OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Yeah, a major overhaul is needed. That game last night was embarrassing. Worst performance I've ever seen from the Argos.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Yeah, a major overhaul is needed. That game last night was embarrassing. Worst performance I've ever seen from the Argos.
I turned it on and it was 34 to 0. I won't watch if the team doesn't even try.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The Argos were on life support when they moved to BMO Field, and barely drew decent crowds after winning a championship.

Without a competitive team, they have no chance of being relevant in this market. I hope they can turn things around soon.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Popp out as GM

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-argonauts-release-gm-jim-popp-from-his-duties-1.1378143

His contract was up after this year so it won't affect the cap. 6-26 since winning the Grey Cup and have been terrible at all three phases of the game for a long time.

Major announcement is at 11 am EST. Leading rumour is Pinball Clemons will be appointed president and will look after the rebuild on and off the field.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Popp out as GM

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-argonauts-release-gm-jim-popp-from-his-duties-1.1378143

His contract was up after this year so it won't affect the cap. 6-26 since winning the Grey Cup and have been terrible at all three phases of the game for a long time.

Major announcement is at 11 am EST. Leading rumour is Pinball Clemons will be appointed president and will look after the rebuild on and off the field.
This was coming.

Step in the right direction.

Reactions: KapG

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Pinball is the Toronto Argos.

I have very little interest in the Argos, but Pinball's capacity alone with the organization will make me follow the team more than I otherwise would.

Reactions: KapG

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Though I'm glad Pinball will be more involved, I think the bigger news is having John Murphy as his right hand man.

Pinball has the credibility in the market, Murphy has the experience Clemons lacks.

Chamblin is dead man walking IMO.

Reactions: Menzinger

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Loved Pinball from the first time I saw him play.

Isn't it a CFL rule that the Argos are great one year, and stink the next?

As to the general question, I'm an Argos fan, but more of a huge CFL fan. The Canadian game is so much better than the American version.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
If the Argos make the grey cup and my Eskimos dont I root for them. Cant root for BC Calgary Sask WPG. I just cant.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Jason and the Argonauts were Greek, so you're doing fine.

Ray Harryhausen's stop animation, particularly the skeletons, was great.

lol, Sunday afternoon movies were the best.
That one, Sinbad, Tarzan some ones over and over every weekend.
Never see these movies listed anymore.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
lol, Sunday afternoon movies were the best.
That one, Sinbad, Tarzan some ones over and over every weekend.
Never see these movies listed anymore.
Agreed. I actually managed to watch Jason and the Argonauts a couple of years ago (YouTube?). Stop animation from 60 years ago can't compare to current CGI, but in a lot of ways the movies were more entertaining.

I find that, often, the better the special effects get, and the more they are used, the weaker the plot and characters are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad