Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I know listening to interviews right before the draft Stützle was talking about possibly getting drafted by Ottawa Detroit or LA. He mentioned nothing about Detroit at all which I thought was funny. He commented how Ottawa had a good team, then he went on to name numerous prospects on LA that he knew and would be excited to play with.

He went on to say how she would be very excited to play for LA and then mentioned it would be good to play for auto as well. To me it almost seemed that Stützle was hoping to get drafted by LA. He didn’t say anything about LA talking to him.

who knows.

From what I know Stutzle is an Oilers fan because he likes watching Draisaitl and McDavid. So my assumption is he's way more familiar with the western teams and probably has watched a good amount of LA games when they play the Oilers. He's probably more excited to have the chance to play on the west coast to face his fellow countryman.

Reactions: funky

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
I only heard Stützle saying in an interview, that it would be cool if the Red Wings draft him ("because of Mo"; Moritz Seider) or LA Kings because of Sturm.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So would this board have a meltdown for the ages if Blake and the gang selected Stutzle. Man I know I've been going back and forth but it would be very interesting if we did select Stutzle.

I’d be disappointed but I’d understand it. I think most of the pro Byfield fans would feel the same. I’m one of those that thinks Byfield is closer to #1 than #3 so for me it’s a very clear decision and I’d probably pout for a day or two but there’d be no meltdown.

I'd personally be a bitch about it for a few days, but I trust our department at this stage. If they feel Stutzle is the better pick, so be it.

But in the resources WE have access to, I just personally cannot see much of a case for Stutzle over Byfield. I think Byfield is closer to Laf than Stutzle is to Byfield.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'd personally be a bitch about it for a few days, but I trust our department at this stage. If they feel Stutzle is the better pick, so be it.

But in the resources WE have access to, I just personally cannot see much of a case for Stutzle over Byfield. I think Byfield is closer to Laf than Stutzle is to Byfield.
As with most young prospects, I am going to be in a wait and see posture. I like you believe Byfield has the higher ceiling.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
As with most young prospects, I am going to be in a wait and see posture. I like you believe Byfield has the higher ceiling.

I still just feel that Byfield is way lower risk than he's being made out to be and has a massive history of excellence and draft pedigree, and I feel like Stutzle is a lot riskier than he's made out to be. I still maintain that if Lafreniere didn't exist people would be pumping Byfield's tires to the high heavens as #1 instead of a "flawed #2"

And I know I'm being really stubborn and dug in about it at this point.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I still just feel that Byfield is way lower risk than he's being made out to be and has a massive history of excellence and draft pedigree, and I feel like Stutzle is a lot riskier than he's made out to be. I still maintain that if Lafreniere didn't exist people would be pumping Byfield's tires to the high heavens as #1 instead of a "flawed #2"

I don't think Byfield is high risk either. At a minimum I see Byfield as a very solid 2C in the NHL.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
had a laugh at this in the byfield thread "This thread is hilarious. Imagine a team picking at #2. Well we’ve got this 17 year old 6’4 centre who scored nearly 2.00ppg in the OHL... BUT he was invisible in a tourney dominated by 19 year olds, so let’s go with someone else "

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019
In Lisa Dillman's mailbag this week. Sounds like LA has begun to look at the 2nd overall this week. Specifically, he was asked about interviewing Byfield, which has now happened for all the Sens fans trying to make it a definitive qualifier.

This further pushes that all these rumors we have heard before really don't amount to anything.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

Completely with you on every point :nod:

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Just hoping we pick Byfield. With all the teams leaning to small skilled Dman we should stay with a few big skilled forwards that can drive the net.

what hope do those small guys have when we can send line after line if guys like Byfield, Vilardi , Kopitar to wear them down.

now Ottawa in the other hand easily has a shot of drafting the trio of German forwards and still look good doing it. Man they can do Stutzle, Peterka, Reichel and Drysdale before our second pick. They will have a nasty future if ownership improves.

Detroit and the Perfetti rumors just seem right. That kid improves his skating a bit he will be ridiculous.

no matter what happens I believe the friggin Ducks get a gift in Raymond. I have Stutzle/ Raymond tied as my 3rd best prospect. I think he is undervalued. Love watching him skate.

hope Columbus gets the 1st. Just feel for that team loosing all their starts and then showing up and working their bits off instead of rolling over.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
In Lisa Dillman's mailbag this week. Sounds like LA has begun to look at the 2nd overall this week. Specifically, he was asked about interviewing Byfield, which has now happened for all the Sens fans trying to make it a definitive qualifier.

This further pushes that all these rumors we have heard before really don't amount to anything.

That's the sound of a thousand jimmies rustling.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Just hoping we pick Byfield. With all the teams leaning to small skilled Dman we should stay with a few big skilled forwards that can drive the net.

what hope do those small guys have when we can send line after line if guys like Byfield, Vilardi , Kopitar to wear them down.

no matter what happens I believe the friggin Ducks get a gift in Raymond. I have Stutzle/ Raymond tied as my 3rd best prospect. I think he is undervalued. Love watching him skate.

hope Columbus gets the 1st. Just feel for that team loosing all their starts and then showing up and working their bits off instead of rolling over.

Byfield's my guy at 2, but hell, I liked Raymond at 3. I really hope he doesn't drop to the Ducks.

That's the sound of a thousand jimmies rustling.

I never saw the big deal anyway. Explain to me why anyone, 4 months out would do their homework on 7 chapters worth of players before finding out where you are actually slotted? Oh, I only have to do more homework on 2 players now instead of 7? And I can focus on the later rounds, which are super important since I've got 6 out of the top 77 picks? It's nitpicking for the sake of just being angry about something.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
It’s important to know what cereal a prospect prefers to eat, as it says a lot about their character. Also, steer clear of anyone who puts their milk in the bowl before the cereal. That’s reason enough to get rid of Cal Petersen. Can’t have undisciplined headcases polluting the locker room with that nonsense.

In all fairness, it's a bit sacrilege to put milk in before the cereal.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
If you haven’t, you should listen to the Kings if the Podcast July 7, 20 episode.

It is a great interview in which Blake sheds light on many different questions we have as fans from The letting go of different people in the organization, to what people do within the organization, to what direction they are heading and why he waited an extra year before retooling the team. He also gives some insight into both by field and Stützle

One of the better Blake interviews I have heard

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
If you haven’t, you should listen to the Kings if the Podcast July 7, 20 episode.

It is a great interview in which Blake sheds light on many different questions we have as fans from The letting go of different people in the organization, to what people do within the organization, to what direction they are heading and why he waited an extra year before retooling the team. He also gives some insight into both by field and Stützle

One of the better Blake interviews I have heard

Their interview with Futa was excellent as well.

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
Put me down for someone who believes that we will draft QB at the #2 spot if that is where we end up drafting (I am starting to here that we will definitely be trying to swap to 3oa with Ott but then nothing too solid about it yet. I did here from an Ott scout that they are going to be trying to move up and are going to be willing to move some real value to do so. That could end up meaning that they want to get up to #1 but again, just talk now. I asked if there was any league rumors about Stutzle being seen as more valuable than QB in general among the NHL scouts and he told me that they are a coin toss. After talking with Laidlaw he said that he felt that Raymond or even Drysdale could go at #3 from what he has heard. Should be a fun day. If I hear anything with any substance behind it I will post it but as of now I still think it is anyones guess. IF we draft at #2 I can't see us passing up on QB as much as I would want us to do so.

Laffy
QB
Stutzle
Rossi
Drysdale
Raymond
Perfetti
Askarov
Holtz
Sandy
etc

I guess that would be my final though it has a couple of reaches.

I believe that we will take Neighbors with our #35 pick. I don't see Wallinder still being there and Poirier has a couple of issues imo.

The Lukeman

Opinionated
Apr 7, 2019

"There’s a belief some play-in teams have Stutzle & Byfield at 1."

I don't trust his sources. The tweet he is replying to has merit. His sources made claims several weeks ago that LA has decided to go with Stutzle despite Mark Yannetti and Rob Blake saying they haven't started work on the 2nd pick until this past week (after this 2nd series of tweets). He claims that Marco Strum has a lot of weight in drafting, but every interview with Mike Futa and Mark Yannetti disprove that. Also look at the draft table in 2019, he doesn't even have a seat there. He claims that several play in teams have Stutzle or Byfield over Lafreniere. This is a massive claim and does nothing but get attention. Great he has sources. How credible are those sources? They already have been proven wrong about LA stuff, why would we give it credibility?

Again, LA has finally begun looking at the 2nd overall pick this week. There are no valid rumors to which player LA will choose. LA could very well end up with Stutzle as their choice. They could end up with Byfield. Heck, there's a possibility that it's someone else like Raymond. We just don't know. The only thing we know is that LA is looking at 2 players, and that they have started to look at that pick this week. I think we just have to wait and see until a source that has history and credibility on LA or NHL drafting says something, OR AJ is able to get someone else in the industry to support his source. There is a reason no one else in the nhl is not talking about this.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I never understand these locals who suddenly inexplicably act like they're the most connected on a completely random team/concern.

This would be like Josh Cooper suddenly having intel that Raymond to Detroit is a done deal if he doesn't get picked by a team ranking him #1-2 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad