OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Big come from behind, 24 points back to top the RedBlacks tonight. Maybe gives this team some sense of confidence in a very winnable east division this year.

Is Bethel-Thompson the go to guy now?

He must have had a much better game, but I watched the first quarter and the way he was playing I thought he would not have even made it to the half.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I much prefer the CFL to the NFL. The games are much more exciting.

I'm an Argos fan, although not in the same way as I'm a Leaf fan.

HC7

May 2, 2018
Argos are trash. Same level as Toronto Rock. Not trying to watch 2nd/3rd tier athletes in a 1st tier city.

Reactions: supermann_98

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Despite the baggage, it's a deep ball threat we could use. I'm sure him and Mr. Popp have some 'understandings' before this was done.

Sounds like he will not be suiting up for a couple of weeks, which is fortunate for the Ticats over the next 2 games

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Another loss. Im not sure if Trestman is all that good of a coach. Ray won them the Grey cup.
Chamblin leaving has hurt this team defensively big time.

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
The second most used phrase in Canada is "Argos Suck!"
The first is "Is the beer store still open?"

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Bumping thread as Trestman has been 'bumped' after season ends yesterday.

From surprise Grey Cup to litless 4-14 campaign.

https://www.tsn.ca/trestman-fired-by-argonauts-a-year-after-winning-grey-cup-1.1203293

Doesn't seem like him and Popp we're on the same page. Brought in Franklin and only played when veterans got hurt (Ray) and the Bethel-Thompson experiment went well past his best before date.

Brought in Carter and was barley used.

Marc had allot of personal battles he adversted through (lost father on Labour Day and both mother and wife are I'll) so wish him the best there.

Overall, I'm glad the team isn't dragging it's feet like they did after the 2016 disasterous season.

Reactions: stickty111

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Argos are trash. Same level as Toronto Rock. Not trying to watch 2nd/3rd tier athletes in a 1st tier city.
Kind of like watching the Leafs for generations, eh? You sound like you'd be a lot of fun at parties. Pass me the grey poupon s'il vous plais?

I used to love football, especially the CFL. Loved the Lions and the Argos. But over the years I have lost all interest in supporting an industry that destroys the lives of its participants. At least the CFL is local and entertaining - the NFL is, well, not to my liking.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I much prefer the CFL game to the NFL.

The worst part of following the Argos is their Jekyll and Hyde system. Seems like they do great one year, then stink the next, then win the Cup, then end up last, then....

But after fifty-odd years, I still root for them.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Argos fan here but I was turned off this season by the league wide attempt at infusing political ideology into the product.
I boycott any company that does or allows this.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Argonauts Press Conference: Bill Manning and Jim Popp

November 3, 2018

The Toronto Argonauts announced Saturday that Marc Trestman has been relieved of his duties as the team’s head coach. Bill Manning and Jim Popp meet with the media to discuss the decision.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

On Saturday, though, he was a man approaching middle age with a decision.

“Obviously, if the doctors said, ‘Hey, you have an increased risk of hurting your neck more than any other player in here,’ then there would be no way I would ever step foot on the field again,” Ray said. “If the doctor said, ‘You’re not at any increased risk,’ then I would still have to make the decision.”

Ray said he was returning to his offseason home in Redding, Calif., where he would have his follow-up appointment in December. A decision on his future would presumably be made at some point after that visit. The Argos will have decisions to make of their own, with a bumper crop of free-agent quarterbacks poised to hit the market. They could also trade for someone. They could do almost anything, really.

Ray is married, with a young family and a hand filled with Grey Cup rings. After all he has won — both his head and his injured neck will be enshrined in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame whenever he decides to retire — he was asked: Why come back at all?

“Five Grey Cups?” he said with a laugh. “Win another Grey Cup.”

He was being serious.

“There’s still a lot to play for,” he said. “If you’ve ever been on a championship team, to be able to play for that and be in the locker room and play football, it’s a very rewarding game.”

He smiled a little: “That’s what keeps us coming back.”

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Pretty ironic coming from a Leafs fan. Unless, of course, you just became a Leafs fan 2 years ago...

I used to love football, the NFL more than the CFL. The Argos were always my second favourite team after the Lions. Over the years though I have fallen out of love with football, in part due to having kids and being too busy to waste hours in front of the tv every week and partly because I lost faith in football as the kind of sport I should be supporting. With all the shenanigans (mainly from the NFL) with criminality, abuse, bad behaviour, etc, I lost interest in the players and with all the head trauma and life-long detrimental effects & shortened life spans of retired players, I felt I could no longer watch it in good faith. That said, I still eat chili on Grey Cup Sunday!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Thank you, Chamblin was my first choice all along.
Its good that he will be the defensive coordinator as well.

Reactions: Menzinger

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
[reads thread title]

I'll do you one better. Why is an Argos fan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad