• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Byfield being younger means that LA can afford to let him develop another year in the minors while the current crop of prospects can adjust to the NHL game ( you DON'T want too many rookies all at once no matter the talent level ).

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I will never understand why think people who live thousands of miles from the actual franchise in question think they know better or are more connected than the folks who cover the team 365 days a year who are local. It is wishful thinking to the extreme. It's common freaking sense. Well, Marco Sturm is GERMAN. What does that have to do with the price in tea in China?

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
"But there’s a strong sense they take him at 2 IF he’s still available. There’s a belief some play-in teams have Stutzle & Byfield at 1"

No way in H-E-double hockey stick Stutzle goes #1 over Laf. WTF is that guy smoking. Maybe just peddling a bunch of BS for attention. Laf is going #1 -- end of story. Now #2 and on is TBD.
So funny he says "IF" Stutzle is there at #2 in CAPS. lol

Reactions: KINGS17

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I will never understand why think people who live thousands of miles from the actual franchise in question think they know better or are more connected than the folks who cover the team 365 days a year who are local. It is wishful thinking to the extreme. It's common freaking sense. Well, Marco Sturm is GERMAN. What does that have to do with the price in tea in China?

Especially when they ignore the franchise 360 days a year.

Going back thru some of his tweets he was ALSO just as sure that the Kings were trading for Sam Gagner and that we're shitty fans that didn't boo bettman so I'm going to take anything this schmuck says about LA with a heaping tablespoon of caution

He's got about as much credibility as the Ottawa media who pretended they had been following every game of Drew Doughty's career.

Im cherry picking here but hahahahaha

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
With the Kings having drafted Constantin Braun in the past, it’s guaranteed they’ll be selecting Stutzle this year.

And with the track record of having goaltenders with Japanese heritage, from Jamie Storr to Yutaka Fukufuji (plus having employed Dusty Imoo), I’m all but certain that the Kings will also be drafting a Japanese goalie.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
With the Kings having drafted Constantin Braun in the past, it’s guaranteed they’ll be selecting Stutzle this year.

And with the track record of having goaltenders with Japanese heritage, from Jamie Storr to Yutaka Fukufuji (plus having employed Dusty Imoo), I’m all but certain that the Kings will also be drafting a Japanese goalie.

are there any slovenian kids in the draft?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Here’s his follow up. I’m sure some radio personality in Ottawa who is a self proclaimed Sens homer is more connected than any reporter out there.

False. He's not a Sens homer. He's from Edmonton. He is well connected in hockey and CFL and doesn't make stuff up. Whether or not the info he received is accurate is yet to be seen. But he wouldn't lie.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
nobody is saying they will pick him just because Sturm is German. It's 2020, you don't have to live in LA to have connections and information about the Kings and who they may be interested in. It's not just AJ who is relaying this info either.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Who else is relaying this information?
I believe Mark Edwards from Hockey Prospect said the same thing and a poster on our boards spoke directly with a teammate of Stutzle's who believes the same thing.

And I'm not trying to troll your board or anything for the record. I'd rather have Byfield but don't care if we get Stutzle either. Not like we can control it.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Ottawa fan... Would prefer Stutzle, would be happy with Byfield. Sort of happy we don’t have to be the one to choose.

AJ is a good guy, and has legit contacts in Europe, but the 4 or so people might not even have the sway to select Stutzle at #2. He’s just relaying what he’s hearing.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Ottawa fan... Would prefer Stutzle, would be happy with Byfield. Sort of happy we don’t have to be the one to choose.

AJ is a good guy, and has legit contacts in Europe, but the 4 or so people might not even have the sway to select Stutzle at #2. He’s just relaying what he’s hearing.

Welcome. I'm in a similar boat as you, but the opposite in terms of favorability. Maybe we both win in October and get what we want. The problem some of us have with the "sources" is that it plays up the German factor way too much. Stutzle purportedly celebrating the night of the draft lottery results? Combine this with the fact that nobody here in LA is saying Stutzle currently, where the team and brain-trust actually is located. The whole idea that the Kings would actually leak to folks in Europe and/or promise to Stutzle (thus the celebration right?) is the guy at #2 overall 4 months ahead of the draft AND LA connected sources not get a sniff about it? I'm not buying that and for good reason for the sole fact that logically it's a ridiculous leap. We're still months out, unless the bubble bursts quickly and things get moved up. No f'ing way the Kings knew Stutzle was their guy at the end of June which is what he's been touting. The sentiment immediately in LA was Byfield by connected reporters. If we were also hearing Stutzle out in LA at the time or even now, that would be different. But that's not what's happening here. At least not yet.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
False. He's not a Sens homer. He's from Edmonton. He is well connected in hockey and CFL and doesn't make stuff up. Whether or not the info he received is accurate is yet to be seen. But he wouldn't lie.

I don't think he's a liar and he seems like a good follow, but he's also been 100% wrong about anything Kings on his timeline, lol.

I also don't think anyone is saying he's wrong about Kings doing diligence on Stutzle but I think people are reading WAY too hard into what is now also outdated information (given lottery results).

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Welcome. I'm in a similar boat as you, but the opposite in terms of favorability. Maybe we both win in October and get what we want. The problem some of us have with the "sources" is that it plays up the German factor way too much. Stutzle purportedly celebrating the night of the draft lottery results? Combine this with the fact that nobody here in LA is saying Stutzle currently, where the team and brain-trust actually is located. The whole idea that the Kings would actually leak to folks in Europe and/or promise to Stutzle (thus the celebration right?) is the guy at #2 overall 4 months ahead of the draft AND LA connected sources not get a sniff about it? I'm not buying that and for good reason for the sole fact that logically it's a ridiculous leap. We're still months out, unless the bubble bursts quickly and things get moved up. No f'ing way the Kings knew Stutzle was their guy at the end of June which is what he's been touting. The sentiment immediately in LA was Byfield by connected reporters. If we were also hearing Stutzle out in LA at the time or even now, that would be different. But that's not what's happening here. At least not yet.

If anything, Stutzle is an AEG operative due to Uncle Phil and is a plant to sabotage the draft! :sarcasm:

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I believe Mark Edwards from Hockey Prospect said the same thing and a poster on our boards spoke directly with a teammate of Stutzle's who believes the same thing.

And I'm not trying to troll your board or anything for the record. I'd rather have Byfield but don't care if we get Stutzle either. Not like we can control it.

And just to be very clear you're good, man. We appreciate the discussion and outside viewpoint, believe me. I'm as guilty as anyone of being pro-Byfield in here though I think like you guys most of us would be happy with any of the mostly-consensus top-3. Sort of kindred spirits in this draft. We're all just trying to make sense of it and they're all really really close.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I know listening to interviews right before the draft Stützle was talking about possibly getting drafted by Ottawa Detroit or LA. He mentioned nothing about Detroit at all which I thought was funny. He commented how Ottawa had a good team, then he went on to name numerous prospects on LA that he knew and would be excited to play with.

He went on to say how she would be very excited to play for LA and then mentioned it would be good to play for auto as well. To me it almost seemed that Stützle was hoping to get drafted by LA. He didn’t say anything about LA talking to him.

who knows.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I know listening to interviews right before the draft Stützle was talking about possibly getting drafted by Ottawa Detroit or LA. He mentioned nothing about Detroit at all which I thought was funny. He commented how Ottawa had a good team, then he went on to name numerous prospects on LA that he knew and would be excited to play with.

He went on to say how she would be very excited to play for LA and then mentioned it would be good to play for auto as well. To me it almost seemed that Stützle was hoping to get drafted by LA. He didn’t say anything about LA talking to him.

who knows.

I know it's hard to fathom, but a lot of these kids grew up thinking the Kings are pretty dang good and only just recently fell onto hard times. Byfield also spoke very highly of the Kings organization the morning of the draft lottery and sounds pretty pumped about the possibility of playing in LA. Now they can be part of the turnaround to greatness!

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I would say if the Kings were open to dealing #2 for Ottawa #3, make it #2 + #35 overall for Ottawa #3 and #21 overall. Move back 1, 2-3 and move the 35 up to Ottawa's #21 overall they own from the Isles. Move up 14 spots from 35 to 21 overall may be worth it, if the Kings are 50-50ish on Byfield / Stutzle.

I’m thinking something similar but if LA knows it wants Stutzle and they know Ottawa can wait for Byfield. #2 and #35 for #3 and Erik Brannstrom, their top LHD prospect. We finally get a top LHD (one more developed than one we could get in the draft this year) and we get our man.

Ottawa can trade their top two seconds (including LA’s) and their late first and move up in the first, maybe 10-15 OA, pick Askarov. Then they have their 1C prospect Byfield, a local Ontario boy I believe, their 1 RHD in Drysdale at 5 probably, and their 1G in Askarov, to go with their 1W in Tkachuk and their 1LHD in Chabot.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

who knows.

WE've got good character leaders from around the world on our squad, it's nuts. Plus as @cyclones22 points out, these guys were becoming teens when we won our second cup, and our org. infrastructure was bonkers by that point. WE have a good rep and still have three of the best of the decade on our squad. There's a lot worse you can do than come to LA.

Turcotte seems to be like the most popular prospect in the world haha, it's unreal how affable that guy is to everyone. Can easily see why he's destined to wear a letter with the off-ice friendships on on-ice dickishness and high level of play with peers.

Reactions: funky

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
So would this board have a meltdown for the ages if Blake and the gang selected Stutzle. Man I know I've been going back and forth but it would be very interesting if we did select Stutzle.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
So would this board have a meltdown for the ages if Blake and the gang selected Stutzle. Man I know I've been going back and forth but it would be very interesting if we did select Stutzle.
Yes, but whoever they pick you really wont be able to question their reasoning as this will be the the most heavily scrutinized draft class in history with an additional 6 months to review prospects. They'll have their reasons for the pick and they will have devoted months of analysis to that one pick so can you really be upset when youve watched a 15 minute highlight reel of the other prospect and prefer them instead

Reactions: atalowe

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

I don't think so. Stutzle at #2 isn't like picking Hickey at #4. Now if they took say, Drysdale at #2, then I won't fault anyone for being pissed off.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I’d be disappointed but I’d understand it. I think most of the pro Byfield fans would feel the same. I’m one of those that thinks Byfield is closer to #1 than #3 so for me it’s a very clear decision and I’d probably pout for a day or two but there’d be no meltdown.

Reactions: ru4reals

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004

I think a majority of people want QB but wont be upset if the kings think their guy is Stutzle

Reactions: ru4reals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad