Which teams would be the best for Kakko and Hughes?

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
This. They deserve nothing. All they do is mooch off of the rich teams.

I would argue if it wasn't for teams like Arizona your Leafs would still be a joke.

The salary cap forced the Leafs to adopt a different approach other than trying to buy a team every year.

Small market, low income teams are fans of the cap. I would imagine the Leafs are not.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Kakko to the Kings, because Finland is like Iceland and Iceland wore Kings-esque black uniforms in D2: Mighty Ducks, and there's something about a blonde Scandinavian in all black that makes sense too.
Need to draft something else than a Finn if you want a blonde Scandinavian though.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I would argue if it wasn't for teams like Arizona your Leafs would still be a joke.

The salary cap forced the Leafs to adopt a different approach other than trying to buy a team every year.

Small market, low income teams are fans of the cap. I would imagine the Leafs are not.

Leafs were actually a cup contender in the pre cap era. They went to the Conf. finals twice in 4 seasons. from 99-2002.

Cap is fine, but Arizona cheats to reach the cap floor. It's time to move-on.

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Leafs were actually a cup contender in the pre cap era. They went to the Conf. finals twice in 4 seasons. from 99-2002.

Cap is fine, but Arizona cheats to reach the cap floor. It's time to move-on.

They were a third seed once, other than that they typically were a 4th or 5th seed in the playoffs. They were competitive, but I wouldn't call that a cup contender.

I remembered them being poorer than they were, so I would say you are half right.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Would be fun to see jack with Quinn.
Someone like Anaheim will barely miss the playoffs and move up like 11 spots to draft kakko.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Philly obviously, because we are gonna hire Quenneville and sign Panarin and then win 3 straight Cups with Hughes-Couturier-Patrick-Frost down the middle and Giroux back to LW :naughty::laugh:

Devils need one of them the most though.

Reactions: BernieParent

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Need to draft something else than a Finn if you want a blonde Scandinavian though.

Most of Finnish people are blonde though. Also Kaapo Kakko is a blonde. But I don't see the GM is selecting Kakko just because of his hair color :D

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Having the Hughes brothers end up in Vancouver would be really cool to see.

That being said... a Kakko-Pete combo would also be a ton of fun to watch.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hall
Eberle
Yakupov
Schultz
Dubnyk
Puljujarvi
Paajarvi

They are a developmental graveyard. Only Oilers fans think otherwise.

Eberle.....was a 70 point F and is a 50 point F now. Not ruined.

Schultz is a top 4 Dman. Not ruined.

Hall won an MVP....not ruined.

Dubnyk has been a starter for many years....not ruined.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
The obvious answer is “my team”...

I think it’s time for another powerhouse in the NHL. It would be fun if one of the players ended up in Colorado. I also think Detroit deserves a new top talent...

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Arizona gets Hughes, finally they can have a #1C to build a team around.

LA gets Kakko, they need a dynamic offensive talent

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
As a Finn I would love to see Kakko in a big market, hope he goes to the Rangers, it's such a shame to see our country's finest wasting away with teams like Florida and Carolina.
How about a storied franchise like the Oilers?

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Most of Finnish people are blonde though. Also Kaapo Kakko is a blonde. But I don't see the GM is selecting Kakko just because of his hair color :D
Yeah, but Finns aren't Scandinavians, which was my point.

Reactions: CLW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad