Proposal: Who do you want as the head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Habs fan coming in peace. Who are the best available coaches?

Eakins---coached the Marlies
Deboer---long history with Spott
Boucher---should be coaching in the NHL
Tortorella---this would be a gong show

Who else?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Horachek is fine for the year. No need to rush a coaching decision. If they want someone else for a bit I would lean Boucher from your list.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I forgot to mention Bylsma but he is more of an offensive coach. Not what the Leafs need.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Habs fan coming in peace. Who are the best available coaches?

Eakins---coached the Marlies
Deboer---long history with Spott
Boucher---should be coaching in the NHL
Tortorella---this would be a gong show

Who else?

Nobody until the assesment of the core has been completed.
It's no good to bring yet another person in over Horachek/Spott if the same problems now exist. First the coach was judged, now the core.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I would want Boucher or Bylsma... We need a coach that lets us play to our strengths... Offense and speed... We also really need to improve our puck movement especially on the breakouts.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I imagine Deboer will be named coach by the end of the week. If not him then Horachek for the rest of the season. Don't want Spott

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I know who I don't want. Peter DeBoer. He will just play Clarkson more. **** that!

Oh, and no to Eakins as well. He shouldn't be considered for any head coaching job in the NHL for another few years, at least.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Geoff Ward from Adler Mannheim would be my suggestion. He has experience working with Kessel when he was younger. He is a very smart hockey man and a team would be lucky to have him as their head coach. However looking at the Leafs moves this season. It might be completely off the board.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Perfectly fine with Spott and Horachek for this year, they're probably my number one pick.

For next year, Babcock would be amazing but that's a pipe dream imo. Wouldn't mind Deboer as my 2nd choice.

Bernify

May 28, 2014
Dan Bylsma. He's offensive so is team. Leafs need a coach that plays to teams strength.

This. I am tired of pretending to play defense, let's just try to win every game 7-6. It may actually work better for us in all seriousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad