Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I've been advocating trading Del Zotto for a very long time.

Right now, if we're transitioning to a place where Moore and McDonagh see most of our PP time, this would be the time before his value drops because he isn't accumulating points from being force-fed power play time as he has in the past.

If MDZ was traded for Buff, he is the new PP point man. solves that problem, although Moore looked good against Washington.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
with cally down, theres even more incentive now to add some pieces. no nash, cally or hags makes this a very difficult team to watch.

delzaster is definitely in play- hes a lefty. big buf makes sense as a big r handed shot- dude has a cannon. he def. makes the pp better and gives us someone who will demand respect from the point. his offensive numbers are hard to ignore. plus hes got good size as well.

having his shot up top on the pp would change the look of this team. a working, pp goes along way to making us more dangerous.

if we can make the numbers work- hes a 5/26 guy, i like this potential swap. i agree, this would probably be the end to the girardi era as well.

as i have been saying, del zotto still has value. he s the perfect "change of scenery" guy. if we wait too long, his value will drop.

big buf addresses a host of needs for us now and in the future.

Agreed.

I just hope that if they don't see Girardi as being here long-term, they move him for some sort of return.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Is there a huge drop off from Pyatt to Powe? I'm not seeing much of one.

No, theres not. And thats just it. This "depth" everyone was talking about are either borderline NHL players that contribute next to nothing, or young players with some upside that simply aren't NHL ready. Thats not depth - its a bunch of names.

2-3 injuries has decimated the team. Hell, even when 100% healthy, this roster has major issues in the middle of the lineup.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
getting Buff would finally provide the PP point shot we have lacked for years and years.

Would love to get Kane as well, but that's a pipe dream.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If MDZ was traded for Buff, he is the new PP point man. solves that problem, although Moore looked good against Washington.

When the whole team is firing away on the power play, it opens up other possibilities. Too long we were waiting for the killer pass so the PK was able to cheat in the lanes, not expecting someone to just shoot and hunt for rebounds. Now that we are shooting, defenders will have to commit more to the shooting lanes, which in turn should open up better passing opportunities.

Frequently something unexpected is what helps a power play. Cally's backhand passes, ect. Throws a wrench in the equation.

If NYR want Kane, they would have to offer McDonagh or Stepan.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

if buf comes here, he owns the pp point.

hes got a 100+ shot and its heavy. he keeps it low and on net. think lots of deflections and juicy rebounds. and he can bring it off the pass big time.

hes a shooter and we need that.

really, hes just the polar opposite of delzaster in every way.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
When the whole team is firing away on the power play, it opens up other possibilities. Too long we were waiting for the killer pass so the PK was able to cheat in the lanes, not expecting someone to just shoot and hunt for rebounds. Now that we are shooting, defenders will have to commit more to the lanes, which in turn should open up better passing opportunities.

Frequently something unexpected is what helps a power play. Cally's backhand passes, ect. Throws a wrench in the equation.

If NYR want Kane, they would have to offer McDonagh or Stepan.

Agreed. Buff would add a whole other dimension to the PP. Unique player and he would look playing with Staal as his partner.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

hes got a 100+ shot and its heavy. he keeps it low and on net. think lots of deflections and juicy rebounds. and he can bring it off the pass big time.

Yep. His only issue is that he is a bit slow and sloppy in his own end.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Del Zotto is more like a poor mans Enstrom.

A lot of power plays match the big gun with a more mobile passer of the puck. Thing is, MDZ isn't anything really special, and doesn't do much that Stralman or Moore couldn't do.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
I was wrong about Zucc. He will be back in Europe soon. When Hagelin comes back Zucc is just not good enough for top 6. Nobody in the NHL will claim him either

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Del Zotto is more like a poor mans Enstrom.

A lot of power plays match the big gun with a more mobile passer of the puck. Thing is, MDZ isn't anything really special, and doesn't do much that Stralman or Moore couldn't do.

and see thats what ive been saying all along. mdz just doesnt do enough of what hes supposed to do... if you get my drift.

hes an "offensive guy" who cant skate, cant really shoot and doesnt play the pp well. his bone head plays seem to negate his good work more often than not.

hes a good passer and an adequate defender. problem is, stralzie and moore both do more with their minutes.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
It makes sense for the Rangers to move MDZ. Although, if they know Staal won't re-sign here...

I think it'd be a red flag for Winnipeg if Staal came up in conversation. Del Zotto is more valuable than people on this board give him credit for. He was absolutely fantastic when Staal was out and he was able to play on his natural side, but it's clear he doesn't have a spot here.

Byfuglien is a very good, and unique player. I'd like to add him at the right price, but trading Staal for him, or Girardi for him, makes this team weaker, IMO. The old dig one hole to fill another bit. He's great offensively, brings a physical presence, but he's an average defender and has issues with consistency.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think it'd be a red flag for Winnipeg if Staal came up in conversation. Del Zotto is more valuable than people on this board give him credit for. He was absolutely fantastic when Staal was out and he was able to play on his natural side, but it's clear he doesn't have a spot here.

Byfuglien is a very good, and unique player. I'd like to add him at the right price, but trading Staal for him, or Girardi for him, makes this team weaker, IMO. The old dig one hole to fill another bit. He's great offensively, brings a physical presence, but he's an average defender and has issues with consistency.

I agree with you. Just continuing the conversation

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
We need a smart trade right now. A scorer and or a physical presence.

Buff is a good move.

Lets get Krieder, Miller, and Kristo in full time

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
We need a smart trade right now. A scorer and or a physical presence.

Buff is a good move.

Lets get Krieder, Miller, and Kristo in full time

They need another offensively creative player and a true offensive defenseman. Buff fills one of those holes.

Punxrocknyc19*

Only players on the Jets id like would be Stuart, Scheifele, Trouba. Enstrom, Ladd and Kane.. I doubt those would be available..

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Kristo is not remotely close to ready for the NHL. He'll need at least the full year in the AHL.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Kristo is not remotely close to ready for the NHL. He'll need at least the full year in the AHL.

Thank you.

I am pretty sick of people continually saying "I'd also prefer Kristo over Pyatt" with zero evidence to back it up other than pining for some sort of change, no matter how stupid.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
What players could the NYR realistically move?

Imo ... MDZ, Girardi, Stralman...

Boyle, Poilout, Pyatt...

Maybe package a prospect for a more established player...

I like Hagelin but he can't finish. ..

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Who are good trading partners for the NYR?

Who has offensive talent to spare and need defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad