Which teams would be the best for Kakko and Hughes?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Anywhere but Arizona and Edmonton.
My guess is 1 will be a gift to Colorado from Ottawa and the other will end up in either Vancouver or LA.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Homer pick is the Avs for Hughes. Perfect situation. Can slot in behind MacKinnon's line and there won't be huge pressure to change the franchise, won't match up against other teams top defenses. Can just play and learn from guys MacK and Rantanen.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Hughes to the Flyers, Kakko to the Devils, Dach to the RedWings. Cozens to NYR.
Keep them out of the western conference please.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Homer pick is the Avs for Hughes. Perfect situation. Can slot in behind MacKinnon's line and there won't be huge pressure to change the franchise, won't match up against other teams top defenses. Can just play and learn from guys MacK and Rantanen.
Yup. Would they put Landeskog on his line to spread out the scoring more ?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hughes to the NYR. Badly need a marquee young talent to build around.

Kakko to Arizona. Just so they have a chance to be good whenever the NHL decides to relocate them.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Eberle.....was a 70 point F and is a 50 point F now. Not ruined.

Schultz is a top 4 Dman. Not ruined.

Hall won an MVP....not ruined.

Dubnyk has been a starter for many years....not ruined.
Not the point of the thread. But Eberle aside the other 3 were trash until they were developed by their current team... as will Pulju and Nurse when they’re inevitably moved lol

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I’ve watched two cups in LA since I became a fan 30 years ago.

I hate to ask for anything more but I think Hughes in LA would be a good rebrand.

Kings need to rebuild in the worst way.

Reactions: Legionnaire

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
This is a weird kind of draft year where most of the really bad teams/potential top draft spots (+ Colorado) all have very legit #1C's. Chicago, LA, detroit, Philly, STL, Florida, Colorado would all be nice landing spots for hughes. All those teams have #1C's already that can handle big time workloads against opposing top lines and allow him to develop gradually.

My vote would probably be Chicago, as I think playing next to Kane every day would do a lot for his development.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I wish the Habs would tank and get Kakko but we’re hellbent I’m getting the second wildcard and losing in the first round. Kakko in Montreal would be great as he would have plenty of Finns in the locker room to help him adjust to life in the NHL. Him and Kotkaniemi would also make a great duo. He’s the sniper we need too. Colorado would also be great fit and is the most likely option.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Kane's gonna teach Hughes how to handle being a smaller, shifty guy in this league. And Toews will be able to shelter the f*** out of them for the next few years.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Having the Hughes brothers end up in Vancouver would be really cool to see.

That being said... a Kakko-Pete combo would also be a ton of fun to watch.

Kakko would compliment that top6 really well.

This is a weird kind of draft year where most of the really bad teams/potential top draft spots (+ Colorado) all have very legit #1C's. Chicago, LA, detroit, Philly, STL, Florida, Colorado would all be nice landing spots for hughes. All those teams have #1C's already that can handle big time workloads against opposing top lines and allow him to develop gradually.

My vote would probably be Chicago, as I think playing next to Kane every day would do a lot for his development.

Kakko would be a great price for Florida after barely missing Rantanen, which was a big hit to their HF fans.

Reactions: Skeletorrr

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yup. Would they put Landeskog on his line to spread out the scoring more ?
In this scenario, you'd like to see them go out and get a UFA like Stone to help the transition. We also have Kaut in the minors who could be looking at playing time next year. Also have guys like Compher.

Ideally you have something like:
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Stone-Hughes-Compher

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad