Updated: Who Do you want as coach? (Poll)

Updated: Who do you want as coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If Toronto fires Babcock and appoints Keefe, then Botterill will probably go after Babcock.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Even if that happens, I doubt Babcock goes to Buffalo after screwing the team over last time.
You're saying Babcock wouldn't want to coach in BFLO because he leveraged their offer to close his TOR deal, or that Bots/Pegula wouldn't have him? I'm not sure I agree with either position. If Babcock gets canned, is there a better team to go to torment TOR?

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
You're saying Babcock wouldn't want to coach in BFLO because he leveraged their offer to close his TOR deal, or that Bots/Pegula wouldn't have him? I'm not sure I agree with either position. If Babcock gets canned, is there a better team to go to torment TOR?
No, i agree, i doubt he goes after his (second?) choice now, if it even was a choice. His wife prefered the bigger, more exciting and connected city of Tronna anyways.

Babcock as an option is far out.

Reactions: sabres4ever

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I don't really want Babcock after watching him in the playoffs the last few years. He did not play his stars when it mattered and it cost him. I'll be happy with Keefe or Gronberg.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

Botts wasn't here when it happened, so I doubt he cares. I don't see Babcock coming here. I think he'd rather sit out a year and see what's available next year rather than be like "LOL sorry about last time, it's for real now guys!"

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Keefe and Grönborg are in a tight race. How much is it worth to you that your man wins? My Boughner vote is for sale to the highest bidder. The full power of the WCDB thread will be behind the leading vote getter. His hiring is a sure thing.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Botts wasn't here when it happened, so I doubt he cares. I don't see Babcock coming here. I think he'd rather sit out a year and see what's available next year rather than be like "LOL sorry about last time, it's for real now guys!"
I don't think that is the way professional sports with professionals is handled.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Zero votes vor Taylor, zero for Krueger (cept me).. i have to ask: What in the world has changed between those two polls, which aren't that far apart by the way?

I guess Taylor lost all support because of three(!!!) games, Krueger i still don't know.
In the meantime a coach that has done nothing since - Gronborg - has risen sharply, mostly because Social Media campaigned for him.

I congratulate you to your consistency in opinion, dear fellow armchair GMs

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Zero votes vor Taylor, zero for Krueger (cept me).. i have to ask: What in the world has changed between those two polls, which aren't that far apart by the way?

I guess Taylor lost all support because of three(!!!) games, Krueger i still don't know.
In the meantime a coach that has done nothing since - Gronborg - has risen sharply, mostly because Social Media campaigned for him.

Because of three games or because of getting swept in the first round of the playoffs? Context is everything. Coaches get fired for that.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

He also lost 3 games against another coaching choice that had an inferior team. All Taylor votes should go Keefe.

Hellinator

Mar 30, 2013
Buffalo
There was a contract floating around internally a couple of weeks back for Krueger (not saying it was signed) but if that is any indication he is being hired then he will be our next coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad