Speculation: Which top 6 forward do we acquire?

Which top 6 forward do we acquire?

• Kevin Fiala

Votes: 21 13.6%
  • Claude Giroux

Votes: 48 31.2%
  • Ryan Strome

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dylan Strome

• Dominik Kubalik

• Andrew Mangiapane

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Matthew Tkachuk

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Valeri Nichushkin

• Sean Monahan

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jake Debrusk

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Reilly Smith

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Someone not on the list

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • We don't acquire a top 6 forward. We acquire a 3rd liner.

Votes: 41 26.6%

• Total voters

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Giroux is 70% sure happening given his obvious interest in the market, and he probably wants to finish his career in a Canadian market. Fiala can happen only if Dorion somehow becomes a good GM lol.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Giroux is 70% sure happening given his obvious interest in the market, and he probably wants to finish his career in a Canadian market. Fiala can happen only if Dorion somehow becomes a good GM lol.

From what I hear, Giroux loves Florida, and the in laws (his parents and his wife’s) wouldn’t mind spending their winters in a nice condo down in Ft. Lauderdale. The grapevine doesn’t favour Ottawa.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Monahan doesn’t make sense, but if we can off load White for 1 year of Monahan, we should definitely do it.

Makes more sense to just buy White out instead. Monahan would take $6M in the budget next season that should instead be spent on a better player. It would be a huge sacrifice next season as opposed to a minimal expense in the next 5 of the 6 seasons.

Assen na yo.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Reilly Smith seems very Sens to me. Plus often when we get our hopes up we're a bit underwhelmed so he fits the bill. Not the sexy name people want.
Seems like the most realistic player. He is also really good I'd be very happy if they got him. Shows up in the playoffs. Pretty underrated player, has great skill. Good defensively too.

Why would we want a broken down overpaid center? I mean even Dorion isn't dumb enough to expect fans to believe he's a top 6 guy.

assennayo
If this is about Monahan I agree. Giroux dissagree....

As much as I'd like Fiala I don't think the sens want/would part with the necessary assets to get him.

Giroux would be perfect but don't see him signing here.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613 and cudi

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Someone out of left field that wouldnt be considered a clear cut top 6 forward

JVR
Hornqvist
Reilly Smith
Eberle
Henrique (mainly because we have a habit of going for guys we had interest in previously)

Who should we get: Giroux

Who we will get : Kasperi Kapanen. Cheap and young and not what we need
Kapanen and Vatrano were 2 that I identified IF they manage to dip into the Free Agent pool.

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
If we are voting realistically, I would go with the last option on precedent alone

My vote is this as well.

9/10 times we say we acquired a top 6/top 4 it's a bottom 6/ bottom pair.

It's usually some older washed up player that used to be that guy 2-5 years ago but isn't anymore like Stepan or something.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is zero chance Forsberg comes here.
This is a team on the rise and Stutzle is something he’s never had - a top Centre. 6 x 8 is very tempting. It’s a long shot for sure but let’s ask the question “What would it take?”
And if not him then some UFA of similar quality.

Reactions: NB613 and Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Giroux is the obvious option given that he would be basically free & not cost them any assets & Fiala would be the most expensive option in terms of assets & salary. I'm still not sure if either would sign here in the off season, but hopeful. There is another option that they could fill the spot internally & wait until the trade deadline to add a player. The need for a top pairing RD might be greater in free agency & we still don't really know what we have in Joseph, he could turn into a top six forward too.

Reactions: Cosmix

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Some AHL top 6 forward that we try to plug in to our top 6 in Ottawa. It'll be blamed on us not filling the seats by a couple people here.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Based on poll results and comments, I don't think a lot of people read the OP before voting!

Can't believe I'm the only one who voted Monahan... People haven't been following the Dorion years or what? :laugh:

Last edited:

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Having not read the entire thread (sorry), Mark Scheifele should be added to the list.

There's lots of talk about Winnipeg unloading Scheifele and Wheeler, and surprising to me, a vocal group of Jets fans seem to be ok with trading Scheifele, mostly due to their perceived lack of defensive effort from him.

I will say that I don't know if he'd fit in with this group. He seems like Mr. Serious, and that wouldn't fit in the Sens locker room, but in terms of play style, he's pretty much exactly what Dorion and DJ want.

he's also a centre, and I'd hope the team would put him on the wing and keep Jimmy at C

• Haha
Reactions: NB613 and HSF

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Having not read the entire thread (sorry), Mark Scheifele should be added to the list.

There's lots of talk about Winnipeg unloading Scheifele and Wheeler, and surprising to me, a vocal group of Jets fans seem to be ok with trading Scheifele, mostly due to their perceived lack of defensive effort from him.

I will say that I don't know if he'd fit in with this group. He seems like Mr. Serious, and that wouldn't fit in the Sens locker room, but in terms of play style, he's pretty much exactly what Dorion and DJ want.

he's also a centre, and I'd hope the team would put him on the wing and keep Jimmy at C

couldnt find the D zone on a map. For the price tag, im not a fan of his. And he seems like a douche

Reactions: NB613 and Laphroaig

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Based on poll results and comments, I don't think a lot of people read the OP before voting!

Can't believe I'm the only one who voted Monahan... People haven't been following the Dorion years or what? :laugh:
Realistically we probably didn't need a poll with so many players. Can't put up a wish list and then tell folks to vote realistically.

Reactions: Xspyrit

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Boy are there ever a lot of mediocre player names being thrown around in here. Hope Dorion isn't a HF boards lurker.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

I would try to get a center before Fiala for sure. If not Fiala then try to get Keller

Grioux and Scheifele would help this team down the middle in case of injury or young centers taking a step back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad