 9th last) in the NHL in high danger chances save % last season among goalies playing more than 20 games (Almost exactly 60 goalies played 20 games last season). So 56th and 51st out of 60.

I watched probably 50 Sharks games last season and every playoff game and as much as their team defense might be a little off and they struggle to keep the opposing team to the outside, Jones had one of the worst seasons i have ever season from a starter....

And believe me, other teams have awful defense too. As a NYR fan it was pretty tough to watch how awful we played defensively last season even if it was expected. Lundqvist still had .907 save % and Lundqvist had a pretty bad season.

Jones had a .896 save % and .898 save % in the playoffs. Watching Jones last season reminded me of Scott Darling in Carolina. Jones wasnt as bad as Darling in 17/18 but he was completely off and never looked like he played the right angles or made good reaction saves... There is no way to defend Jones' season. He was awful...

Reactions: SabresSharks

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
When Holland signed Blashill to a 2 year contract extension exactly 17 days before he gave his job to Yzerman you bet your bottom dollar Yzerman signed off on it. Blashill's fate will be decided next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad