Who should be our Game 1 Goalie?

Who is our best option?

• Total voters

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Rebounds count for shots against, so so if you give more rebounds you are increasing the number of shots. It's self feeding. If you take out the rebound from the shot total, then the correlation all but disappear.

Rebounds and goals from rebounds cut down on shot distance and goal allowed distance.
Which is a fair point. It’s sort of a chicken or the egg scenario which is hard to isolate. I could argue that an increase in shot quantity and quality faced in the first place leads to Bob allowing more rebounds.

Either way, when taking shots against per 60 and subtracting rebounds attempts against per 60, Bob ranks 21st of 49 while Driedger ranks 35th. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that Driedger has had the better defense in front of him independent of any direct effect from the goalies themselves. Again, I chalk that up to random chance in a small sample and I think it helps explain away some (not all) of the gap in their numbers. It’s more than fair for you to interpret it however you do as well. Unfortunately, isolated goalie stats are very challenging with the data we currently have.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
This is a better team than he ever had in Cbus. But choking and money may neither be correct. Cbus fans felt he was good.

Just because Vid said so?

The general consensus was that Bob choked in the playoffs. Not saying it is necessarily right, but that was the popular take by broadcasters, pundits, hockey board discussions etc. That Tampa series was the first time people started praising his playoff performance. Before that series he had an overall bad reputation in the playoffs.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Just because Vid said so?

The general consensus was that Bob choked in the playoffs. Not saying it is necessarily right, but that was the popular take by broadcasters, pundits, hockey board discussions etc. That Tampa series was the first time people started praising his playoff performance. Before that series he had an overall bad reputation in the playoffs.
Yep I would trust a fan that watched his entire CBus career over some pundits etc.

We can all agree how often those same types of sources are correct about the Panthers lol.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Yep I would trust a fan that watched his entire CBus career over some pundits etc.

We can all agree how often those same types of sources are correct about the Panthers lol.

I mean that's opening up a can of worms considering some of the comments made from fans lol. Even of ones own team. Just look at this Panther board, and how the opinions vary.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
I’ll be honest- if Bob gets us to round 2, it’s worth the 10 mil. I’m rooting for him.

Agreed.

Judge looked really happy for him when they came together at the end of the game. They looked like they had a "moment", lol.

We need Bob to be that guy, and I'm more than sure he knows that. He looked like that guy tonight, and what happens on Monday will go a long way towards planting the seeds of confidence in his teammates, and, just as importantly, the fans, imo.

If he does this again on Monday, and then, more importantly, in game one, then it might be not just The Bolts worst nightmare, the the rest of the league, as well. Nothing more dangerous in a Cup run than a hot goalie, it changes EVERYTHING.

Reactions: JP Mick and 5 Hole

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
Bob locked up the game 1 start with his performance tonight

Maybe, just maybe, he has something unique that makes him play like a solid goalie against the bolts

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
My 2 major keys to the series:

1. Win the special teams battle
2. Bob plays well.

Man if Bob gives us just good goaltending against the Bolts, we win the series. Yes, we are going against the SC Champ Lightning, who have been a powerhouse for a long time, but we are a GOOD f’ng team too. We are one of the best teams in the league, because we are a talented, deep team. They start believing that, and we can do some damage in these playoffs, and beyond.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Great game by Bob, credit where it's due. Maybe he can get into Tampa's head? :)
As critical as I've been of him, it would be awesome if he proved us wrong in the playoffs. Cmon man, do it :)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
How many wins does Bob need to become the 2nd winningest goalie in our franchises postseason history?

2?
Well depends if play-in round is counted in postseason records?
If not, then 3 to move into all-time second place. List goes:

1. Beezer 13
  2. Lu & Theodore 2
  3. Clemmensen 1
The list stops there. Mike Vernon appeared in four games, but didn't get a single win. Also Mark Fitzpatrick appeared in two games, but he didn't record a win either.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL

1. Beezer 13
  2. Lu & Theodore 2
  3. Clemmensen 1
The list stops there. Mike Vernon appeared in four games, but didn't get a single win. Also Mark Fitzpatrick appeared in two games, but he didn't record a win either.

Those stats are terrible. One goaltender with more than 10 wins and the next highest is 2?

That really hits home how terrible this franchise has been in the playoffs.

Hopefully Bob moves into second place this year.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

1. Beezer 13
  2. Lu & Theodore 2
  3. Clemmensen 1
2020 play ins were playoffs, all stats recorded as such.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So then Bob was tied with Clemmensen at 1.
Yes last year was considered playoffs for all team and individual stats, i.e. it was the Panthers 6th playoff appearance. A lot of people are salty that 24 teams were considered to have made the post-season but I mean what are you going to do? The only unbreakable record set was Vasi's 18 playoff wins lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad