Who do you want Jack Hughes to play for?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
They still sucked their way to the to top. They also kept it going for the 2nd? longest playoff streak so full credit, but they still sucked their way to the top. You said that they didn't do that, but they did.

Go ahead and look at the major players that won them their 4 cups from when they were the dead things to now. Take a look at where they were picked too. The second part is especially imoportant.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Arizona deserves him.

They really do, a true franchise player that is a star in this league could be this kid. I really hope they land him.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
This will sound crazy but I want Montreal. Similar to baseball, I like when the Red Sox/Yankees/Cubs/Dodgers are good and interesting. Do I hate the Habs? Yes. But I want a rivalry and I want to see a great fanbase get rewarded too.

1. Montreal
2. Canucks- They have gotten bad luck at lotteries and this would be amazing. Still, with Petterson, Boeser and more in the pipeline they should be good
3. Islanders/Wings/Rangers

31. Oilers. They received the greatest bounty of draft picks ever and they should not be eligible. I feel bad for their fans and McJesus but enough is enough. You got the best player since Sid.

Funny enough, we think alike. I always lamented for how bad the Leafs were years ago because it just... fizzled out our rivalry. Ironically, I find myself now more inclined to actually watch their games. I'm a sucker for upstart, young teams and with how embarrassing Montreal is being run, it's just... hard to watch Hab games. Didn't help I lost so much passion for the team after Subban was dealt and Pacioretty took over.

Anywho!

Vancouver is a top choice for me. A little bias since they are among my teams, but it'd be nice to see the Canucks will a lottery for since. They haven't drafted that high, ever.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
My favourite team. Not just Hughes either. I want all the good players to play for my favourite team, and all the bad players to play for the other teams. The absolute worst players should play for the historically closest rivals.

Was that the answer you were looking for?

Reactions: Legionnaire

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
As a fan of the team that drafted his brother, I would like to see him play for the New York Rangers. The Rangers are a great market with a lack of star power right now. Oilers vs Rangers matches would be fun to watch.

I'd like my team to select Kaapo Kakko, a Peter Forsberg-esque player, instead. I think Kakko and Elias Pettersson would be an unbelievable combo, especially along the boards. Kakko is on pace to have the best 17-year-old season in Liiga since Alexander Barkov in 2012-13. Barkov holds the points record for his age group in Liiga.

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
My favourite team. Not just Hughes either. I want all the good players to play for my favourite team, and all the bad players to play for the other teams. The absolute worst players should play for the historically closest rivals.

Was that the answer you were looking for?

It is the correct answer. f*** being magnanimous.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Montreal. We need a star talent up front like that.

I want to see Montreal have a real rivalry with the Bruins and Leafs again through playoff match-ups.
Your totally getting a 1OV voucher for draft after Hughes be patient

hambone1818

Feb 6, 2009
North 'Merica
Arizona. Of the dumpster fire teams the past decade they're the only ones to miss out on one of the generational-type players and haven't had a #1OA pick. They've had a solid rebuild without it and I'd love to see them with some more talent. The other 'contenders' have all had fairly recent success or at least a long franchise track record of success.

Not Edmonton. They don't deserve another top-flight talent.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Arizona deserves him.

They really do, a true franchise player that is a star in this league could be this kid. I really hope they land him.
What do they deserve? They just don't care about hockey. They are lucky to even have a team still. The NBA and NFL would have moved a franchise like that years ago.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
As a Rangers fan- Arizona. I’ll be happy with Kakko anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad