Updated: Who Do you want as coach? (Poll)

Updated: Who do you want as coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If he gets fired (which I think will happen) I think Tortz would be a great choice with the idea he can get us to where we are an actual good competitive team. Then in a few years when his short shelf life expires we replace him with Taylor (who would be ready for the job).

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
If he gets fired (which I think will happen) I think Tortz would be a great choice with the idea he can get us to where we are an actual good competitive team. Then in a few years when his short shelf life expires we replace him with Taylor (who would be ready for the job).
Tortorella is one of the more entertaining options for sure, but he's too sensitive to come here.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Would Toronto even give permission for us to speak to Keefe? I've heard a number of people say they are holding him tight, but I'm not sure if that is just speculation or based off of an actual report.
His new contract is expected to have an NHL out clause.
Toronto Looking To Make Sheldon Keefe One Of AHL's Highest-Paid Coaches
“It’s safe to say he’d be one of the AHL’s highest-paid coaches in history but it’s a contract that wouldn’t keep him from getting a job in the National Hockey League should teams come knocking,” Kypreos said.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
If we just fired Lindy, I would entertain taking a shot with Grönborg, but we've essentially wasted a few years pulling names from the NHL coaches Rolodex and it's done nothing but entrench our position at the bottom of the league.

It's no sure thing hiring an NHL veteran either, but I'll take my chances with AV or BB (if available). Keefe is interesting - so I'll put him as my third.

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
I voted for Vigneault . He's had success with 3 different franchises , none of which , had a notable superstar .
Plus , he looks like a serious guy , I wouldn't want to wind up in his doghouse .

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I voted for Vigneault . He's had success with 3 different franchises , none of which , had a notable superstar .
Plus , he looks like a serious guy , I wouldn't want to wind up in his doghouse .

His utter refusal to play younger, better talent over older veteran guys with less talent earned him many critics in NY.

That is a specific problem the Sabres have had with Bylsma and Housley.

I would not want AV for that reason.

Reactions: Genny Screamer

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
They are all good players , but none are really generational talents . Lundqvist is probably the most talented. Still , Vigneault's teams made the playoffs 12 of 15 times .
Name 1 goalie in the last 20 years better than Luongo and Lundqvist

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
His utter refusal to play younger, better talent over older veteran guys with less talent earned him many critics in NY.

That is a specific problem the Sabres have had with Bylsma and Housley.

I would not want AV for that reason.

He played Hayes and Skjei and Vesey and didn't play Buchnevich.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I
He played Hayes and Skjei and Vesey and didn't play Buchnevich.
Funny that: Buchnevich was 6th in TOI among forwards who played more than 20 games, and ahead of Vesey and veterans Fast, Grabner and Desharnais.
He also got 57% O-zone deployments, highest on the team.
He also got the 3rd most PP time on the team.
Wait, what was the criticism of him again? Because it almost seems like bullshit.
The proper argument against Vigneault is that his teams have historically either had a PDO over 101, or been bad. Relying on all world goaltending in Buffalo would be kind of a problem.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I

Funny that: Buchnevich was 6th in TOI among forwards who played more than 20 games, and ahead of Vesey and veterans Fast, Grabner and Desharnais.
He also got 57% O-zone deployments, highest on the team.
He also got the 3rd most PP time on the team.
Wait, what was the criticism of him again? Because it almost seems like bull****.
The proper argument against Vigneault is that his teams have historically either had a PDO over 101, or been bad. Relying on all world goaltending in Buffalo would be kind of a problem.

Yeah, the commentary is that he didn't develop/use Buchnevich seems to be the hinge in that argument. Others developed just fine without having been hindered, Buch produced what he produced. I don't get it.

The goaltending would be a real issue. They don't have anyone who can replicate what he had in Vancouver or NY.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I want three things in a coach;

1) solid defensive zone coverage strategy. No man to man.
2) hard forecheck in O-zone. Support for players with the Puck
3) Clear our net and crash theirs!

If a coach can do those 3 things for this team sign me up.

Bonus - if they can teach this team how to throw the body more.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
It's time to turn the NHL script on its head:

Krueger and Gronberg as Associate Coaches.

Krueger as the master motivator and communicator and Gronberg with the fresh eyes and ideas as far as systems and roster usage.

I smell 82-0:naughty:

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
According to the current poll results, it looks like all but 4 people are hoping to hear that McLellan has been hired by LA.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I think AV as our new coach has ZERO chance of happening. Botts made him coach of Team Canada which would seem to indicate he thinks very highly of him. If he would come here then why would we be all in on McClellan? Wouldn't AV be Bott's first choice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad