Updated: Who Do you want as coach? (Poll)

Updated: Who do you want as coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I guess playing the pessimist because this is Buffalo...pick the coach off that list that you would least like the Sabres to hire other than John Quennville...and that is who it probably will end up being. With that being said, I want it to be one of Keefe, Gronborg or Boudreau (I don't want to give up a pick for him though)

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'm back on the Boogie train. A good coach isn't enough. They need someone that can change the culture a la Sean McDermott. Boughner did that with the Panthers.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
I would take Marc Crawford, he has a very good record in the NHL but I think he sticks in Ottawa. He has been around, won a cup has lots of experience and success.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I don’t even know who to vote for anymore don’t really care that much for any of the remaining guys.

Keefe's the only interesting name remaining, Gronborg to a lesser degree. We missed out on the higher tier options.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I love Leaman and everything he is about, I just don’t think he’s quite ready. Him coaching our AHL team would be so ideal, it just makes things even murkier for the organization as a whole without solving the biggest problem

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
I can already predict, after seeing the early stages of this repoll: You guys are the definition of consistency, and in no way jumping on bandwagons :sarcasm:

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I can already predict, after seeing the early stages of this repoll: You guys are the definition of consistency, and in no way jumping on bandwagons :sarcasm:

Two of this boards top options a couple weeks ago on the previous poll are no longer available (Bruce and Alain) so obviously those votes will be moved on to another candidate

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Keefe, then Leaman.
“An interesting name to watch is Leaman. He wouldn’t be considered a top candidate in these parts, but the indications are he’s also held talks with the Buffalo Sabres and is highly-regarded. The belief is the Sabres spoke to Leaman about coaching their AHL affiliate in Rochester two years ago, but he opted to stay with Providence.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Man... this list for really depressing really fast.

Carlyle, Yeo, Martin are the kind of candidates that would lead the fan base to mass exodus

Ruff and Sutter aren’t realistic

Krueger isn’t even in the sport of hockey anymore

Boogie and Crawford are uninspiring retreads

Leaman is a nice outside the box thought

DJ Smith’s first name should disqualify him from a position of authority

Sheldon Keefe... Are we really going to take Toronto’s heir apparent? Not gonna happen

Chris Taylor isn’t sure he wants the job... lol

Rickard Gronborg it is

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Man... this list for really depressing really fast.

Carlyle, Yeo, Martin are the kind of candidates that would lead the fan base to mass exodus

Ruff and Sutter aren’t realistic

Krueger isn’t even in the sport of hockey anymore

Boogie and Crawford are uninspiring retreads

Leaman is a nice outside the box thought

DJ Smith’s first name should disqualify him from a position of authority

Sheldon Keefe... Are we really going to take Toronto’s heir apparent? Not gonna happen

Chris Taylor isn’t sure he wants the job... lol

Rickard Gronborg it is

Most of the list on this poll is just random names of former NHL coaches (and one Buffalo Bill :laugh:)

Theres four so far that have been rumored to be in line for an interview by the organization. Of those four theres only one I'd hate.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Previous Poll

coach01.jpg

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Keefe could very well get the Jason Garrett treatment but if not, I'd be for it

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I hate to say it and it makes even me sick but maybe we should have kept Housley around until a coach broke free next year early on. My biggest fear is they botch this one then we are stuck with him for another 2-3 years

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
One guy not mentioned who I hope they interview is Lane Lambert, Trotz's right hand man. Wouldn't be shocked if they reach out to Benoit Groulx as well now that Syracuse is out. I would be looking at those two along with Keefe, Gronborg, Nelson, and Leaman.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
One guy not mentioned who I hope they interview is Lane Lambert, Trotz's right hand man. Wouldn't be shocked if they reach out to Benoit Groulx as well now that Syracuse is out. I would be looking at those two along with Keefe, Gronborg, Nelson, and Leaman.
They have been added.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad