OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I'm a CFL fan for sure. I'm out on the "left" coast, and really looking forward to seeing Johnny Football. As for the Argos, I wish both them and the Lions could get more fans to games, and build excitement around the teams, like they have on the prairie cities.

Reactions: colchar

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I was "trying " to alleviate your confusion. Perhaps it's not the standings but your understanding of the word "greatest"?

See post #27, you are an NFL fan, why do you care? The Saskatchewan Roughriders are the greatest team in the CFL, you don't care about or follow the CFL, sounds like you're trolling at this point.

Thanks anyway.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
NFL fans tend to have an inferiority complex, so many of them feel the need to try and belittle a league they apparently don't care about and often scoff. If they don't care then why do so many of them bother to disparage the CFL?
How so? The CFL isn't on their radar.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
How so? The CFL isn't on their radar.

On account of the fact that so many NFL fans that I know will constantly cut down, try to insult and generally be very nasty towards the CFL. Why would they feel so compelled to be so negative towards it if it wasn't "on their radar"? If the league was so bad why do they have the need to be so mean towards it? Inferiority complex is a logical, albeit not definite, conclusion.

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I try to get into it every year but generally struggle to. I might catch a few games a year and I'll tune into the Grey Cup if the Argos are playing.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I have seasons but barely went the last couple of years since the schedule was garbage due to the stadium renovations + TFC being the primary tenan. Now that its better I'll show up more often.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
NFL fans tend to have an inferiority complex, so many of them feel the need to try and belittle a league they apparently don't care about and often scoff. If they don't care then why do so many of them bother to disparage the CFL?

As a fan of major league sports including the NFL, I can just say I get annoyed when the CFL takes up space on highlights pakages or talk radio. Like a pesky fly I just want to shoo it away.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
"including the NFL"....

L.

O.

L.

you could have stopped there....bluejays are wicked too!

giphy.gif

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I used to go watch the Argos when I lived in TO, but after living in SEC country for over 20 yrs I can’t stand football now. Super Bowl included.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I'm a CFL fan for sure. I'm out on the "left" coast, and really looking forward to seeing Johnny Football. As for the Argos, I wish both them and the Lions could get more fans to games, and build excitement around the teams, like they have on the prairie cities.

There's a very good chance he's third on their depth chart, so the wait to see him might be a long one.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
On account of the fact that so many NFL fans that I know will constantly cut down, try to insult and generally be very nasty towards the CFL.

I've watched CFL games with NFL fans who proclaimed that a play unfolded as it did because the players are so drastically inferior to NFL players that they aren't capable of doing the basics. When watching an NFL game later in the week and virtually the exact same play unfolded in the exact same way, they claimed that it was because NFL players are the ultimate physical specimens and are far superior to other athletes. All I could do was shake my head.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
There's a very good chance he's third on their depth chart, so the wait to see him might be a long one.
Johnny Football will either be the starter in Hamilton, or they will trade him so he can start elsewhere. I would absolutely love to have him out here on the Lions. I think he would really be good for Argo’s attendance too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad