Youtube: White vs Boychuk

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
Looks like your seeking some conflict with the above - you'll likely find it in a few Habs fans frequenting this thread.

Question: Why would White be expected to drop the gloves with Thornton? He went after Boychuk for 1. his work on Spacek the game prior, and 2. his attempt on Subban. In turn, he tracked him down and did what many in the game would say should have been done.

But why the duty to drop w/ Thornton, a player clearly larger and more renown for his thuggery/enforcer role? The issue had been resolved, dealt with.

Methinks it's just about Bruins fans feeling a bit better about themselves, having otherwise seen their squad get tuned by the very team that had been labeled only 3 weeks earlier as a pushover.

Just sayin'.

Isnt that White's job?? He seemed to have stated it was by jumping BOychuk after an attempted hit that didnt even connect. He looked ever so eager after jumping a guy with 3 fights in the last 2 years. See the snowball effect?? If he went after boychuk for his "work on Spacek", then it doesnt end there.. Now someone like thornton should go after him for his jumping of Boychuk.... Plekanek's knee to Lucic was much more a "knee" than Boychuks, i guess Thornton should have jumped him.. Oh well i am sure numbers were taken and Poillet, PK, and white will get theirs in time..

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
So you are saying...Boychuk almost hit Subban with a knee on knee, that is why White

came in. So would you say that someone should have went after Plekanec for his knee

on knee on Lucic?

shhhhhhh!

there was nothing wrong with that hit!

it amazes how all the hab fans are out in force cheering on a fight for someone trying to throw a body check... guess Subban just cant take a hit.

the hippocrits here are comical, all you guys cheering on white for 'defending' a team mate are probably all the same people who constantly insult Lucic with the 'caveman' 'neanderthal' comments when he stick up for himself.

Collective pot, meet collective kettle.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Looks like your seeking some conflict with the above - you'll likely find it in a few Habs fans frequenting this thread.

Question: Why would White be expected to drop the gloves with Thornton? He went after Boychuk for 1. his work on Spacek the game prior, and 2. his attempt on Subban. In turn, he tracked him down and did what many in the game would say should have been done.

But why the duty to drop w/ Thornton, a player clearly larger and more renown for his thuggery/enforcer role? The issue had been resolved, dealt with.

Methinks it's just about Bruins fans feeling a bit better about themselves, having otherwise seen their squad get tuned by the very team that had been labeled only 3 weeks earlier as a pushover.

Just sayin'.

no, its all the excuses habs fans make when a bruin does stick up for himself, or a teammate. something the habs generally dont do.

but all of a sudden one does, and its just a great move on his part and its exactly what he should have done.

guess you guys would have been ok with Lucic jumping Plekanic for his knee on knee hit?

P I K E Y

Jun 16, 2010
St.John's
LOL... I give the edge to White, but He jumped Boychuk and hit him with a few before Johny even dropped the gloves. Good on Boychuk for fighting him, as we all know had it been a hab getting jumped he would have just turtled and covered up.. WHere were White's Balls when thornton followed him aroud for a shift in the 2nd asking him to man up?? Yup, like Maxpac at the end of the game: Nowhere to be found..

there is a video in the first post i would recommend watching that before you post next time. I'm not sure where these punches come from where Boychuck hasn't dropped his gloves.
and carma is a son of a *****, i would love for someone to hit you with a car and break your back

Chuck Lefley*

LOL... I give the edge to White, but He jumped Boychuk and hit him with a few before Johny even dropped the gloves. Good on Boychuk for fighting him, as we all know had it been a hab getting jumped he would have just turtled and covered up.. WHere were White's Balls when thornton followed him aroud for a shift in the 2nd asking him to man up?? Yup, like Maxpac at the end of the game: Nowhere to be found..

Your parents must be so proud to have raised someone with tact and incisive wit.
yeah...really, really proud.

BTW,do you even remember 1972?

FanHabtic*

dont have to defend it. Lucic should have just started tuning him without any acceptance of a fight. White jumped Boychuk, i would have been thrilled for Lucic to jump Pouliot.

Using that kind of idiotic logic, i would have been thrilled to see Moen jump Marchand. :shakehead

After watching Boychuk jump Spacek and fill him in you are complaining about White jumping Boychuk? Seriously? White hardly jumped the guy. He just beat owned him straight up.

FanHabtic*

dont have to defend it. Lucic should have just started tuning him without any acceptance of a fight. White jumped Boychuk, i would have been thrilled for Lucic to jump Pouliot.

Pouliot didn't even want to fight Krejci. Did you see him shaking his head after the fight? He was just dumbfounded at the stupidity of Krejci. If he wanted to destroy Krejci he could have when he had him down on the ice and in the fetal position. :laugh:

Sir Richard 37

311 Has Grassroots.
Nov 17, 2010
SE Mass
Still think White gets the edge in this one, he had some brutal uppercuts going halfway through. Hell of a scrap either way.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Isnt that White's job?? He seemed to have stated it was by jumping BOychuk after an attempted hit that didnt even connect. He looked ever so eager after jumping a guy with 3 fights in the last 2 years. See the snowball effect?? If he went after boychuk for his "work on Spacek", then it doesnt end there.. Now someone like thornton should go after him for his jumping of Boychuk.... Plekanek's knee to Lucic was much more a "knee" than Boychuks, i guess Thornton should have jumped him.. Oh well i am sure numbers were taken and Poillet, PK, and white will get theirs in time..
But the Habs to Bruins are apples to oranges in the team toughness dept. Montreal doesn't have a "heavy" since Laraque. White's about the best they can put up. You can't compare White and Thornton. White took on a comparable player in size, in Boychuk. This scenario happens virtually every game - like it or not - where a player holds another accountable for their actions.

White took issue with the attempted hit on Subban and for the incident with Spacek and addressed it. Done. He wasn't acting in the role of "enforcer" any more than Cooke acts as a Lady Byng candidate. There's no need for Thornton to have to bring White down a notch by beating him up for it later. The only reason alludes to my earlier comment, that it'd have made Bruins fans feel better about the fact that they were walloped in most facets of that game.
no, its all the excuses habs fans make when a bruin does stick up for himself, or a teammate. something the habs generally dont do.

but all of a sudden one does, and its just a great move on his part and its exactly what he should have done.

guess you guys would have been ok with Lucic jumping Plekanic for his knee on knee hit?

Can't speak to the claim that Habs fans have been hypocritical - I'm not privy to your guys' earlier banter. Mind you, it's pretty standard for fans of both teams to lose objectivity.

Re: Plekanec? I'm good with a player holding another accountable for a cheap shot. A guy like Plekanec, especially with the instigator rule, is essentially untouchable. In that regard, he NEEDS to be "touched".

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary

:laugh: you're precious

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
Re: Plekanec? I'm good with a player holding another accountable for a cheap shot. A guy like Plekanec, especially with the instigator rule, is essentially untouchable. In that regard, he NEEDS to be "touched".

White held Boychuk accountable for what he thought was an attempted cheapshot, knowing full well that there is an instigator rule, and in fact was assessed an instigator penalty, so Pleks is not untouchable, and could have been 'touched'. No Bruin seemed to care about the instigator rule last game when they 'instigated' a line brawl. In my opinion the 'instigator rule' argument is ridiculous. To stop the cheap shots the officials and league need to enforce the rules.

Halifaxhab*

Are all Bruin fans' here (with the exception of fireworks) just shouting their "sour grapes"---see what I did there you snappy dressers.

The fight happened because White felt Boychuck tried to knee Subban (one of the best players on the Habs....you don't want your best guy gone for 5Mins or for an injury) So White stepped in and took on a player that falls into the "middleweight" category such as him....but has 2 inches and 20-30lbs on him. They both give and get with a decision to White. The refs made the right call on White to set the tone for the game (5, 2 for instigator, and a 10). Thornton hunting for a fight down 4-0 stinks of a desperate attempt at revenge and not to wake his team up.

Maybe if the poor persecuted bruins weren't too busy trying to get oxygen on the bench after trying to keep up in a game that they were outclassed in....maybe one of those big bad bruins would have done the same to Plekanec (and I have no problem with that, it is hockey after all).

But watching Luchicken and WHoreton try and "get payback" at the end of a game that had something so horrendous happen in shows the level of class (or complete lack thereof) they have. If they really wanted payback, maybe earlier in the game...or here's a wild idea....maybe in the next game.

Last edited by a moderator:

cneely

Jan 6, 2005

Just sayin'.

So, I guess you aren't in the camp that calls Lucic a chicken and a spot picker for not fighting Laraque. It's pretty much identical in that Lucic beat down Komisarek after several run ins, and had no issue with Laraque.

Good tilt, and a clear win for White. The kid looks pretty damn tough, and can play some hockey too.

member 96824

Now Lucic wants to fight Benoit freaking Pouliot, Pouliot is a coward for refusing. I'll stop thinking Milan is a puss if either he answers to whoever challenges him(even if it's Derek Boogaard) or if he goes only after guys he know can put up a fight.

Lucic fight card:
McCormick
Eric Brewer
Vandermeer
Harrison
Prust
Erskine
Triston Grant
Rivet
Colton Orr
Mair
Boll
Harrison again
Niel
Homosarek
Lapierre
Oreskovic
Neil
Mike Brown
Tim Wallace
Crombeen
Boulton
Brendan Witt
Boynton
Homosarek
Matt Bradley
Ruutu
Brookbank
Gleason
Erskine
Jackman
Boll
Clarkson
Ben Eager
Tarnasky
Ivanans
Winchester.

That's a pretty damn solid list for any important player. He's the only player in the league this year with more than 25 goals and 5 fights. If he fought every worthless goon that challenged him, he'd be fighting every freaking game. Why don't you tell some of your boys (Subban, Plekanec, Pacioretty) to answer the bell just once before you start worrying about our leading goal scorer who is yes, willing to drop them with just about anyone.

Just because Laraque chased him around the ice for multiple games like a dumb dog doesn't mean he won't drop them.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Lucic fight card:
That's a pretty damn solid list for any important player. He's the only player in the league this year with more than 25 goals and 5 fights. If he fought every worthless goon that challenged him, he'd be fighting every freaking game. Why don't you tell some of your boys (Subban, Plekanec, Pacioretty) to answer the bell just once before you start worrying about our leading goal scorer who is yes, willing to drop them with just about anyone.

Just because Laraque chased him around the ice for multiple games like a dumb dog doesn't mean he won't drop them.
I don't care about his fight card, it's irrelevant in this case. He likes chasing around player smaller than him and he likes to fight period. Bruins fans are calling Pouliot a coward because he doesn't want to fight Lucic. They're not even the same weight class. The only reason Lucic didn't drop them with Laraque is because he wouldn't drop them with a super heavy. His coach knows he'd get his face beaten, so it'd be stupid to accept. It's not cowardice but intelligence. Same goes for Pouliot, you don't drop them with a guy who's in a higher weight class and will undoubtedly kick your teeth if you fight. Lucic was scared of Lafaque and wouldn't drop them with him, he knew he would have gotten humiliated.

Subban also dropped them but the guy can't fight. Asking Plekanec to drop them is like asking Datsyuk to drop them. He doesn't provoke anybody and people rarely go after him.

Halifaxhab*

I don't care about his fight card, it's irrelevant in this case. He likes chasing around player smaller than him and he likes to fight period. Bruins fans are calling Pouliot a coward because he doesn't want to fight Lucic. They're not even the same weight class. The only reason Lucic didn't drop them with Laraque is because he wouldn't drop them with a super heavy. His coach knows he'd get his face beaten, so it'd be stupid to accept. It's not cowardice but intelligence. Same goes for Pouliot, you don't drop them with a guy who's in a higher weight class and will undoubtedly kick your teeth if you fight. Lucic was scared of Lafaque and wouldn't drop them with him, he knew he would have gotten humiliated.

Subban also dropped them but the guy can't fight. Asking Plekanec to drop them is like asking Datsyuk to drop them. He doesn't provoke anybody and people rarely go after him.

Besides, if Lucic really felt slighted or that Plekanec intentionally tried to run his knee....why didn't mr. tough guy just go at him? No one would fault him if he tried. But he tries to pick his spots....but only if duh coach says its ok.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Besides, if Lucic really felt slighted or that Plekanec intentionally tried to run his knee....why didn't mr. tough guy just go at him? No one would fault him if he tried. But he tries to pick his spots....but only if duh coach says its ok.

LOL

Yup, Lucic checks with his coach before he fights anyone.... Wow

Do you always talk our of your behind? Every fight Lucic has been in has been out of anger in the heat of battle. He doesn't ever predetermine who he's going to fight (with the exception of possibly Komisarek who he had a long standing battle with), much less check with a coach.

Pick his spots? When angered in the heat of battle, Lucic has dropped the gloves with anyone who has asked. Because he declined a polite invitation from Laraque, with whom he has never had a run in, he's a spot picker? That's rich.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005

It's not irrelevant at all. Many Habs fans like to pretend that Lucic runs around picking spots with much smaller, peace loving players. The facts show, however, that this is not the case at all.
Lucic fights to defend a teammate, or because he feels that someone has taken a liberty with him. It doesn't matter if its Plekanec, or Orr, if he feels slighted, he'll go.

Sailor

Sep 9, 2009
Montréal
It's not irrelevant at all. Many Habs fans like to pretend that Lucic runs around picking spots with much smaller, peace loving players. The facts show, however, that this is not the case at all.
Lucic fights to defend a teammate, or because he feels that someone has taken a liberty with him. It doesn't matter if its Plekanec, or Orr, if he feels slighted, he'll go.

Then I don't think that he felt that plekanec was intenting to injure him at all because he didn't go after him. Plekanec would never try to knee a guy like Lucic because he knows he'll get crushed if he does.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Then I don't think that he felt that plekanec was intenting to injure him at all because he didn't go after him. Plekanec would never try to knee a guy like Lucic because he knows he'll get crushed if he does.

I don't think there was any kind of intent on Plekanec's part, it was just a missed hit. Pretty obvious Lucic felt the same.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004

What?!!!!

God, you guys are delusional. Plekanec is the biggest punk on your team now that Lapierre is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad