Who should be our Game 1 Goalie?

Who is our best option?

• Total voters

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
If I remember my hockey history correctly I believe the only time the Stanley Cup wasnt given out was from the last pandemic. Lol.

Was a strange situation last season. This year feels like we accomplished something as a franchise.

Reactions: Cold Cat

AlphaPred

May 2, 2021
If Bob plays the way everyone knows he can play, you have to give him the start in game one. He was great on Saturday night and if he carries that play into the playoffs the Cats can go a long way.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Assuming Bob starts because you know you have two guys that can step in if Bob falters.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bob starts 1, Driegs starts 2, then you take it from there. I doubt Q has decided more than Bob for Game 1, fairly short leash.

Reactions: harv33173 and zeroG

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I've seen multiple posts about how Judge should get time in the playoffs, and Bob should be on a very short leash.

Just curious, how short a leash should Q keep Judge on?

Reactions: KW

Para

Sep 18, 2018
Hamburg
We got home ice. Give Bob the first start. If he sinks that, Drieger will start the next three. Just my thoughts.

Para

Sep 18, 2018
Hamburg
Still looking of the outcome we get for the dollars the team pays.

And sometimes i think the team plays calmer if Drieger is in goal.

Reactions: harv33173

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
I think the realest scenario is bob is the starter until we lose a game where he allows more than 3 goals. This would play along with the theme we've seen all season. Im not a fan of bob, and I'm quite disappointed with the lack of faith most posters on this board have in Driedger (not sure if he's ploughing all your girlfriends or what) but I can't argue with the evidence we've seen from Q that bob is the favored goalie, with resources available to overcome his suckyness (2 stellar "backups").

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It's interesting how people were really getting on Bob's wagon going into the playoffs, then Judge posts the shutout in the last game of the season.

I hope all the non-believers saved their seat when they hopped off.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
It's interesting how people were really getting on Bob's wagon going into the playoffs, then Judge posts the shutout in the last game of the season.

My seat is probably past the Kuiper Belt at the moment, but I'm sure there is standing room if need be :towel:

Reactions: Cold Cat

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

For me it’s not an adversarial situation. Yes, one of them has to start.... but they’re both playing well now. That’s the best of all options!

I won’t cry whoever starts. I expect it to be Bob in GM1. And then, depending on how it goes, back to Bob or Driegs gets a game.

If nothing changes otherwise, even if Bob is playing well, I expect Driegs to get a few games.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I think the realest scenario is bob is the starter until we lose a game where he allows more than 3 goals. This would play along with the theme we've seen all season. Im not a fan of bob, and I'm quite disappointed with the lack of faith most posters on this board have in Driedger (not sure if he's ploughing all your girlfriends or what) but I can't argue with the evidence we've seen from Q that bob is the favored goalie, with resources available to overcome his suckyness (2 stellar "backups").

freaking hilarious, good one.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Choked? How, and when?

@ViD

I'm not sure if vid got back to you yet. You can look at Bob's playoff save percentages and see why he got a bad reputation. Much of it is unearned though

Here's an example: in 2018 vs Washington Bob had a very good 5v5 save percentage, but the club took far too many penalties. As a rule, 4v5 save percentage is lower, especially vs the Caps, so Bob's overall number is quite misleading. I watched that series and Bob was sensational at times, although he did drop the ball in the final game. Keep in mind he was facing the eventual cup winner or cup favorite in every series.

That's obviously just an argument over Bob's history, not necessarily relevant today. But FWIW he wasn't a choker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad