Proposal: Who do you want as the head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I'll take Paul Maclean out of that dumpster fire.

A Jack Adams winner for a completely mediocre team with far less talent than the Leafs. The guy was fired for no other reason than being a scape goat for their awful team. He's twice the coach Carlyle ever has been.

Ottawa's shots against were terrible. Also, Maclean loved playing Philips with Karlsson. I don't want to see Robidas with Phaneuf. :help:

Methinks Toronto will want a strong possession coach this time. So the likes of Boucher and Maclean, among others, would not interest us.

Last edited:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Step 1: Establish the core of players that you want to have going forward. If it is the current core, then fine whatever they want to try and sell.

Step 2: Figure out the style you want to play based on the team that you have

Step 3: Figure out the coach that you want based on that.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
I'll take Paul Maclean out of that dumpster fire.

A Jack Adams winner for a completely mediocre team with far less talent than the Leafs. The guy was fired for no other reason than being a scape goat for their awful team. He's twice the coach Carlyle ever has been.

Twice the coach Carlyle has been? If you mean an exact clone I agree.

TML1

Oct 18, 2014
This team doesn't need an executioner. They need a reasonable and inspirational coach who is adaptive and understands hybrid systems(styles) of play. One who can make a diverse group function as a team. Carlyle is a failure because he tries to make a Corvette perform like a F150. He was to stubborn or dumb to realize these things.

Torts would have conflicts with at least some of...

Kessel
Kadri
Lupul
Bozak
Gardiner
Rielly
Nylander

Torts is a **** off honestly. He should shut his stupid big mouth, hockey is hockey not a talk show.

So you want a coach that will coddle the players and plead with them to perform. Sorry we had that in Carlyle. Torts won't baby the stars we have and will make them accountable. That's what the Leafs need!

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Jules Winfield!!

But on a more serious note Dale Hunter. There is too much of a connection for it not to happen. If he isn't it I would either say Deboer or Keenan.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
John Tortorella
Knock some sense into the team, trade the core players, in the offseason hire Babcock
This seasons a goner, tank for Connor

arizona beamer*

It will be Spott/Horacek has interim coaches until Babcock signs with Toronto in June. If this doesn't happen however, I'd like to see Tortarella in TO.

grenade

Jan 6, 2009
mountains
Whoever the new GM picks.

But this is the Leafs, so I would expect they would do it backward and hire the coach before the GM. Then let the new GM inherit the coach he hadn't picked. Then fire the old coach. And so on.

please this. the more pertinent question would then be who do you want as your new gm.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Just hire Eakins. He would help the Leafs tank for McDavid. He set the foundation in Edmonton, so there is no doubt he could do it here in Toronto. :laugh:

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
If not Babcock then Dale Hunter. Being from London I am bias and he has built consistent teams here for years and one of the key things you notice about London's players is that they work hard and are willing to die to win, if not they are shipped out.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Actually I'd like to see Tortorella take a 1-yr deal and kick Kessel's ass for a season, just to see if it can actually motivate him.

Trust me, it won't work. The Sedins play a similar style of game to Kessel and Tortorella grinded them into their worst production since the onset of their careers. Granted, Kessel is a lot younger but Torts' abrasive approach wears thin incredibly fast. He also obsesses with shot blocking as the only legitimate defense. Frankly, I think he would crash and burn worse in Toronto than Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad