Youtube: White vs Boychuk

Charlie Milles*

White beat the **** out of Girlchuk.:laugh: Lucky you had that visor on, aye Johnny.;)

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Great little tilt by two middleweights...clear win for White though. Boychuk had quite the shiner going by the second period.

And its not fair to critique Boychuk for keeping the visor on...this wasn't a square up fight, the guy had no time to remove it.

samsquanch9*

I'm not criticising girlchuck for the visor since had no time to take it off.. But if he didn't... the fight would've been over in the first 10 seconds

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Win for White. Spacek owes him a dinner.

Anybody else think the instigator penalty was off base? I think they both came together and were ready to fight. They both seemed to throw their gloves at about the same time. I don't think there was any more instigation in this fight than any of the fights the last time these two teams played.

Last edited:

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
Quoted for truth.

Still didn't stop Lucic from going after our other goon, Benoit Pouliot. What a tough guy.

Well... we can have surprises with Benny.
He is 3-0-0 in fights with 1 KO.
The next David Lemieux ? :)

I don't care about who won the fight. But this is why Ryan White was the captain of the Calgary Hitmens and had the "A" in the AHL. He is a very good leader.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Win for White. Spacek owes him a dinner.

Anybody else think the instigator penalty was off base? I think they both came together and were ready to fight. They both seemed to throw their gloves at about the same time. I don't think there was any more instigation in this fight than any of the fights the last time these two teams played.

It was deserved. Whenever Bruins have reacted to hits on teammates they haven't liked this season and went and initiated a scrap after, they've been given the instigator. Seems to be how the league is calling it.

Other thoughts:
Yes, definitely a win for White. Boychuk did come on at the end though.

Wasn't a dirty hit by Boychuk. He loves trying to croak guys coming over the blue line, could easily put a highlight reel of 7-10 of them over the past 2 seasons, all clean.

White impressed me last night. Looks like a tough kid, can play a bit, and seemed to be a pretty honest player too. Glad to see some of that on the Habs.

As for the visor comments- just dumb. He had no chance to get it off, anyone saying otherwise is delusional.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Make no mistake about it... despite this being a quick reaction to the Subban attempted hit, this was for Spacek. The Subban hit just created an obvious opening for White.

And yes, White owned him here, but as a Hab fan, I'm not going to start talking smack. Fact is, we have no one that is going to hang with the heavies and we're not a tough team in the fighting department.

Still, good on White for standing up and showing we won't be completely owned in that department.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Boychuk didn't have a chance to remove the visor, so you shouldn't say that about him.

Yea pretty much what I was thinking. Boychuk got jumped and he didn't have time to remove his helmet. The fight was one-sided in White's favor none-the-less and whoever can't see that is delusional.

member 96824

Quoted for truth.

Still didn't stop Lucic from going after our other goon, Benoit Pouliot. What a tough guy.

The pouliot that took on DAVID KREJCI right? With Lucic and Horton on the ice... Alright...yeah, just wanted to make sure...Plus, lord knows what Pouliot said to Lucic to make him want to go, but it was nice to see Pouliot skate away until a teamate or ref could get in the middle. After the white fight, I was beginning to think the habs had changed.

Anyways, with the visor thing...it's clear that whoever is saying "he didn't take his visor off, what a girl" didn't actually watch the video...or the game for that matter. So leave. Second with the visor, Boychuk never wore one until last year when he took a puck off the orbital bone, couple inches and he would have been blind for sure. So he threw the visor on, because he's a smart person...not because he's a wuss.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The pouliot that took on DAVID KREJCI right? With Lucic and Horton on the ice... Alright...yeah, just wanted to make sure...Plus, lord knows what Pouliot said to Lucic to make him want to go, but it was nice to see Pouliot skate away until a teamate or ref could get in the middle. After the white fight, I was beginning to think the habs had changed.

If you can watch this clip and still tell me with a straight face that Pouliot "went after" Krejci, I don't even know what to say to you. Krejci got put on his ass fair and square and Lucic went looking for some kind of "redemption", because the game was out of reach and he knows he can beat up Pouliot. How can you even defend that?

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site

You watch way too much Jack Edwards.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
Bruins fans in this thread always say:

-Lucic is a bully and acts tough but is right not accepting other fighters challenges.
-Lucic is too good of a hockey player to drop them.
-Pouliot is a ***** destroying Drejci who instigated the fight.
-Lucic is right when he attempted to start a fight after Pacioretty was taken off a stretcher.

Mod edit:

Last edited by a moderator:

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal

Anyways, with the visor thing...it's clear that whoever is saying "he didn't take his visor off, what a girl" didn't actually watch the video...or the game for that matter. So leave. Second with the visor, Boychuk never wore one until last year when he took a puck off the orbital bone, couple inches and he would have been blind for sure. So he threw the visor on, because he's a smart person...not because he's a wuss.
Both are non fighters so it really doesn't matter. Pouliot never fought in the juniors I believe. It would be good for the Bruins to go against guys who can at least compete. I'm happy Boychuck got his ass kicked. That's what you get for going after non-fighters. Spacek really? Lucic should also stop acting like that. Montreal fans were calling him a coward for not answering Laraque. Bruins fans argued that they weren't in the same weight class and that Lucic wasn't going to fight him because of that. Now Lucic wants to fight Benoit freaking Pouliot, Pouliot is a coward for refusing. I'll stop thinking Milan is a puss if either he answers to whoever challenges him(even if it's Derek Boogaard) or if he goes only after guys he know can put up a fight.

At the poster above. Don't start that country bull. Lucic is Canadian. Plenty of Bruins fans are also Canadians and have that same idiotic mentality. It has nothing to do with being American.

habs1974*

Holy ****...Boychuk got the **** kicked out of him. Good job White

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
White clearly takes that fight, surprised he didn't break his hands with those huge bombs he was throwing, especially early on in the fight. He was really letting Boychuk have it.

fireworks

Apr 17, 2009
Bobcaygeon
Good win for White. He definitely got in the better punches and he hit Boychuk with a few really good ones. But, Boychuk stood in there and kept going..I really wish they didn't stop the fight when they did. I think they could have went a little bit longer. I know most hab fans will disagree with me, but White hit Boychuk with some really good clean shots and Boychuk was still standing...maybe he doesn't throw very hard? Some hab fans don't make sense, first they make the argument that the Bruins are Goons and then they are posting the 1 fight they win with comments like: "Boychuk took a beating" "Boychuk got saved by his visor". I really would like to have a serious discussion on this forum...but maybe a age limit would really help??

Halifaxhab*

Good win for White. He definitely got in the better punches and he hit Boychuk with a few really good ones. But, Boychuk stood in there and kept going..I really wish they didn't stop the fight when they did. I think they could have went a little bit longer. I know most hab fans will disagree with me, but White hit Boychuk with some really good clean shots and Boychuk was still standing...maybe he doesn't throw very hard? Some hab fans don't make sense, first they make the argument that the Bruins are Goons and then they are posting the 1 fight they win with comments like: "Boychuk took a beating" "Boychuk got saved by his visor". I really would like to have a serious discussion on this forum...but maybe a age limit would really help??

Boychuk lost that decision for sure. And in the spirit of sportsmanship you'll see at the end of the fight that White gave Boychuk a little "good job" tap. It's a shame that that sportsmanship is all too rare lately

fireworks

Apr 17, 2009
Bobcaygeon
Boychuk lost that decision for sure. And in the spirit of sportsmanship you'll see at the end of the fight that White gave Boychuk a little "good job" tap. It's a shame that that sportsmanship is all too rare lately

I did see the "Good Job" tap..I have nothing negative to say about White. He did a really good job in the fight and I have nothing but respect for players like that...very nice to see/read a mature post...Go Bruins!

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
LOL... I give the edge to White, but He jumped Boychuk and hit him with a few before Johny even dropped the gloves. Good on Boychuk for fighting him, as we all know had it been a hab getting jumped he would have just turtled and covered up.. WHere were White's Balls when thornton followed him aroud for a shift in the 2nd asking him to man up?? Yup, like Maxpac at the end of the game: Nowhere to be found..

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007

If you can watch this clip and still tell me with a straight face that Pouliot "went after" Krejci, I don't even know what to say to you. Krejci got put on his ass fair and square and Lucic went looking for some kind of "redemption", because the game was out of reach and he knows he can beat up Pouliot. How can you even defend that?

dont have to defend it. Lucic should have just started tuning him without any acceptance of a fight. White jumped Boychuk, i would have been thrilled for Lucic to jump Pouliot.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
LOL... I give the edge to White, but He jumped Boychuk and hit him with a few before Johny even dropped the gloves. Good on Boychuk for fighting him, as we all know had it been a hab getting jumped he would have just turtled and covered up.. WHere were White's Balls when thornton followed him aroud for a shift in the 2nd asking him to man up?? Yup, like Maxpac at the end of the game: Nowhere to be found..

Looks like your seeking some conflict with the above - you'll likely find it in a few Habs fans frequenting this thread.

Question: Why would White be expected to drop the gloves with Thornton? He went after Boychuk for 1. his work on Spacek the game prior, and 2. his attempt on Subban. In turn, he tracked him down and did what many in the game would say should have been done.

But why the duty to drop w/ Thornton, a player clearly larger and more renown for his thuggery/enforcer role? The issue had been resolved, dealt with.

Methinks it's just about Bruins fans feeling a bit better about themselves, having otherwise seen their squad get tuned by the very team that had been labeled only 3 weeks earlier as a pushover.

Just sayin'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad