Who do you want Jack Hughes to play for?

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Go ahead and look at the major players that won them their 4 cups from when they were the dead things to now. Take a look at where they were picked too. The second part is especially imoportant.

Where was Yzerman picked? Look at all those players they get in that draft. That draft changed the team. They sucked for a long time and finally did gret in the draft and then they did a great job for 20+ years but they sucked their way to getting Yzerman and the players in that draft, saying they didn't just boggles my mind. Why is that a big deal to you?

KyleSeaBass

Oct 5, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Hopefully Buffalo so he can bust alongside Dahlin.

Imagine back to back first overalls busting on the same team.

Oh wait, we dont! We've already seen that with the Oilers in RNH and Yakapov.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
The Leafs
You need to be a team missing the playoff to have a shot to land him unless you got one from another team (like Avs from Sens in the trade) - not seeing Leafs get that at all unless they suffer some key injuries. It will have to be teams that most likely will missed the playoffs this year and there are a few teams with a roster line-up that fit that mode right. Most of the trades for major hockey trade involved a 1st rounder may comes with lottery draft protection condition in a very strong draft year as even Hughes is not the only good centre that will be draft eligible this year. The TML this year will be a buyer not seller at the deadline so it is more likely that they will be move out draft picks not the other way around.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Since he will become a winger I hope he gets to play with some fun C. Maybe Islanders with Barzal. That would be a nifty all guns blazing line.

Reactions: sabremike

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Minnesota because I mind Minnesota's culture is to have good American hockey stars that went the college route. Seems to be a good fit that way for them. NYR would be an honourable mention.

Darkhorse might be Vancouver in the sense that his brother is with the Canucks. But I think brothers on the same team is starting to get overrated.

Reactions: Paul Maurice

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Where was Yzerman picked? Look at all those players they get in that draft. That draft changed the team. They sucked for a long time and finally did gret in the draft and then they did a great job for 20+ years but they sucked their way to getting Yzerman and the players in that draft, saying they didn't just boggles my mind. Why is that a big deal to you?
Have you looked at the players they got in that draft? Only two of those players were on a Wings SC team and one of them didn't even play in the playoffs. The draft that really changed the team was six years later when they got Lidstrom Fedorov and Konstantinov. And that was followed up by adding more key players in the next three drafts

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

You’re using one 4th overall pick nearly 15 years before their first cup win of the era to say they sucked their way to the top.

Read that sentence a few more times and hopefully you’ll see how bad your argument is.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
The team that can never have him... :sens

The team that kind of deserves a #1OA and could really, really use him... :coyotes

Best for the marketing of the NHL in the US... :rangers

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad