OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I am since 65
But an even bigger fan of the CFL
Awesome game
Growing up in the Hammer and being a Aarrrrrggooooooo fan wasn’t fun but very lively and had to keep up on my street fighting skills at old Ivor Wynn stadium
Oskee Wee wee

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON

Decisive and kept in the background until done.

Can't go back to Corey after a 4-14 season where he was outcoached in many and misused so many challenges along the way.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Would have given Chamblin one more season, but once Pinball was added, he was on tough ground, Don't know anything about Dinwiddle.
Nice to see our former coach Milanovich hired by Edmonton.

Reactions: Menzinger

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
I don't know what's plaguing the Argos, but Toronto Wolfpack (Rugby League) are averaging 9000 per game, and I suspect they'll see a jump now that Toronto has been promoted to super league.

Argos should take a look at what Wolfpack h lave done.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

An introductory press conference for Toronto’s newest head coach will take place in the Argos press conference room at BMO Field tomorrow Friday, December 13th at 11:00 a.m.

All media are asked to enter through Gate 5 and arrive no later than 10:45 a.m.

Dinwiddie, 39, has been the quarterbacks coach for the Calgary Stampeders the past four seasons (2016-2019) and has been instrumental in developing Bo-Levi Mitchell into a two-time CFL Most Outstanding Player under his tutelage. Under Dinwiddie, Mitchell led the league in touchdown passes twice and finished in the top three in passing yards three out of the four years including leading the league in 2016. The California native also helped Calgary QB Nick Arbuckle blossom into a potential future starting pivot after being pressed into service once Mitchell went down in 2019, throwing for over 2,000 yards and 11 touchdowns in nine games. With Dinwiddie guiding the signal-callers, the Stamps reached the Grey Cup three years in a row (2016-2018), hoisting the trophy 2018.

“Ryan is one of the top young coaching minds in the CFL right now and we welcome him to the MLSE family,” said team President Bill Manning. “We believe he will set the example to establish the type of culture we need for the Argos to be successful.”

Previous to his time in Calgary, Dinwiddie coached in Montreal for three years (2013-2015) in various capacities, including offensive co-coordinator, quarterbacks, offensive quality control and running backs coach. As running backs coach for the Als in 2015, the team led the East in rushing and helped Tyrell Sutton win the league’s rushing crown.

“His exhaustive passion to prepare to win makes him a priority in setting our new culture,” said Argos General Manager Michael Clemons. “The former CFL QB is the son of a coach, smart and hard working with a winning pedigree.”

The former quarterback played five seasons in the CFL, three with Winnipeg (2006-2008) and two with Saskatchewan (2010-2011). Coincidentally, the QB’s first ever CFL start came in Toronto at SkyDome during the 2007 Grey Cup vs Saskatchewan when he was a member of the Bombers. Dinwiddie played college football at Boise State where he is widely considered to be the best quarterback in Broncos history after a record setting career there.

“I am thrilled and honoured to be part of such a historic organization and I am extremely grateful for the opportunity,” said new head coach Ryan Dinwiddie. “Winning Grey Cups are the ultimate goal and I can’t wait to get started.”

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Would have given Chamblin one more season, but once Pinball was added, he was on tough ground, Don't know anything about Dinwiddle.
Nice to see our former coach Milanovich hired by Edmonton.

Dinwiddie was a QB in CFL, I believe he played for Winnipeg and Montreal. The past couple years he has been the QB coach in Calgary, so he has never been a coordinator.

Reactions: stickty111

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I don't know what's plaguing the Argos, but Toronto Wolfpack (Rugby League) are averaging 9000 per game, and I suspect they'll see a jump now that Toronto has been promoted to super league.

Argos should take a look at what Wolfpack h lave done.

Yeah they've done a good job marketing to the 18-35 crowd, and more importantly they beat the crap out of everyone. If the Argos were consistently good they'd draw OK.

I go to a bunch of Wolfpack games but I honestly don't think the gameday experience is anything special.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

General manager Michael 'Pinball' Clemons and president Bill Manning introduce Ryan Dinwiddie as the new head coach of the Toronto Argonauts.

Sean Bowen goes 1-on-1 with new Argonauts head coach Ryan Dinwiddie

Last edited:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Agent: Blue Bombers QB Nichols ‘upset’ over Collaros re-signing priority - TSN.ca
Foster said Winnipeg head coach Mike O’Shea reached out directly to Nichols to inform him of the direction the club was going. Meanwhile, Foster said he has yet to hear from Winnipeg general manger Kyle Walters.

While the Bombers may be interested in bringing back both quarterbacks, the economics of doing so may be prohibitive. A source said Winnipeg’s opening offer to Collaros was for $350,000 in hard money, plus playtime incentives.

“Frankly, I don’t know if they can (bring both back),” said Foster. “Matt would love to continue playing there but you wonder when they want to talk to the other gentleman first.”

Collaros began last season with the Saskatchewan Roughriders but suffered a concussion during the very first series of the season. He was traded to Toronto in late July but never dressed for the Argos who dealt him to Winnipeg in October, where he suited up for one regular season and three playoff games, all Blue Bomber victories, including the franchise's first Grey Cup win in 29 years.

Winnipeg’s third quarterback, Chris Streveler, also a pending free agent, has multiple workouts scheduled with NFL teams.

There are two CFL teams currently unsettled at starting quarterback – Toronto and Ottawa. Ottawa traded earlier this month for the rights to former Calgary backup Nick Arbuckle, a pending free agent, who visited Ottawa this week. Paul LaPolice, who was Winnipeg’s offensive co-ordinator the past four season, is now head coach in Ottawa.

Toronto is also looking to add to its quarterback stable, with four of its five quarterbacks from last season pending free agents.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
My guess is there is going to be more pain for Argos fans next season. Still many big pieces away from contending.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

TORONTO – The Toronto Argonauts announced today the club has traded a conditional 2020 eighth round draft pick to Montreal in exchange for the playing rights to Canadian LB Bo Lokombo.

Lokombo, 29, played 15 games for Montreal last season, recording 51 defensive tackles, eight special teams tackles, two interceptions and one forced fumble for the Als. The 6’2, 225-pound LB is an original third round draft choice of the B.C. Lions in 2013 but chose to return to the University of Oregon for his senior season. In four seasons with the Leos (2014-2016, 2018), the native of the Democratic Republic of the Congo played 61 games and tallied 104 defensive tackles, 60 special teams tackles and five sacks while being named a 2015 West Division All-Star after leading the CFL in ST tackles with 24. Lokombo spent 2017 on the practice squads of the Baltimore Ravens, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.

The former Oregon Duck played four seasons (2010-2013) at the Pac-12 school where over the course of 53 games he racked up 171 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, seven sacks, five interceptions for 137 yards and two touchdowns while adding four forced fumbles. After a BCS National Championship loss as a freshman, Lokombo helped his team win three straight bowl games in his final three years, capturing the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl and Alamo Bowl, respectively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->