Speculation: Who Goes First/Speculation/Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't be surprised if we hear heatley rumors soon.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
As crazy as it sounds I wouldn't be surprised if we hear heatley rumors soon.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I would be super pissed...

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I would be super pissed...

But doesn't that sound like a ranger move? Heatley for mdz with other pieces moving too

Garv23

Jan 27, 2007
Rockland, NY
I would love the Rangers to somehow get a player like Chris Stewart of St. Louis. Power forward, can chip in dirty goals and will stick up for teammates. I honestly don't care who we'd give up.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
I was gunna make this post in the free agent page but since I'm new it won't let me. What about Girardi for Vanek straight up? Both pending free agents and will shake up things on both sides

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I was gunna make this post in the free agent page but since I'm new it won't let me. What about Girardi for Vanek straight up? Both pending free agents and will shake up things on both sides

Not sure I see the point. If the Rangers move Girardi, I would hope they could get back a couple of pieces who would be around for a while.

Punxrocknyc19*

id love if a Girardi for Foligno type deal would happen

Rangers need some grit size in the top 6. other teams have that, why cant the Rangers

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Playing with Spezza and Alfredsson helped.

Heatley will be a rental to a competing team, in all likelihood. I would not move for him until the deadline and for only a marginal fee, if we are in a position to do so.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
i would honestly

dump zucc pouliot pyatt and when the team is healthy try to trade MDZ and a pick or prospect for Simmonds. IMO a line up that looks like this

richards Brassard callahan

hagelin steps nash

kreider/ fast miller Simmonds

moore boyle dorsett

Mcd girardi
staal moore
stralman McI/allen

hank
whoever

would be a heck of a lot harder to play against. plus a player like simmonds would bring a tremendous amount of experience and toughness while tutoring those kids. when you add a player of his caliber the guys seem to play just a little bigger and with a little more snarl. Plus the line up has great balance. excellent mix of youth and vets, however i fear that if we do get a wayne type girardi will have to be the one that is shipped out. that would be a tough pill to swallow considering such a warrior he has been. cap reasons as well. im just day dreaming, flame away!!!:yo::yo:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
i forgot

to add that of those top 9, all of the players would be plugged into a different role in case the line become stagnant. cally and simmonds play a similar game, steps brass and richie are the finesse, nash is the stud, hags, miller, and kreider all have skill and wheels. the balance of speed, grit, and skill along the top 9 along with the ability and grinding style with shutdown possibility of the 4th line makes this team tough to play against. Plus this line up has more size and grit. i believe the PP would increase production because now simmonds and cally both park in front of the net, both possess good hands, both block shots, kill pens, play pp. sky is the limit.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Are you running out of ideas? Heatley? The Rangers can't afford the $7.5M cap hit. Even if they could,Heatley sucks. Minnesota was going to buy him out but the player was injured. Some people may think Del Zotto is garbage but he's worth more than an overpriced salary dump.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If we're going for scoring forwards on their last year, I would look at Squid or the Austrian long before Heater.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Pouliot is the type of guy that a team with an existing solid roster brings in for depth. From the beginning, Pouliot was going to be depended upon to produce here, likely in a top 6 role. Thats unfair to him considering his sketchy past, and is setting him up for failure.

More importantly, when is the last time one of these "low risk" signings actually worked out for the Rangers (especially at forward)? It actually takes legwork to find those type of gems that produce something -- Sather doesn't have the time for that

Pouliot was signed to be a 3rd line offensive forward, which means he is counted on the score about once every 5-6 games. Were about to play game 7, so maybe he's on a little slump right now. Hagelin is hurt, as we knew he would be, and at first, they didn't play any of the kids in the top-6. He was never intended to play in those roles. It's no surprise he doesn't look good trying.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Pouliot was signed to be a 3rd line offensive forward, which means he is counted on the score about once every 5-6 games. Were about to play game 7, so maybe he's on a little slump right now. Hagelin is hurt, as we knew he would be, and at first, they didn't play any of the kids in the top-6. He was never intended to play in those roles. It's no surprise he doesn't look good trying.

Whatever his role was intended to be, and Im not even sure management is sure, why do we have to import journeymen year after year after year? When is the organization going to draft and develop these 3rd line fixtures? The current strategy is not working.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Teams don't make trades until Thanksgiving. 20%-25% of the season has been played and teams have a better understanding of where their team stands. 1/3 of the teams are using long-term IR. 4 teams have less than $1M in space. 4 more teams have less than $1.5M. More than 1/2 of the league is capped out. Boston and Detroit are using the bonus cushion with Iginla and Alfredsson.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Whatever his role was intended to be, and Im not even sure management is sure, why do we have to import journeymen year after year after year? When is the organization going to draft and develop these 3rd line fixtures? The current strategy is not working.

Management is absolutely sure. He was signed for $1.3m for one year on the first day of free agency. UFAs intended for top 6 roles get more than that.

I think the organization feels we have players like that coming, but didn't want to count on them being ready just yet. Kristo, Hrivik, Lindberg and to some extent Miller.

Bardof425*

What right do we have to talk about jettisoning players?

Look at the situation 2-3 injuries has put this team in. Where are all the guys that were beating their chest about how much depth this organization has?

To be fair, we should play some games before determining that the injuries have put us in a terrible spot.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Almost all teams would be in a similar situation if they lost 3 of their top 6 forwards. Take away Kane Toews Sharp or Crosby Neal Kunitz etc...it's a huge drop off

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Chicago loses Stallberg in free agency. They needed to trade Frolik and Bolland for cap reasons. They're playing Brandon Pirri,Joakim Nordstrom and Ben Smith as replacements. The first two are on entry level deals. Smith has a $562,500 cap hit. Their combined cap hits are $1.8M or somewhere in that range. Shaw is on an ELC too at $577,500. The Rangers have Boyle at $1.7M. Pouliot at $1.3M. Moore at $1M. Pyatt at $1.55M. Dorsett at $1,633,333. That's over $7M. No wonder why the Rangers can't afford a decent scorer because they're paying their bottom six guys more money than they should. Even Zuccarello at $1.15M. Nash goes down with an injury and they are screwed. There is no one else. The cap is $64.3M and the Rangers have $8M tied up in players which should make up their bottom six with everyone else healthy. All of them have cap hits of over $1M. Maybe 2 or 3 but not all of them.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Chicago loses Stallberg in free agency. They needed to trade Frolik and Bolland for cap reasons. They're playing Brandon Pirri,Joakim Nordstrom and Ben Smith as replacements. The first two are on entry level deals. Smith has a $562,500 cap hit. Their combined cap hits are $1.8M or somewhere in that range. Shaw is on an ELC too at $577,500. The Rangers have Boyle at $1.7M. Pouliot at $1.3M. Moore at $1M. Pyatt at $1.55M. Dorsett at $1,633,333. That's over $7M. No wonder why the Rangers can't afford a decent scorer because they're paying their bottom six guys more money than they should. Even Zuccarello at $1.15M. Nash goes down with an injury and they are screwed. There is no one else. The cap is $64.3M and the Rangers have $8M tied up in players which should make up their bottom six with everyone else healthy. All of them have cap hits of over $1M. Maybe 2 or 3 but not all of them.

im hoping for the best this yr but reality tells me they need to let the UFAs walk and look to deal the during the yr if possible

Callahan is the heart and soul of this team so he should be resigned. Nash, Hagelin, Brassard, Stepan, Dorsett ( yes he is included they like him) are locks. So that's 6

He may be too young but I think Miller will eventually stick........pray Kreider does.........Hopefully Lindberg and Fast stick.............bottom line is these young kids with lower cap hits need to replace the Boyle, Pouliott, Pyatt, Zuccarellos on the roster. Moore may stay for cheap but if not oh well.

Richards will be bought out regardless because of the cap

and of course get the right UFAs in here. need a top 6 winger as a UFA

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Management is absolutely sure. He was signed for $1.3m for one year on the first day of free agency. UFAs intended for top 6 roles get more than that.

I think the organization feels we have players like that coming, but didn't want to count on them being ready just yet. Kristo, Hrivik, Lindberg and to some extent Miller.

They learned their lesson when Kreider felt he deserved a spot with only a few goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->