Who will be the first NHL Coach fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Babcock won't be fired until after the Leafs are eliminated from playoff contention. And even then it probably won't be until the off season begins.

Dubas is going to delay firing Babcock as long as possible because so long as he still has a coach "he didn't hire" then he gets a free pass on accountability.

I don’t know he has spent a lot of money and assets and he is way too young and inexperienced to survive the fallout of missing the playoffs.
If they missed the playoffs lost a couple UFA’s and showed up weaker he would probably have a hard time finding work in the NHL ever again.

Reactions: barbu

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I don’t know he has spent a lot of money and assets and he is way too young and inexperienced to survive the fallout of missing the playoffs.
If they missed the playoffs lost a couple UFA’s and showed up weaker he would probably have a hard time finding work in the NHL ever again.

What?

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
If the leafs miss the playoffs, lose a couple ufa’s in the summer
And have a weaker team next year he is screwed.

And you think he'll have a hard time finding work in the NHL again? Do you actually believe this nonsense?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
And you think he'll have a hard time finding work in the NHL again? Do you actually believe this nonsense?

Lol the young huge contract handing out guy who walked into the leafs and buried the team before it even got going?
Who do you think would hire him?

Reactions: barbu

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
The Sharks had the highest expectations heading into the season. However, when was the last time DW fired a coach midseason? Darryl Sutter? As crazy as it sounds, I can see him waiting until the summer if he believes the players

The Devils, though, can’t afford to have another poor season. Unlike the Sharks, whose core is aging but still under contract, their best player - Hall - is a UFA after the season. As loyal Shero is to his people, he might have to pull the trigger.

As for the Wild, Guerin might be using this season to evaluate the state of the franchise. Therefore, I don’t see him dismissing Boudreau until the offseason.

Doug Wilson was not the GM yet. Lombardi was still in charge when Sutter was let go. Wilson took over later in that season.

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Doug Wilson was not the GM yet. Lombardi was still in charge when Sutter was let go. Wilson took over later in that season.

So never then. Interesting... I still think he waits until the summer. However, I’m anxious to see what his breaking point is.

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If Doug Wilson doesn't fire DeBoer he may end up being the one fired along with DeBoer. If they miss the playoffs after not firing DeBoer that means Ottawa gets a nice pick in the top 10 that could move up higher based on the lottery. Really don't get why Wilson doesn't use DeBoer as the skape goat.

SJ is already near the bottom because if LA, Minnesota & Chicago win their next game they move into dead last in the west.

PackShark

Oct 7, 2017
If Doug Wilson doesn't fire DeBoer he may end up being the one fired along with DeBoer. If they miss the playoffs after not firing DeBoer that means Ottawa gets a nice pick in the top 10 that could move up higher based on the lottery. Really don't get why Wilson doesn't use DeBoer as the skape goat.

SJ is already near the bottom because if LA, Minnesota & Chicago win their next game they move into dead last in the west.

I’ve been a DeBoer fan up until recently. However, the system is broken and I can see this year Doug going against that trend as we won’t have a 1st rounder in the coming draft. I don’t see Wilson being let go as he’s guided the team to 14 playoff appearances in the last 15 years. However, Wilson has played a big role in creating this mess.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Mike Russo was on the radio a short time ago, he said Bill Guerin sounds content to let the season play out as is.

That means Bruce is pretty safe for the season. I expect the Wild to be sellers at the deadline.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Funny thread to peruse. Some actually got Babcock correct.

Long live Maurice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad