OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
What’s an Argo?
The Argonauts (/ˈɑːrɡənɔːt/; Ancient Greek: Ἀργοναῦται Argonautai) were a band of heroes in Greek mythology, who in the years before the Trojan War, around 1300 BC, accompanied Jason to Colchis in his quest to find the Golden Fleece. Their name comes from their ship, Argo, named after its builder, Argus. Jensen the nickname "Boatmen"

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
What is a CFL?
It means 'Compact fluorescent lamp" used in residential applications or commercial applications typically for replacing incandescent light bulbs. It is spiral-like in appearance and electricians refer to them as 'pig tails' in layman terms because of there appearance. It saves money on hydro bills and is really efficient.....:sarcasm:....I use to do electrical sales.....lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have tried to embrace the Argos and the CFL but it's never took.
My eldest suggested we follow the Ti Cats to give us something to watch over the summer.
We do live closer to Hamilton and the uniforms resemble The Steelers so maybe it will take.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I am. Looking forward to the 23rd. It is a long couple of weeks with nothing worth watching till the draft anyway.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It means 'Compact fluorescent lamp" used in residential applications or commercial applications typically for replacing incandescent light bulbs. It is spiral-like in appearance and electricians refer to them as 'pig tails' in layman terms because of there appearance. It saves money on hydro bills and is really efficient.....:sarcasm:....I use to do electrical sales.....lol

This is what I thought... those bulbs are the best!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
My eldest suggested we follow the Ti Cats to give us something to watch over the summer.
We do live closer to Hamilton and the uniforms resemble The Steelers so maybe it will take.

Definitely worth it! The trip into the hammer is easy and there is a great atmosphere at Tim Hortons Field. I have seasons there for a long while now and they will be s much better than the Argos this summer.

Reactions: sabremike

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Definitely worth it! The trip into the hammer is easy and there is a great atmosphere at Tim Hortons Field. I have seasons there for a long while now and they will be s much better than the Argos this summer.
We'll head down to a game in the fall. The schedule in the summer doesn't work for us, better things to do. We can Tivo those and watch late night

Reactions: robertmac43

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Other than hockey, I'm not a "sports" person in the slightest.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20190613_222738.jpg

Finally saw my first live Ticats win, now I've seen all my US/Canadian teams (Sabres, Ticats, Mets, Red Bulls, Bengals, Knicks, Forge FC) win a game in person. Staying at a hostel in Greektown and everyone was giving me props for my Cats jersey.

Reactions: kb

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
How they didn't improve the defense or kicking game either is beyond me.

Absolute embarrassment in any way shape or form. 2nd home opener Ina row we're drew a much better than average crowd and got their lunches handed to them. Makes a hard sell even harder.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
View attachment 236685

Finally saw my first live Ticats win, now I've seen all my US/Canadian teams (Sabres, Ticats, Mets, Red Bulls, Bengals, Knicks, Forge FC) win a game in person. Staying at a hostel in Greektown and everyone was giving me props for my Cats jersey.
OT but if you're near Barton go check out Sam's Queenston Bakery.

Best cannolis. Ever.

Reactions: sabremike

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
Used to sneak into Boston College games in HS to watch Doug Flutie play (BC is actually in Newton, MA where I lived and went to HS). He's easily one of the most fun football players to watch, ever. Any professional league where he can be the GOAT is A-OK with me.

Also, while on vacation in BC and Alberta 10 or 11 years ago, my wife and I were shut out of every hotel between Banff and Calgary because of a Stampeders game, which while annoying, was also kind of cool. I certainly appreciate that level of fan devotion. So, while I don't follow the league at all, a CFL game on a perfect summer night is absolutely on my sports travel bucket list.

But there's a million things I'd rather do in Toronto on a perfect summer evening than take in an Argos game.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
When they're in the Grey Cup final and its not Edmonton representing the West, then I'm a Argos fan. Drives my family nuts.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I watch CFL football and don’t have a favorite team so not bias BUT what the hell is wrong with the Argos? What a dumpster fire. I can’t believe how bad the last two games have been. 29-7 tonight for Saskatchewan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad