OT: Who is An Argos Fan?

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Not sure leaving the Dome was the best idea ever

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
You guys a great day of free agency. Really upgraded the Canadians on your roster

Ackie- will compete at WLB
Shorthill- will compete at WLB
Foote- Rotate at DT
Brescacin- gonna start at SB
Colquhoun- could start at CB
Bladek- will probably start at LG
Blake- will probably start at centre

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Toronto and Ottawa have both dramatically improved their teams, the East will be very competitive next season.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
CFL needs to move back INTO the dome and out of the driving November rain

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Argos player facing two counts of attempted homicide in Pittsburgh shooting - Sportsnet.ca

Pittsburgh police have issued an arrest warrant for a Toronto Argonauts player.

Linebacker Jeffrey Ali Knox Jr., 28, is facing several charges, including two counts of attempted homicide, two counts of aggravated assault and reckless endangerment of another person.

Cara Cruz, deputy public information officer for Pittsburgh Public Safety, says the charges stem from a shooting in the city on the night of Oct. 23.

The warrant was issued on Friday.

The Pittsburgh Public Safety media entry for the incident says two males were transported in stable but serious condition to area hospitals with gunshot wounds.

The Argos said Sunday that they are "well aware of the charges'' and "take these matters seriously,'' but have not yet determined how to proceed.

"Each member of the organization fully understands the moral expectation and obligation that comes with the privilege of representing the Toronto Argonauts,'' the team said. "At the same time, the club respects each person's right to a fair process."

"In this case, the Toronto Argonauts will not determine any potential team related consequences until the club has conducted all due diligence in this matter.''

Knox, from Verona, Pa., has played five seasons in the Canadian Football League with Saskatchewan, Toronto and Ottawa.

The CFL is not playing this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Elx-OI3-WX0-AA2c3-E.jpg

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Glad they're going back to the boat logo. Should have never parted with it in the first place IMO.

I like the double blue and moving away from the brown boat. Shield logo will still be the secondary look

Reactions: ktownhockey

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I dont mind the boat.

I'm really just hoping there's some sort of season this year; it was sadly missed this summer

I couldn't agree more as I really missed it. I found myself recording all of the old games TSN was showing. I still have about half a dozen recorded that I haven't watched yet.

Reactions: Menzinger

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
I think the Argos need sustained success to build any momentum in the market. This team is the king of going on a miracle Grey Cup winning run every 5 years and being completely irrelevant the other 4. I am hoping people will be stir crazy after Covid and will be looking to try new things that get them out of the house.

People I talk to say the games are boring and they always lose. Yet these same people have no issues watching terrible Blue Jays teams who often put on a boring display. This leads me to one of three conclusions. People are sheep and the constant barrage by Sportsnet advertising games is working. Baseball is family friendly compared to the CFL. The CFL is not the top league in the world and casual football fans in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal treat it as such.

As someone who played Canadian University football, I can tell you my biggest pet peeve is listening to casual football fans talk about how awful CFL players are compared to the NFL.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I think the Argos need sustained success to build any momentum in the market. This team is the king of going on a miracle Grey Cup winning run every 5 years and being completely irrelevant the other 4. I am hoping people will be stir crazy after Covid and will be looking to try new things that get them out of the house.

People I talk to say the games are boring and they always lose. Yet these same people have no issues watching terrible Blue Jays teams who often put on a boring display. This leads me to one of three conclusions. People are sheep and the constant barrage by Sportsnet advertising games is working. Baseball is family friendly compared to the CFL. The CFL is not the top league in the world and casual football fans in Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal treat it as such.

As someone who played Canadian University football, I can tell you my biggest pet peeve is listening to casual football fans talk about how awful CFL players are compared to the NFL.

:thumbu: :thumbu: :thumbu:

It ain't just casual fans, some fans of the National Felons League can be downright obnoxious about it.

LEAFSANDBILLSFAN

May 3, 2020
:thumbu: :thumbu: :thumbu:

It ain't just casual fans, some fans of the National Felons League can be downright obnoxious about it.

From my experience 99% of NFL fans are casual fans who usually like the NHL, Premier League, and NBA more but realize it's trendy to follow the NFL. I just love football in general.

Reactions: Jeffrey Pedler

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I'm a pretty hard core CFL fan. Part of that brings an overall love and appreciation all things football.

I've learned that 80% or more of NFL "fans" are actually Fantasy Football fans. They can tell you about stats, and other FF crap, but ask them about football strategy, or anything specific to the game (and not FF).....silence.

NFL = Fantasy Football Fans
CFL = Football Fans

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Argonauts, QB Matt Nichols not close on restructured deal - TSN.ca

All of the starting quarterbacks around the Canadian Football League are working through contract restructures or negotiations, and most appear to be solved or headed towards an amicable resolution. But that’s not the case with the Toronto Argonauts and Matt Nichols.

Argos Vice President, Player Personnel John Murphy presented Nichols with an offer in early December. That offer was for a drastic reduction in hard money of close to 40 per cent. More importantly, the deal offers no signing bonus.

Nichols has two years remaining on his current contract and is due to make $345,000 in hard money in 2021 and is due a $220,000 signing bonus February 1st. With incentives, his deal could reach $555,000.

All of the QBs who have currently restructured their contracts have signing bonuses that range between $150,000 and $375,000. In many cases, off-season roster bonuses were converted to signing bonuses, which offer greater tax benefits to American players.

Nichols’ camp sent a counter-offer to the Argos which was declined and since then there have been no further negotiations, but the expectation is the two sides will revisit the issue later this month, with CFL free agency set to begin February 9th.

Nichols clearly wants to remain with the Argos, and is willing to take a pay cut to do so, but given the market conditions, it would be hard to justify accepting a deal with no signing bonus.

Reactions: ktownhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad