Updated: Who Do you want as coach? (Poll)

Updated: Who do you want as coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m sure jack was in there setting lineups that showed he didn’t know who the top 6 D on the roster were and that we needed more Sobotka night in and night out.

Damn him.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
When I hear Bruce speak I don't want him.

But he's one of the few guys with sustained success. And almost as importantly, seems like teams get worse when he leaves, he's not just riding good rosters.

I think he'd be a boom/bust hire. Definitely conflicted

Carlyle easily the worst option. Sustained failure anywhere he goes

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I’m OK with Q or AV. Also good with Keene or Taylor. I know some people don’t want an inexperienced coach like Taylor, but I have a good gut feeling about him. He’s got a certain je ne c’est quoi. Seems like a good combination of player’s coach/mentor and motivational hard-ass when needed. I bet if he has a good playoff run, his stock rises a lot.

Reactions: Fearnot

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I'll take anyone with ties to Buffalo or Pittsburgh, because that strategy is a proven winner.

Reactions: DatGuy

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I think I'd rather have Boudreau than AV, but not sure if he can take a team all the way. Someone voted for Randy Carlyle??? Only 2 votes for Taylor, and I suspect he actually has a good shot. I'm guessing that won't be popular here if it happens.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think I'd rather have Boudreau than AV, but not sure if he can take a team all the way. Someone voted for Randy Carlyle??? Only 2 votes for Taylor, and I suspect he actually has a good shot. I'm guessing that won't be popular here if it happens.
Taylor has only been a head coach, at any level, for two seasons. By promoting him you risk the double-whammy: losing a guy doing a great job developing prospects, making the Amerks a winner while gaining an NHL coach who isn't an NHL coach.

I'm not saying he for sure would not now be a good NHL coach, but I'd rather keep him where he is. In a few years whoever we hire probably moves on, then Taylor can get the job if he looks up to it.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Dave Tippett
Paul McLean
Bruce Boudreau
Joel Quennville
Alain Vigneault
Dale Hunter
Lindy Ruff
Guy Boucher
Todd McLellan

IMO all would be fine, they are all 3-4 year shelf life coaches but IMO that’s fine.

I'd be fine with anyone on that list but Boucher. Don't think McLellan is an option though....he's linked heavily to LA.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Taylor has only been a head coach, at any level, for two seasons. By promoting him you risk the double-whammy: losing a guy doing a great job developing prospects, making the Amerks a winner while gaining an NHL coach who isn't an NHL coach.

I'm not saying he for sure would not now be a good NHL coach, but I'd rather keep him where he is. In a few years whoever we hire probably moves on, then Taylor can get the job if he looks up to it.
I agree. The boards will not take the Taylor signing well if that happens. I really don't want anyone besides Q, and I think he's already got a dance partner. Maybe Botts should have been talking to Tpegs before this morning??

I changed my vote to Sheldon Keefe. Sure he'd be a rookie NHL head coach, but there's a chance to hit a home run with him. Plus I want to stick it to the Leafs.
Ya, he's my choice out of the young guys, cuz I want the Ducks to get Eakins. If SK ends up good, he could be here a very long time. Todd Richards has some appeal, too.

Last edited:

coastal

Jun 22, 2016
Dahlin, Nylander, Olofsson, Asplund, Davidsson, Larsson... go and sign Stralman and Hagelin during the offseason...

Team Sweden Lite

Rikard Gronborg

Reactions: Willgamesh

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Anyone that can motivate this team to actually give a f*** about winning and losing and not a dead corpse gum chewer like Housley. Dont think we need much as we have the talent, get someone that can organize and motivate them. Cant be that hard...

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I just want a veteran coach who has had success. Hopefully someone who has won extensive playoff series, maybe a cup if that’s on the resume. AV and Boudreau if he’s available are probably my top-2.

Sutter seems like the kind of guy who we would need to revamp the roster for a bit. Bigger skaters and all that. But maybe I’m wrong and that’s just a bad assumption on my part

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad