Updated: Who Do you want as coach? (Poll)

Updated: Who do you want as coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I'd like Boudreau or Keefe but:

1. Dubas is locking Keefe down tight
2. It's unlikely Boudreau gets fired.

With that in mind I think I have to vote for Taylor.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I forgot about Todd Richards, now there’s a guy with NHL experience whose checked a lot of boxes.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
So with Q gone my top 3 no order are. Bruce, AV, Grönborg. Also willing to take a chance with keefe. Hopefully botts doesn't sit around till they're all gone then just Chris Taylor us.

Reactions: coastal

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
So, Quenneville and Boudreau are off the table. Hypothetically, if both TM and AV say (or have said) no, who would people want of those remaining? I'm getting a little worried that this might happen, btw. I think I would go for Keefe, if possible.

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
So, Quenneville and Boudreau are off the table. Hypothetically, if both TM and AV say (or have said) no, who would people want of those remaining? I'm getting a little worried that this might happen, btw. I think I would go for Keefe, if possible.

Would Toronto even give permission for us to speak to Keefe? I've heard a number of people say they are holding him tight, but I'm not sure if that is just speculation or based off of an actual report.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Can we make a new poll now with more options and take away the options that are gone. I would like to see where we all stand.
Yeah, let's do it like the prospect polls. Vote, another team hires a coach, vote again, another team hires a coach, let it run to at least 10 iterations.

Assuming we use that approach, I voted John Quennville because I think he'll be the last guy standing.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Grönborg proven international success, all interviews/articles he seems really awesome. Reasons he hasnt been hired? None just old dinosaur gms thinking good coaching can only come from NA. Wish we were finally ahead of the curve on something and support from Swedish fans would be sick.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
T
Yeah, let's do it like the prospect polls. Vote, another team hires a coach, vote again, another team hires a coach, let it run to at least 10 iterations.

Assuming we use that approach, I voted John Quennville because I think he'll be the last guy standing.
This poll doesn't make sense since the option with the coach mostly rumored since PH firing isn't even an option

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Grönborg proven international success, all interviews/articles he seems really awesome. Reasons he hasnt been hired? None just old dinosaur gms thinking good coaching can only come from NA. Wish we were finally ahead of the curve on something and support from Swedish fans would be sick.

I don't know that he even wants an NHL job. Has he said so? All I see is fan conjecture, just curious.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
I don't know that he even wants an NHL job. Has he said so? All I see is fan conjecture, just curious.
Why Rikard Grönborg could be NHL's first European head coach since 2001 - Sportsnet.ca

That is a really good read on him says a GM needs to stick his neck out a little bit. Also goes into his philosophy a bit and what he thinks a lot of NHL teams are doing wrong.

“To me, the only challenge that would be left is the National Hockey League, to be perfectly honest,” said Grönborg. “I’ve kind of done all that stuff and coached some of the best players in the world. Now I’m interested to have my ideas, to [implement] them over a period of time and do them overseas, and kind of challenging the coaching community over in the NHL.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Why Rikard Grönborg could be NHL's first European head coach since 2001 - Sportsnet.ca

That is a really good read on him says a GM needs to stick his neck out a little bit. Also goes into his philosophy a bit and what he thinks a lot of NHL teams are doing wrong.

“To me, the only challenge that would be left is the National Hockey League, to be perfectly honest,” said Grönborg. “I’ve kind of done all that stuff and coached some of the best players in the world. Now I’m interested to have my ideas, to [implement] them over a period of time and do them overseas, and kind of challenging the coaching community over in the NHL.

Ahh, thanks for that.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad