Youtube: White vs Boychuk

Root

Feb 22, 2010
That's not a very insightful comment. Sure, hockey may be violent, and injuries are indeed inevitable, but the NHL does--and ought to--continually aim to progress its rules and precautions to mitigate the severity of such injuries, particularly needless ones.

thats not a very insightful comment. the game is a contact sport. there is always going to be violence unless they take contact out of the game. simple as that. i never said they shouldn't try to make it safer, but its always going to be violent.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site

thats not a very insightful comment. the game is a contact sport. there is always going to be violence unless they take contact out of the game. simple as that. i never said they shouldn't try to make it safer, but its always going to be violent.

You've already said this, and I responded to it. Not sure how that's an addition to the discussion. The reason why I said your comment wasn't insightful wasn't just to take a jab at you (which, it seems, was your interest in mimicking me, much like children enjoy doing), but rather because many fans take issue with the Pacioretty hit and hope for some safety precautions to take place (whether it be in terms of safety at the rink, or deterrence via suspension). To respond to this hope with a simplistic 'this is a violent game' addresses none of the above and is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Anybody who thinks Lucic was scared of BGL is dreaming, BGL won most of his fights, but he never really hurt anyone, he is not scary tough like say Booregard who could bust you up good. Sure Lucic would have lost to BGL ( 20 year old kid then ) but BGL never was known for breeking noses/jaws etc, he was more interested in winning decisions like a Sugar Ray Leonard.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
It seems like Montreal fans have the worst reading comprehension in the world.

It's a PLAY that happens every night. The RESULT is not always injury. I don't get why Montreal fans can't comprehend the difference. You guys are clueless.

Players hit the stanchion every night? what the **** have I been watching all these years?

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Anybody who thinks Lucic was scared of BGL is dreaming, BGL won most of his fights, but he never really hurt anyone, he is not scary tough like say Booregard who could bust you up good. Sure Lucic would have lost to BGL ( 20 year old kid then ) but BGL never was known for breeking noses/jaws etc, he was more interested in winning decisions like a Sugar Ray Leonard.

:facepalm:

Anybody who thinks he wasn't scared of BGL is dreaming, and you gave reasons in your post, he's a 20 year old kid and BGL was the reigning heavyweight champion.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
You've already said this, and I responded to it. Not sure how that's an addition to the discussion. The reason why I said your comment wasn't insightful wasn't just to take a jab at you (which, it seems, was your interest in mimicking me, much like children enjoy doing), but rather because many fans take issue with the Pacioretty hit and hope for some safety precautions to take place (whether it be in terms of safety at the rink, or deterrence via suspension). To respond to this hope with a simplistic 'this is a violent game' addresses none of the above and is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

again, never said they shouldn't try to make it safer, but fans who think that it is possible to make it that injuries never will happen are dreaming unless they take contact out of hockey. my comment was simple and true, your the one trying to make more out of it......

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
again, never said they shouldn't try to make it safer, but fans who think that it is possible to make it that injuries never will happen are dreaming unless they take contact out of hockey. my comment was simple and true, your the one trying to make more out of it......

As someone posted above: no one ever said that injuries could be taken out of the game altogether.

So if that was your point, then you need not to have made it, as no one disagreed with that notion. For you to make this 'point' with a mocking tone, claiming Hab fans were disputing it, is obnoxious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad