Proposal: Who do you want as the head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Deboer would be nice since he knows and is a huge fan of Kadri

I think it'll be babcock though...just weird he hasn't re-signed

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
I think it'll be Babcock. He has an ego and wants to prove that he's the best. And if you win in Toronto, then you are the best.

Also, he is a pretty good coach.

Durkin67

Habs fan coming in peace. Who are the best available coaches?

Eakins---coached the Marlies
Deboer---long history with Spott
Boucher---should be coaching in the NHL
Tortorella---this would be a gong show

Who else?

Torts. Nobody else is going to square up to Kessel without taking a backward step.

Durkin67

I think it'll be Babcock. He has an ego and wants to prove that he's the best. And if you win in Toronto, then you are the best.

If Im Babcock and I can pick my team, it sure as hell isn't this gong show where the inmates have been running the asylum for too long.

The Leafs would have to DOUBLE the offer for Babcock. If Im Babcock Im saying give me the same contract you gave Kessel so he knows who the boss is.

I am hoping that Kessel actually demands a trade at this point. Heatley 2.0 and nothing more.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I've made my feelings on this known . Toronto has been this "we need to have the superstar GM, and the superstar Coach and everything will be fine." and that's simply not true.

look at everyone available including CHL/AHL people then make the decision.

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
Lets get Torts for pure entertainment value. If he wins great, if he fails it will be spectacular.

#JadedLeafFan

Jeebs

Oct 26, 2011
Stick with Horachek until the off-season, there will be more options then.

If Babcock becomes available and he will sign here, it's pretty much a no-brainer.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I have to say getting rid of carlyle was a mistake. Like we all had evidence: His team almost never lost this season (record 21-16 speaks for it self.)

But, I do want Babcock here next season. He has won it all and only has the biggest challenge in his hands. After Shanahan being one of the capos, he could get babcock playing for us. Winning in toronto is the biggest challenge in hockey world. All world.

If Babcock can't be had, I want Tortorella to come screaming for these monkeys like Phaneuf and Kessel. Only Kadri has LEARNED something. He was STUPID in the beginning, now look at him. Has learned a lot he has. DeBoer would fail in toronto, I can already see that happening. Tortorella would be entertainment and that's sports at its best. Toronto Maple Leafs is entertainment at its best. Keep it like that. But please bring in a coach who can win with the players he's dealt.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
My top 3 candidates, in order:

1. Mike Babcock

Love how his teams are coached. Love seeing Detroit players being prepared so well with working along the boards. Their breakouts from their zones are a thing of beauty as well. He's a winner and one of, if not, the best coach in the NHL.

2. John Tortorella

No one teaches defense, and team Defense, better than John Tortorella. He truly cares about his players and, sure, he's been in the spotlight a bunch of times for the wrong reason, but he's a proven winner, and an excellent coach. He'll be great to develop our young D-men.

3. Dale Hunter

Loved his coaching style in Washington. He's got his brother working for us and will be a great hire to develop our young players.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

If he wins in Toronto without a doubt in my mind he would be the best. He would accomplish something that no one has come close to doing for half a century. No one can turn this team around. No one!:)

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Has anybody considered Marc Crawford? Considering his previous relationship with Nonis.
Personally I think the plan is to ride Horacheck and Spott till seasons end and then evaluate. I've heard Shanny and Babcock butt heads a lot too, hopefully Babcock is the man. I personally do not like Deboer.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Probably been asked before but will we be adding another guy for behind the bench?

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I vote DeBoer simply because he was making Devils go places with almost nothing.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I voted Torts because he will teach defense and will get Kessel and the other guys off of their high horse.

leafstilldeath*

If we can't get babcock then

DeBoer Or Hunter

everybody else is CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad