Youtube: White vs Boychuk

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
What?!!!!

God, you guys are delusional. Plekanec is the biggest punk on your team now that Lapierre is gone.
If you think Plekanec is the Habs biggest punk now that Lapierre is gone. Every other player in the league is dirty. The guy plays clean and hard. He's a class act and respect the game and the players. Your opinion is void if you think Plekanec is dirty.

It's not irrelevant at all. Many Habs fans like to pretend that Lucic runs around picking spots with much smaller, peace loving players. The facts show, however, that this is not the case at all.
Lucic fights to defend a teammate, or because he feels that someone has taken a liberty with him. It doesn't matter if its Plekanec, or Orr, if he feels slighted, he'll go.
He sure tried defending his teammates when Laraque was after your boys. Lucic wanted no part of Laraque and that's the only reason he didn't fight him. He knew he'd lose. Why would he pick fights he know he'd surely win? That screams cowardice to me. I know the guy can fight and pretty well at that. My problem is that he shouldn't take runs at smaller players and pester them to fight if he isn't willing to fight larger players who'd pound him when they pester HIM to fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
He sure tried defending his teammates when Laraque was after your boys. Lucic wanted no part of Laraque and that's the only reason he didn't fight him. He knew he'd lose. Why would he pick fights he know he'd surely win? That screams cowardice to me. I know the guy can fight and pretty well at that. My problem is that he shouldn't take runs at smaller players and pester them to fight if he isn't willing to fight larger players who'd pound him when they pester HIM to fight.

Thats my point. He doesn't shy away from bigger players. He's fought Orr, Boulton and Ivanans. Just not a prearranged invitation only fight, they've happened during the course of regular game play.

Bibeen

Jan 1, 2011
Quebec
Boston fan's make me lough alot, they are upset of their "big bad bruins" who can't even win the physical aspect versus montreal
hahaha

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Boston fan's make me lough alot, they are upset of their "big bad bruins" who can't even win the physical aspect versus montreal
hahaha

?
Not sure who this is directed to, or what it even means.

FanHabtic*

I still can't believe that some Bruins fans are upset at White mopping the floor with Boychuk. It wasn't long ago when Boychuk grabbed Spacek and gave him a beat down. Spacek didn't even ask to fight - he wasn't given a choice.

I give credit to Boychuk for taking the punches like a man though.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
white looks pretty legit as a fighter and as a player. he gave it to Boychuk pretty good. Boychuk didn't have much time to take off his visor because white went at him right away so i don't know why some here are saying he was "hiding" behind his visor. also he wears a visor because his career almost ended last year due to a facial injury so its not like he is some fighter who fights only with a visor.

i would like to see a rematch of this when Boychuk is expecting it and has time to square up but the habs should be happy they have another fighter to compliment moen who can actually play the game.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
If you think Plekanec is the Habs biggest punk now that Lapierre is gone. Every other player in the league is dirty. The guy plays clean and hard. He's a class act and respect the game and the players. Your opinion is void if you think Plekanec is dirty.
Spot on. Here's a nice example of clean, respectful play from Pleks:

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
I know, right. Reminds me of the fanbase that totally LOST IT when their player got hit into the turnbuckle, on a play that happens on a nightly basis.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
Players break their necks on a nightly basis:help:

It seems like Montreal fans have the worst reading comprehension in the world.

It's a PLAY that happens every night. The RESULT is not always injury. I don't get why Montreal fans can't comprehend the difference. You guys are clueless.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
to all habs fans: hockey is a violent game, no matter what people are going to get injured. if you don't like it watch soccer

kenmc

Apr 22, 2007
Here and there
LOL

Yup, Lucic checks with his coach before he fights anyone.... Wow

Do you always talk our of your behind? Every fight Lucic has been in has been out of anger in the heat of battle. He doesn't ever predetermine who he's going to fight (with the exception of possibly Komisarek who he had a long standing battle with), much less check with a coach.

Pick his spots? When angered in the heat of battle, Lucic has dropped the gloves with anyone who has asked. Because he declined a polite invitation from Laraque, with whom he has never had a run in, he's a spot picker? That's rich.

Because Pouliot declined with someone he never had a run in with makes him........

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Were you saying the same thing when Bergeron and Savard got injured?

you have every right to be mad at Chara, i was mad at randy jones and matt cooke. at the same time it happens, its ugly but hits from behind and head shots happen in hockey, and unless you want to take hitting out of the game they are going to happen from time to time. it sucks but its the truth.

what Chara did though was not a hit from behind or a head shot, he finished a check, it was late but if it was anywhere else on the ice it would have been a 2 minute penalty. you have the right to be mad but your fans calling the police and all that **** is absurd and embarrassing.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
to all habs fans: hockey is a violent game, no matter what people are going to get injured. if you don't like it watch soccer

That's not a very insightful comment. Sure, hockey may be violent, and injuries are indeed inevitable, but the NHL does--and ought to--continually aim to progress its rules and precautions to mitigate the severity of such injuries, particularly needless ones.

Bruins4Lifer said:
Spot on. Here's a nice example of clean, respectful play from Pleks

Jeez, so Plekanec got a penalty, thus he must be dirty. You'd think B's fans, who insist Chara's a clean player despite multiple borderline hits over the years, ought to know that a single act does not represent the player's entire body of work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad