Which teams would be the best for Kakko and Hughes?

RoyalDuder

Dec 26, 2011
NY
The Rangers were able to outbid pretty much any team in the league for star free agents for years and years. Excuse me while I play the worlds smallest violin for them.

Pretty much their only shot when they have to compete with teams that dwell in the basement like Chicago/Pitt for consecutive years, stocking up on multiple Top 3 picks. The Rangers are never that bad.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hughes to the Pens. Not because they need him the most, but because I want a ready replacement for when Sid/Geno can no longer play at elite 1C levels. ;)

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I hope the Kings get Kakko. I think in the end he'll be the prize of this draft.

Hughes is a great talent and seems like he's got his head on straight (read: humble, nice guy, great work ethic etc.) but I see a tougher road for him in the NHL as a small center.

Reactions: Koijari

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Eberle.....was a 70 point F and is a 50 point F now. Not ruined.

Schultz is a top 4 Dman. Not ruined.

Hall won an MVP....not ruined.

Dubnyk has been a starter for many years....not ruined.

... all elsewhere.

Those players, outside of Hall, are more like salvage. This was likely not their ideal development path.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Eberle.....was a 70 point F and is a 50 point F now. Not ruined.

Schultz is a top 4 Dman. Not ruined.

Hall won an MVP....not ruined.

Dubnyk has been a starter for many years....not ruined.

When did these players blossom? After they left the Oilers. The Oilers didn't know how to develop them. It took them leaving the Oilers to become more complete players.

Eberle is arguable, but some zone responsibility issues most of his time in Edmonton. 70 pt forward? Once. His play continued to decline over time in Edmonton.

Jordan Eberle Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Didn't see the reponse from @HTFN so most of this is duplicated information at this point. My apologies.

Even Hall was a defensive liability until he left Edmonton and discovered there was three zones you need to play in. There was even articles about how different he said the culture was in Jersey and how different the tempo of practices were.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Not the Kings and Blackhawks
Both have superstars on their rosters so definitely not them

NY could really use either to market them around town.
Detroit could also use either to boost interest in that market

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The Wild, always middle of the pack, need a high powered talent to push them into the "great" bubble.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
When did these players blossom? After they left the Oilers. The Oilers didn't know how to develop them. It took them leaving the Oilers to become more complete players.

Eberle is arguable, but some zone responsibility issues most of his time in Edmonton. 70 pt forward? Once. His play continued to decline over time in Edmonton.

Jordan Eberle Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Didn't see the reponse from @HTFN so most of this is duplicated information at this point. My apologies.

Even Hall was a defensive liability until he left Edmonton and discovered there was three zones you need to play in. There was even articles about how different he said the culture was in Jersey and how different the tempo of practices were.

Are people actually arguing for the Oilers deserving any more high picks? They probably deserve Mcdavid to request a trade followed by 10 years of futility until Lowe is fired.

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Are people actually arguing for the Oilers deserving any more high picks? They probably deserve Mcdavid to request a trade followed by 10 years of futility until Lowe is fired.

No, someone was arguing a list of Oilers I provided in that the Oilers did not destroy their development when they all were better elsewhere than they were on the Oilers.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don’t think teams should be allowed to pick in the Top 3 in consecutive years

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
Well, the question is which team(s) would be best for Hughes and Kakko, not which teams would be best to land either player.

In that sense, it's easily Vancouver for Hughes. He gets to play with his brother and EP and he plays in a big hockey market (something that the Hughes brother love). Vancouver is definitely the best fit for him.

As for Kakko, I think it's either Winnipeg or Colorado just for playing style and or other top talented fellow Finn teammate(s).

Reactions: CLW

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I think the NHL wouldn’t mind An American born player in Hughes in a big market like LA, New York, Chicago or Philly, which is quite possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad