OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Johnny Football will either be the starter in Hamilton, or they will trade him so he can start elsewhere. I would absolutely love to have him out here on the Lions. I think he would really be good for Argo’s attendance too.

The only team he could possibly start on would be the Montreal Alouettes. There's no chance he would unseat either of Jennings or Lulay in BC and he absolutely wouldn't have a shot in Toronto with Ray and Franklin.

In Hamilton, he's currently behind Masoli and Adams, Jr. He's got a lot of work to do to get ahead of either of those guys right now.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The only team he could possibly start on would be the Montreal Alouettes. There's no chance he would unseat either of Jennings or Lulay in BC and he absolutely wouldn't have a shot in Toronto with Ray and Franklin.

In Hamilton, he's currently behind Masoli and Adams, Jr. He's got a lot of work to do to get ahead of either of those guys right now.
He will sell tickets, while being a lot of fun to watch play. I don’t know if the league wants him holding a clipboard.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He will sell tickets, while being a lot of fun to watch play. I don’t know if the league wants him holding a clipboard.

The league has zero say in how any of their franchises deploy their personnel and Hamilton has been up front about where Manziel slots in for them and it's not as their starting quarterback.

Anybody that knows anything about the league would know that there's a pretty large learning curve to adapt to the Canadian game and there are no guarantees that Manziel will have any success here.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The league has zero say in how any of their franchises deploy their personnel and Hamilton has been up front about where Manziel slots in for them and it's not as their starting quarterback.

Anybody that knows anything about the league would know that there's a pretty larger learning curve to adapt to the Canadian game and there are no guarantees that Manziel will have any success here.
Certainly your points are valid. However, if Johnny football is committed to learning our game, and playing his best, he will be a starter (somewhere in the league) before Labour Day.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Certainly your points are valid. However, if Johnny football is committed to learning our game, and playing his best, he will be a starter (somewhere in the league) before Labour Day.

“ Learning our game”, WTF does that mean? He played at TAMU, in the SEC, do you not think he can get a grasp on the CFL?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

It's certainly possible - and Masoli has a very short history as a starter in the CFL - but there's still a lot of work Manziel has to do before it's possible.

Masoli is an excellent fit for June Jones offence, so that's working for him, but if Manziel can adapt, and learn the game quickly, and keep his nose clean, it would definitely be in Hamilton's best interest, in terms of selling tickets, to give him the ball.

Also, it would set up Hamilton to flip one of their other QB's to Montreal (likely not Adams Jr, who's already been there and was strangely traded away) and bolster their club elsewhere.

With Masoli, Manziel and Adams Jr. they have nice depth, but very little starting QB experience in the league, so it's an interesting situation to watch and a good fit for Manziel to succeed early if everything falls into place.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
“ Learning our game”, WTF does that mean? He played at TAMU, in the SEC, do you not think he can get a grasp on the CFL?
For one our games has the extra DB.
Two, the field is a lot wider, So throws to the side lines are harder.
Three, we only have three downs, so the mindset for the quarterback changes.

Reactions: colchar

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What does where he played college ball have to do with anything?

They are very different games.

The guy beat Alabama

CFL is far more horizontal than college ball.

With his feet

For one our games has the extra DB.
Two, the field is a lot wider, So throws to the side lines are harder.
Three, we only have three downs, so the mindset for the quarterback changes.

I like the CFL rules, as crazy as they are.

He’s a pretty good athlete and if he wants to play football this may be the only league for him.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
The guy beat Alabama

With his feet

Nick Marshall beat Alabama with his feet (and threw for 450 yards against them). Whoopee. Wouldn't last three weeks in the CFL.

(if Saskatchewan busts out the Marshall/Tre Mason read option offense this year I'm on the first plane to Regina).

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Nick Marshall beat Alabama with his feet (and threw for 450 yards against them). Whoopee. Wouldn't last three weeks in the CFL.

(if Saskatchewan busts out the Marshall/Tre Mason read option offense this year I'm on the first plane to Regina).

I think the chances of Nick Marshall ever playing QB in the CFL are very very low and it would require an unprecedented slew of injuries at the position for the Riders.

But, as you pointed out, he beat 'Bama so he must be an undisputed star player at the position.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Bumping this one unless someone wants to create a separate Argo season thread.

Dreadful 41-7 drubbing by the Stamps at BMO. Ricky Ray stretchered off in the 3rd with a neck injury.

Trestman says he has feelings in his extremities which is good but a good sense we saw the last of Ray on a CFL field tonight.

The bright spot of the day, they gave out replic Grey Cup rings at the shipyard, very sweet and got myself 3 of them!

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I didn't think Ray should have come back this year...he should have walked away while on top. This injury has definitely ended his career, but let's hope he is able to live a normal life with his family.

Reactions: Clark4Ever

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I heard Rogers was looking at buying the Argos, d'ya think the Leafs are going to give the Argos to JT as a gift...he is an Argo fan

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Argos finally in the win column. Franklin looked good especially on the last drive. Nice to have a decent verticle game again.

Defence bend but no break. Secondary looked like swiss cheese most of the game but a couple key takeways kept us in enough until the winning drive.

Reactions: Menzinger

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Big come from behind, 24 points back to top the RedBlacks tonight. Maybe gives this team some sense of confidence in a very winnable east division this year.

Is Bethel-Thompson the go to guy now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->