Youtube: White vs Boychuk

Elvis Presley

Aka #30
Apr 14, 2009
brooklyn
obviously only the habs fans call this one sided. i'd say it would be pretty one sided if boychuk didnt come back at the end with that strong one, you could see it affect white. win white, but not by nearly as much as some of you guys are making it seem

montreal-myk

May 13, 2007
Definately a win for White...

Jack Edwards won't sleep tonight ( worst game announcer in the league)

Chico and the Man

Mar 2, 2011
Maplewood, NJ
If Subban didnt see him knee on knee was a good chance.

Not a chance, in the second replay you can clearly see Boychuk take a stride forward with his right leg and bring his right arm into his body in an attempt to lay a shoulder on P.K., there was no way he tried to hit him knee to knee.

I don't criticize White for going after Boychuk because from another angle and at game speed White could have seen a potential knee on knee, but his aggression doesn't really need to be rewarded, especially when it wasn't necessary.

CuteHockeyBunny

May 25, 2009
Montreal
Clear win for White.

Liked to see Boychuck's face all swelled up.

Towards the end of the game, they had a couple of close up shots. His left eye was completely shut.

Anyway, good revenge tilt for the attempted Subban hit and old man Spacek's beatdown on the last meeting.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
obviously only the habs fans call this one sided. i'd say it would be pretty one sided if boychuk didnt come back at the end with that strong one, you could see it affect white. win white, but not by nearly as much as some of you guys are making it seem

Obviously remove Boychuk's visor and its another story.....

LucicBergeronNeely

Apr 13, 2010
Bruins fan here. Clear win for White. Boychuk did a good job at hanging in there but in the end he did very little damage to White. Not an @ss kicking but looked like it easily could have been. Anyone calling this a draw is ignoring the first 5 seconds of the fight.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Bruins fan here. Clear win for White. Boychuk did a good job at hanging in there but in the end he did very little damage to White. Not an @ss kicking but looked it easily could have been. Anyone calling this a draw is ignorin the first 5 seconds of the fight.

Bang on assessment

MaxChart

Nov 7, 2010
Montréal
White won.

BTW, Boychuk wasn't hiding behind his visor, White went after him and engaged right away... what do you guys want him to do?

He protects his eyes, which is intelligent (surprising for a Bruins player, mind you ;)), kudos for that.

Vision > looking tough.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
good back and forth fight, call it a draw with Boychuk coming on towards the end
Oilers fan here, looking to add some potential objectivity (though I must confess I'd cheer for the Bruins in a 7-pack over the Habs any day... sorry, Meaurrrreal).

Great bout for White, but sorry, no contest. In what universe was Boychuk "coming on towards the end"? He was standing better... if that counts, then have at 'er. He did unload that nice uppercut in the latter stages, but was matched in it by White. I didn't see many of Boychuk's punches land, but White was pretty accurate.

Sure, Boychuk kept fighting, but there was no comeback to be had here, folks. White. Totally.
Nyet. As above, sure, Boychuk wound up connecting late in the bout. But I didn't see White stagger. He was ready to keep throwing the meat hammers. Boychuk simply had his arse handed to him that time. Fo sho there'll be a chance for redemption for the gool ol' Edmonton boy.
So we're praising goons for fighting a player for an ATTEMPTED hit?

Yea......

You're posting this as though there isn't already an established context for this "near hit" to occur. It means far less had the last game not seen the PIMs it did, or had Subban not been grating on the B's in said game.

I'm the first to complain when players throwing legal hits are consequenced w/ 5 minutes for essentially having to protect themselves when jumped by an over-zealous opponent that figures The Code has been breached. But White likely doesn't go after Boychuk so quickly if the last game were pure and clean.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Same old:

People start calling Ryan White a "goon", as he won the fight, as if they were trying to find an excuse for Boychuk's loss (although many Bruins fans mentioned Boychuk as a decent fighter, before this game).

Do some people realize Boychuk is 2 inches taller and 32 pounds heavier than White? Fought with his visor on, too.

Guess it was a little harder for him than Spacek, huh?

MikeyPeenz

Mar 23, 2010
Niagara Falls
Good, love to see boychuk get his ass pounded because he was looking to start trouble. It's like those big tuff guys you see at the bars trying to start **** and then they get laid out by the bouncers. Justice served.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Boychuck kept his visor
if Subban did the same, he would be called a ***** that doesnt answer the bell

'Dunno that you can call Boychuk out for the visor. Watching the start of that bout, he'd just come to his feet, spun around, and was facing a charging White. I'm all for giving eachother the "nod" and ditching the shields, but I doubt Boychuk had much of a chance.

No matter - White did the service for him. :sarcasm:

Analyzer*

Boychuk didn't have a chance to remove the visor, so you shouldn't say that about him.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Great scrap, White threw some good ones.

Also, does anyone else find Jack Edwards homerism in this clip hilarious?

The entire time I only heard Boychuk's name, and while he's getting his ass kicked Edwards is trying to make it seem like it's the other way around :shakehead

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Habs-vs-Bruins02_7.preview.jpg

Boychuk was saved by the visor. White was really throwing bombs.

Natedawg

Lars Eller
Aug 19, 2008
Edmonton
White giving Boychuk Height and Weight advantage and tunes him.

Good to see.

Weird what happens when you don't fight Jaro ****ing Spacek.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Boy watching boychuck run at subban where he charged him, (it also looked like he was trying to get him knee on knee) was such a dirty cheap as skank play.

Its lucky the bruins get looked after by the NHL otherwise boychuck should get suspended for intent to injure as well as chara.

Dirty rotten dogs Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad