Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Apparently, Ray Shero was present in Washington for their game versus the Rangers. It could be nothing or it could be something. Usually GM's doesn't really go to other team's games, especially if your own team is not involved, so there might be a trade brewing here. Impossible to say if it's between Pens and Washington or Pens and Rangers though, but I'd guess the latter considering how we've been playing lately. It just seems to add up, with our play and the waiving of Biron and Asham, that a trade is in the makings. In total there were scouts from 15 different teams present at the Rangers - Washington game.

Scouting for Team USA.

Anderss

Oct 17, 2013
yuck, no thanks. I just don't think he fits our team concept very well.

Go get me Evander Kane.

Besides, Byuf has way too high of a cap hit...and we gotta re-sign quite a few guys this coming offseason.

Id be interested in trading Dan Girardi.

Love the guy, he's a damn good defenseman, but you have to wonder how many more miles the guy has on his body.

I feel like you could get a stud prospect for him, or more.

I'd just wait till McIlrath is really ready.

Granted, our depth falls off the face of the planet after that.

Trade zucc to Winnipeg, is the sort of team he should have signed for in the first place, NY Rangers is a originale 6 club and expectations are so much higher here. My guess is zucc is gone within a month or so.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Cally's injury buys zuke some more games I reckon, but I still think Kreider is coming up soon.

So he'll likely Get some of zuke's ice time..

I can see zuke's ice time getting cut down to like 9-12 Mins pr game soon..

Anderss

Oct 17, 2013
Cally's injury buys zuke some more games I reckon, but I still think Kreider is coming up soon.

So he'll likely Get some of zuke's ice time..

I can see zuke's ice time getting cut down to like 9-12 Mins pr game soon..

Last chance against the Devils maybe? He needs some points there in order to maintain 15 mins average per game.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
A little birdie told me that the Rangers are doing some serious tire kicking on Dustin Byfuglien. Winnipeg is a mess. There could be a match here.

Big Buff , Kane, Postma/Redmond for Girardi, Del Zotto, Kreider

Go big or go home.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
Last chance against the Devils maybe? He needs some points there in order to maintain 15 mins average per game.

Shouldn't they rather be showcasing Zuke a bit if the plan was to trade him? If they really wanted to get someting in return, he should get some minutes the coming games? Don't have that many other offensive alternatives for some weeks anyway, and at least so far he has been pretty solid defensively. At some point someone must be able to score some goals from his passes.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think we are at a point where we make the trade that improves us the most to be honest.

I think we can assume that some guys are valued so much in the locker-room, probably including weighting that value in relation to their value on the market, that they probably wouldn't get moved. Girardi for example. Callahan no-matter-what.

But I mean, I think it quite obvious that we got a bad log-jam at LD. Staal, McD, MDZ AND Moore. This isn't the World Cup in LDs... If we are dealing one LD, I much rather deal McD/Staal for PK Subban than DZ for a piece that don't make us better.

The more we give up, the more we will get back. One can assume atleast.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
A little birdie told me that the Rangers are doing some serious tire kicking on Dustin Byfuglien. Winnipeg is a mess. There could be a match here.

That would be intriguing. He would pair up well with one of the Rangers defensive d-men. I am worried about what they would trade for him...

Any clues?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

It makes sense in theory. Rangers need a legitimate offensive threat from the back-end, and Winnipeg is loaded with right-handed, offensive-minded defenders. Would have to think Del Zotto is going the other way, especially considering the Jets have a need for a lefty 2nd pairing defender. The real trick is making the money work. That's a big cap-hit to absorb right now. Also think that it would mean the end of Girardi this summer.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It makes sense in theory. Rangers need a legitimate offensive threat from the back-end, and Winnipeg is loaded with right-handed, offensive-minded defenders. Would have to think Del Zotto is going the other way, especially considering the Jets have a need for a lefty 2nd pairing defender. The real trick is making the money work. That's a big cap-hit to absorb right now. Also think that it would mean the end of Girardi this summer.

That would be my thoughts as well.

Maybe they are looking to move Girardi as well. Move MDZ for Buff and Girardi for forward help?

The team needs a shake-up and they need to get more skill somehow.

dccuse

Oct 5, 2006
New York City

Maybe they are looking to move Girardi as well. Move MDZ for Buff and Girardi for forward help?

winnipeg also could use some bottom 6th depth - maybe a pyatt/boyle/pouliot type added in with a DZ to make the cap hit work for dustin...

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Pouliot is not going, he is a much better fit on this team than Pyatt. His skating is exceptional, he just needs to simplify his game.

Pyatt is on my last nerve, here. Horrible pker. Fedotenko would be more useful at this point.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

Efforting more detail but this makes a lot of sense. Issue will be matching payroll.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I am a big Buff fan, but I think here he fits more as a forward than as a blueliner. Of course, the versatility is useful. Could be a net mouth presence or point man on the power play.

He is a very unique player, and I would be pleased to have him.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

I think that might be too much of a shake up. The team played well in Washington. Exchanging Buff for DZ allows us to roll a very solid defensive group for the rest of the year, barring injury of course. Once the team gets healthy, it should be solid enough up front that we could wait until the deadline to try and rent some help up front if necessary.

McD-Girardi
Staal-Buff
Moore-Stralman
Falk

That's a heck of a defensive group.

Hags - Step - Nash
Richie - Brass - Cally
Pouliot - Miller - Zucc
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
(Assuming Pyatt goes with DZ to balance salary in a Byfuglien trade)

The 3rd line is a question mark, but if healthy, the top-six is pretty solid.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
What right do we have to talk about jettisoning players?

Look at the situation 2-3 injuries has put this team in. Where are all the guys that were beating their chest about how much depth this organization has?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Look at the situation 2-3 injuries has put this team in. Where are all the guys that were beating their chest about how much depth this organization has?

I've been advocating trading Del Zotto for a very long time.

Right now, if we're transitioning to a place where Moore and McDonagh see most of our PP time, this would be the time before his value drops because he isn't accumulating points from being force-fed power play time as he has in the past.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Pouliot is not going, he is a much better fit on this team than Pyatt. His skating is exceptional, he just needs to simplify his game.

Pyatt is on my last nerve, here. Horrible pker. Fedotenko would be more useful at this point.

I mentioned Pyatt to WPG in the off-season. They play a very heavy game up front with all of their size and strength. I actually think he would fit in well there.

Efforting more detail but this makes a lot of sense. Issue will be matching payroll.

Pyatt going the other way would make some sense.

I am a big Buff fan, but I think here he fits more as a forward than as a blueliner. Of course, the versatility is useful. Could be a net mouth presence or point man on the power play.

He is a very unique player, and I would be pleased to have him.

Yep, my only gripe is his weight issue but he is a unique player for sure.

I think that might be too much of a shake up. The team played well in Washington. Exchanging Buff for DZ allows us to roll a very solid defensive group for the rest of the year, barring injury of course. Once the team gets healthy, it should be solid enough up front that we could wait until the deadline to try and rent some help up front if necessary.

McD-Girardi
Staal-Buff
Moore-Stralman
Falk

That's a heck of a defensive group.

Hags - Step - Nash
Richie - Brass - Cally
Pouliot - Miller - Zucc
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
(Assuming Pyatt goes with DZ to balance salary in a Byfuglien trade)

The 3rd line is a question mark, but if healthy, the top-six is pretty solid.

I was just thinking that Girardi hasn't looked like he is going to fit in this system as well as he did the last.

Is there a huge drop off from Pyatt to Powe? I'm not seeing much of one.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
with cally down, theres even more incentive now to add some pieces. no nash, cally or hags makes this a very difficult team to watch.

delzaster is definitely in play- hes a lefty. big buf makes sense as a big r handed shot- dude has a cannon. he def. makes the pp better and gives us someone who will demand respect from the point. his offensive numbers are hard to ignore. plus hes got good size as well.

having his shot up top on the pp would change the look of this team. a working, pp goes along way to making us more dangerous.

if we can make the numbers work- hes a 5/26 guy, i like this potential swap. i agree, this would probably be the end to the girardi era as well.

as i have been saying, del zotto still has value. he s the perfect "change of scenery" guy. if we wait too long, his value will drop.

big buf addresses a host of needs for us now and in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad