OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I've been a fan of James Wilder Jr. Since his days at Tampa Plant High (BIG College football fan, FSU, specifically). I've always watched the Grey Cup, but with Wilder in TO, I watched avidly last year.

JWJ is also an awesome dude. Got to meet him and he signed some of my FSU National Championship gear from the 2013 title.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I’ve always been an Argo’s fan, Although since I live in the US now watching games on TV gets to be a bit tough. Though a few games throughout the season end up in tv.

Hoping to catch a game live if i visit Toronto over the summer

Reactions: Its not your fault

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Coming off a grey cup win. Will you be more inclined to watch them next Season? Still not interested?

I've always been a fan (wearing and Argos t-shirt right now) so always watch their games. I also watch about every other CFL game that is on TV if I am home. Because of that, I can't watch any more than I already do unless I specifically stay home to watch every game that is broadcast.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Don't follow it much except when we beat the ticats (have few Hamilton friends that follow religiously)

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
My favourite thing to do when I find out that someone is from Saskatchewan is to tell them that the CFL isn't a real league.

I don't follow the CFL at all. Though the Redblacks get pretty good attention in Ottawa, it's nice to see.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I'm an Argos fan when its convenient. I find the CFL hard to watch and keep up with when there is no real competition to make the playoffs, there are too few teams.

Reactions: Cams

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Don't care for anything outside the NFL or NCAA football. I don't need a 3rd league to follow. Glad there are people out there who enjoy it, but I do hate the argument Toronto shouldn't get an NFL team because it would kill the Argo's and therefore the CFL.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I'm an Argos fan.

The CFL is the only league in all of sports I'll watch any game with any two teams.

Reactions: colchar

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Been a fan since the days when they would play to crowds in excess of 35,000 at the old CNE. Marvelous days back then.
Little sporting dollar competition and lack of internet and alternative TV options made the CFL a big deal in town.
Favourite players include: Conredge Holloway, Terry Greer, Doug Flutie and Pinball Clemons, of course.
I'll be watching on TV and hitting up a few games live, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Been a fan since the McNall, Gretzky, Candy/Rocket Ishmail are onwards.

Been a season ticket holder since they moved to BMO, a much better venue than the dome/Rogers Centre. We incresed our account from 2 to 3 seats due with new pricing.

Looking forward to June 23rd!

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Even though I actually some of the rules better than the NFL, not much a CFL fan - my team would be Winnipeg though. I'd much rather follow NFL or NCAA though, but football is way down on my list, unless you are talking making bets. :)

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I keep track to see how some of the guys I played with\against are doing, but not much further than that.

Trouble with the CFL is you really have to do a good job of marketing\presentation (which they fail at consistently). They don't have the luxury of relying on the things that truly boost the NFL's base (gambling and fantasy).

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I keep track to see how some of the guys I played with\against are doing, but not much further than that.

Trouble with the CFL is you really have to do a good job of marketing\presentation (which they fail at consistently). They don't have the luxury of relying on the things that truly boost the NFL's base (gambling and fantasy).

I think a big part of that too is how small the league is in terms of number of teams.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think a big part of that too is how small the league is in terms of number of teams.
But the problem is how many cities in Canada are there that have the population to support a team that don't already have one? The plan is for a team in the Maritimes (Halifax IIRC) but other than Quebec City where else could you put a team? The league tried putting teams in non NFL American markets and it was a disaster so that's not an option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad