Which trades won a cup?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
If your takling immediate impact/same yr disregard below.if not,
Dryden to the Habs from the Bruins.
Dryden traded to the Habs a few days after being drafted by the Bruins in 64.Finished his university before stepping on the ice for the Habs
The only player in the history of the game to win a Hart and in the next season win the Calder.

Not Hart, Conn Smythe.

Frank Mahovlich to Habs:

Frank Mahovlich was a big part of that '71 win and came to the Habs mid season from Detroit. He would probably have won that Conn Smythe if not for Dryden getting it (not that he would have been in position to win it if not for Dryden)

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Definitely Paul Coffey and Keith Primeau for Shanahan in 97 for the Red Wings.

Last edited:

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Not Hart, Conn Smythe.

Frank Mahovlich to Habs:

Frank Mahovlich was a big part of that '71 win and came to the Habs mid season from Detroit. He would probably have won that Conn Smythe if not for Dryden getting it (not that he would have been in position to win it if not for Dryden)

Ya i know.:laugh: Was typing fast as i was on the move and just typed in Hart.:laugh:
Of course i meant Conn.
Fixed.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Pittsburgh's wheeling and dealing last year was quite helpful.

I mean, if you don't agree, imagine a Perron-Sutter-Kapanen line being the major headache for other teams. And while you're at it, a Scuderi-Letang top pairing.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Nieuwendyk to Dallas for Iginla put the team over the top. I don't think we would've won the Cup without him.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Hard to argue against the Rangers acquiring Matteau and Noonan from Chicago for Amonte in 1994, or even MacTavish and Anderson.

Obviously we all know what Matteau did (2 OT winners in the '94 ECF, not just Game 7). Anderson had a game winner in the Finals. MacT and Noonan were solid and build for the playoffs. Of course, one might counter argue that the ECF and Finals were closer than they needed to be, and having Amonte and Gartner would have made life easier on us, but it's hard to argue with results and the role the acquired talent played in garnering them.

Came to post thiS.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Butch Goring for Dave Lewis and Billy Harris- Billy Harris was the first ever Islanders pick in 72 and Lewis joined the team in 73 and by 75 the Islanders were one of the better teams in the league but they could not get over the hump, than in 1980 they were traded at the deadline for Goring and the Islanders went on to win the next 4 Cups, I am sure it must have been a very painful thing for those guys to see

Jul 6, 2016
Frank Mahovlich to the Habs in 1971.

Roy to the Avs in 1995.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
hqdefault.jpg

Now just throw some "errs" and "arrrs" in there.

Fowa suppah, I er ah, wanna a pahty plattah!!!

As fowa trades, I er ah, say 97 Detroit trading "future considerations" to ah Toronto fowa Larry Murphy.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
The Pens have to one of the only teams to build so much of the team through trades. It seems like all of the important pieces besides Malkin, Letang, Crosby and Murray were from trades
Pens had five rookies play pretty important roles last year. Sheary, Rust, Kuhnackl, Dumoulin, Murray. They've made some good impactful trades but a good part of the team is home grown as well.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad