Who do you want Jack Hughes to play for?

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
You know who has benefited from Arizona having a team? The Leafs. Do you think Matthews would have had as much access to hockey programs without an NHL franchise exposing him to the sport.
That's a stretch. there are plenty of youth camps and programs in areas. If that was a criteria then we would hardly see the euro players playing in the nhl that weren't from major khl cities. Yes that isn't the case.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
That's a stretch. there are plenty of youth camps and programs in areas. If that was a criteria then we would hardly see the euro players playing in the nhl that weren't from major khl cities. Yes that isn't the case.
Do you think those youth camps and programs were there before the Coyotes?

ChelisChiliBar

Feb 26, 2018
red-wings-logojpg-a10c15183e8375c9.jpg

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011

Matthews attributes his interest in hockey to attending Coyotes games with his uncle. You'd very likely not have him without the existence of the franchise, whatever their failings may be.

Reactions: nucks88

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You know who has benefited from Arizona having a team? The Leafs. Do you think Matthews would have had as much access to hockey programs without an NHL franchise exposing him to the sport.
Do you know what team has donated the most $ to keeping Arizona alive for the past 22 years? The Leafs.

Reactions: KyleSeaBass

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
1. Red Wings...because we didn't TANK, like (Pitt w/Lemieux & Co.) or just suck for a decade Chi. Also b/c I'm a Wings fan

2. Isles...they need some help, their fans deserve something after Milbury's years of ineptitude & not a lot of luck in the draft lottery

3. Rangers...Big Market, rebuilding, American star

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Hope hockey God will send him to the Isles so their fans can get over JT walking out for nothing and there is a good chance as Isles will end up somewhere in bottom 6 (with Sens, Wings, Habs, Rags, & maybe Arizona/Canucks) after trading away a few UFA in late January. He also has shown good chemistry with Isles top prospect Wahlstrom in college already over the past year and will have a good coach to help him to succeed.

If not, then hope he goes to Canucks because his brother is already drafted by that team.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Fair enough boys you make solid points. Although I still think it sucks subsidizing a franchise you guys do seem to have me beat with matty haha.
Matthews attributes his interest in hockey to attending Coyotes games with his uncle. You'd very likely not have him without the existence of the franchise, whatever their failings may be.

Reactions: AD1066

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Hope hockey God will send him to the Isles so their fans can get over JT walking out for nothing and there is a good chance as Isles will end up somewhere in bottom 6 (with Sens, Wings, Habs, Rags, & maybe Arizona/Canucks) after trading away a few UFA in late January. He also has shown good chemistry with Isles top prospect Wahlstrom in college already over the past year and will have a good coach to help him to succeed.

I am pretty sure that JT will secretly pray for this to happen too so he can feel better when it comes to any concerns he may still have with some of his close friends who is still on the Isles team.

If not Isles, then hope he goes to Canucks because his brother is already drafted by that team.

Other teams that may be good for Hughes to land on is:
Oilers, Avs (via Sens), and Sabres as he will have elite forwards to play with plus shielding him and can have higher chance for better development and success.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
As a fan of the team that drafted his brother, I would like to see him play for the New York Rangers. The Rangers are a great market with a lack of star power right now. Oilers vs Rangers matches would be fun to watch.

I'd like my team to select Kaapo Kakko, a Peter Forsberg-esque player, instead. I think Kakko and Elias Pettersson would be an unbelievable combo, especially along the boards. Kakko is on pace to have the best 17-year-old season in Liiga since Alexander Barkov in 2012-13. Barkov holds the points record for his age group in Liiga.
Sounds good to me.

Don't care who gets Hughes but I'd love Canucks to pick Kakko.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Wings, 100%.

If not them, Avs. Just because they’d be a ton of fun to watch.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Has to be the Canucks - they have never ever had a #1 pick in franchise history. Worst luck at the lottery the last couple of years.

Horrible luck as a franchise: Lost in the finals in 82. Heartbreaking 3-2 loss with 2 posts in the last 2 minutes against the Rangers in game 7 in 94. Cloutier meltdown in 03 playoffs against the wild while up 3-1 in series. Finally ready to make a run at the cup! Bertuzzi suspended for the playoffs, lose to flames in game 7 overtime, flames go all the way to game 7 of cup final.

Great Canucks team led by Sedins can’t get past Chicago juggernaut. Win President’s trophy, finally get passed Chicago, make it all the way to Cup final, but half the roster is decimated by injuries, Canucks lose to the Bruins in game 7. Following year President’s trophy again, Keith elbows and concusses Daniel Sedin who is now out for the first round of the playoffs. Jonathan Quick goes into God Mode & Canucks lose to the Kings in a hard fought series, Kings steam roll everyone and win the cup. It’s depressing being a Canucks fan :(. We deserve J. Hughes.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
The league as a whole would benefit from him playing in Pittsburgh. A budding star under the tutelage of some proven winners is a recipe for success for everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad