Series Talk: ECQF: Florida Panthers vs Tampa Bay Lightning (FLA leads 3-1)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Lightning in 4

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Lightning in 5

Votes: 10 1.5%
  • Lightning in 6

Votes: 71 10.7%
  • Lightning in 7

Votes: 133 20.1%
  • Panthers in 4

Votes: 27 4.1%
  • Panthers in 5

Votes: 89 13.4%
  • Panthers in 6

Votes: 204 30.8%
  • Panthers in 7

Votes: 122 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Well.... Lightning had plenty of opportunities, some they earned themselves and some were from friendly refs employed by NHL/E$PN, to make business 1st decisions. More than not, one can count of refs for Game/Series management. Lightning couldn't even take advantage of all that tonight. So Lightning will do what teams, that don't step-up in those moments, get a ticket home soon.

Florida did what "Cup" contending teams do, fought through it all. They hung through all the Lightning pushes too. Plus, they're goalie is giving Lightning taste of own Goalie-medicine Vasy dished out for yrs. It's happens, Bob is a grade A goalie who's playing well. Always helps to have good D helping things out, Bob has one of best in NHL at this time. Kudos to Florida for getting win on-the-road, this what it takes to win "Cup". Winning games like this.

Series isn't over, but it would take crazy turnaround from Lightning to do it.
Kudos for acknowledging the Ref show that occurred last night.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Ain’t even mad

48c4b0eec56649b98a75950ea89a5ccd.jpg
I hope he never wins an individual award again we always get swept when it happens

And yeah no way we took ZERO penalties last night lmao

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
One of Lightning poster/fans on our forum pointed out that Kucherov laid 1st round playoff-egg after winning Art Ross last time (Blue-Jackets 1st rd). Found that interesting, and after sleeping on it, this could be reasoning to why Kucherov looks so darn off. Kucherov doing this once after Art Ross sure. But..... twice after winning Art Ross is starting a pattern. Something might be up, and while X's & O's interest me within sports. The human factor & mental part of sports intrigues me more so. I'll leave the X's & O's to others here: do enjoy reading those X's & O's analyses by the way (Just because I don't hit like much, doesn't mean I don't read or appreciate everyone's postings) Grrrrr.... them darn like-buttons!!! So thanks again to those who post and give great X's & O's info/stats, wanted to say this before crawling back into lurk mode here soon.

Possible reasons to Kuch is laying another playoff egg after Art Ross
  • Kuch is playing another good D, any good D or goalie can make anyone look worse.
  • When considering Lightning's lack of bottom 6 scoring help, and Florida being better Defensively, this allow Panthers to locked down stars better.
  • But only thing with D being reasoning: is Kuch has faced tough D during playoff many times over all since 2015. Kucherov has preformed and shown he's capable of handling great D/goalies in playoffs. Even when rest of team is laying eggs.
  • Plus,, Kucherov is making unforced errors to much, while having space/time, that he barley makes (bad passes, puck handling, etc.).
  • I'm starting to think: Kucherov just doesn't play under individual-accolades-microscope well at all. This is amplified 10-fold when Kuch's individual attention is across all of Hockey world.
  • Kucherov goes into fumble & stumble mode: The Kuch we're witnessing right now can't even make basic passes, with plenty of space, alone special plays he's known for. Some pass attempts are like 1-2 yards off, it's like watching a completely different player these last 3 games.
  • Maybe it's Kuch's "Sorta" shy-humble personality that wants to stay unnoticed that causing some of this. Kuch just wants to play "Team Hockey" and "Win playoff games". Kucherov has never cared or doesn't care now about individual accolades. (NHL All-star game anyone?)
  • Who knows, but Lightning only go as far as "QB Kucherov" takes them. This has been so since 2015 and don't see any reason to why that would change now.
  • This is even more so now when we consider Lightning are dealing with what "Salary Caps" are suppose to do, weaken successful teams. Lightning had worse success timing -vs- cap timing any multiple "Cup" winner dealt with ever. This smacked Lightning slap silly!!! Like a professional fighter might do to some chump on-the-streets. But that understandable, it happens. To Lightning credit, they've done well to stay playoff competitive, to tell ya the truth.
  • Still, Lightning can't afford bad Kucherov now more than ever. If this version of Kucherov played this regular season, Lightning are maybe NHL bottom-dweller.

If Kucherov wins another Art Ross, maybe Lightning should give Kucherov a few Bud-lights or more, before playoff game to loosen him up, >>>> Winning Cup + Bud-light = Not shy Kucherov and very "I don't give a ---k" personality. Maybe that follows Kucherov onto ice..... 😜

Many NHL fans probably think Kucherov is that personality from press-conference & "Cup" parades (Nope, that's far from truth: Kucherov is as shy as they come & hates individual media attention, Really hates it!!!). With this being so, don't think Kucherov would handle any NHL market that has huge-crazed media following team. That would bring something Kuch really doesn't like, handle well, etc . Lightning/Tampa is perfect place/environment for Kucherov, he gets to hang low-profile all season long (I give NHL stars benefit of doubt in those situations, it can be to much. Also try not to rag on any NHL player dealing with that either) Watch other Kuch interviews, one will see a shy Kucherov that could succumb to pressures that great individual achievements bring about. Mental part of sports is fascinating to me; Throw in when Kucherov mentions "Lightning" head space of knowing Lightning would win more "Cups' and make SCF appearances after appearance, If the Lightning could ever get 1st mental block of 1st "Cup" done with. During that Bud-light: truth srum did it;s thing, Kucherov showed us all: he is very aware of mental part of game, what that can do to any team/players, and what happens if team/players overcome that or doesn't.

Florida is to great of a team, and legit "Cup" contenders, to have Kucherov playing this way and win. Lightning have/are only going as far as Kucherov carries them. Florida notched up even more pressure with great D and goalie play this series (Last couple years too) This helped neutralize an already messed up Kucherov. Doubt Lightning comeback from 0-3 against this version of Florida, but if Kuch could get that mental block corrected, who knows what could happen? Could be similar to how Lightning's finally got that 1st 'Cup" mental-block that had ahold of them. After 1st "Cup", Lightning were on-the-way to attempting 3-peating during SCF's 3 yrs straight., Kucherov could go off the same way, he has it in him and rest of Lightning would feed of this like they always do. Lightning have been in last 2 games, and even could've won them. That's with Kucherov playing terrible as one could have nightmares about. So who knows? Dang, what am I thinking? It's nice to dream though..... 😛

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
One of Lightning poster/fans on our forum pointed out that Kucherov laid 1st round playoff-egg after winning Art Ross last time (Blue-Jackets 1st rd). Found that interesting, and after sleeping on it, this could be reasoning to why Kucherov looks so darn off. Kucherov doing this once after Art Ross sure. But..... twice after winning Art Ross is starting a pattern. Something might be up, and while X's & O's interest me within sports. The human factor & mental part of sports intrigues me more so. I'll leave the X's & O's to others here: do enjoy reading those X's & O's analyses by the way (Just because I don't hit like much, doesn't mean I don't read or appreciate everyone's postings) Grrrrr.... them darn like-buttons!!! So thanks again to those who post and give great X's & O's info/stats, wanted to say this before crawling back into lurk mode here soon.

• Kuch is playing another good D, any good D or goalie can make anyone look worse.
  • When considering Lightning's lack of bottom 6 scoring help, and Florida being better Defensively, this allow Panthers to locked down stars better.
  • But only thing with D being reasoning: is Kuch has faced tough D during playoff many times over all since 2015. Kucherov has preformed and shown he's capable of handling great D/goalies in playoffs. Even when rest of team is laying eggs.
  • Plus,, Kucherov is making unforced errors to much, while having space/time, that he barley makes (bad passes, puck handling, etc.).
  • I'm starting to think: Kucherov just doesn't play under individual-accolades-microscope well at all.
  • Kucherov goes into fumble & stumble mode: The Kuch we're witnessing right now can't even make basic passes, with plenty of space, alone special plays he's known for. Some pass attempts are like 1-2 yards off, it's like watching a completely different player these last 3 games.
  • Maybe it's Kuch's "Sorta" shy-humble personality that wants to stay unnoticed that causing some of this. Kuch just wants to play "Team Hockey" and "Win playoff games". Kucherov has never cared or doesn't care now about individual accolades. (NHL All-star game anyone?)
  • Who knows, but Lightning only go as far as "QB Kucherov" takes them. This has been so since 2015 and don't see any reason to why that would change now.
  • This is even more so now when we consider Lightning are dealing with what "Salary Caps" are suppose to do, weaken successful teams. Lightning had worse success timing -vs- cap timing any multiple "Cup" winner dealt with ever. This smacked Lightning slap silly!!! Like a professional fighter might do to some chump on-the-streets. But that understandable, it happens. To Lightning credit, they've done well to stay playoff competitive, to tell ya the truth.
  • Still, Lightning can't afford bad Kucherov now more than ever. If this version of Kucherov played this regular season, Lightning are maybe NHL bottom-dweller.

If Kucherov wins another Art Ross, maybe Lightning should give Kucherov a few Bud-lights or more, before playoff game to loosen him up, >>>> Winning Cup + Bud-light = Not shy Kucherov and very "I don't give a ---k" personality. Maybe that follows Kucherov onto ice..... 😜

Many NHL fans probably think Kucherov is that personality from press-conference & "Cup" parades (Nope, that's far from truth: Kucherov is as shy as they come & hates individual media attention, Really hates it!!!). With this being so, don't think Kucherov would handle any NHL market that has huge-crazed media following team. That would bring something Kuch really doesn't like, handle well, etc . Lightning is perfect place/environment for Kucherov, he gets to hang low-profile all season long (I give NHL stars benefit of doubt in those situations, it can be to much. Also try not to rag on any NHL player dealing with that either) Watch other Kuch interviews, one will see a shy Kucherov that could succumb to pressures that great individual achievements bring about. Mental part of sports is fascinating to me, and fact even mention "Lightning" head space of knowing Lightning would win more "Cups' and make SCF appearances after appearance, If the Lightning could ever get 1st mental block of 1st "Cup" done with. Show Kucherov is very aware of mental part of game.

Florida is to great of a team, and legit "Cup" contenders, to have Kucherov playing this way and win. Lightning have/are only going as far as Kucherov carries them. Florida notched up even more pressure with great D and goalie play this series (Last couple years too) This helped neutralize an already messed up Kucherov. Doubt Lightning comeback from 0-3 against his version of Florida, but if Kuch could get that mental block corrected, who knows what could happen? Could be similar to how Lightning's team finally got that 1st 'Cup" mental-block behind them. Lightning was on way to attempting 3-peating in SCF's 3 yrs straight., Kucherov could go off the same way, he has it in him and rest Of Lightning team would feed of this like they always do. Lightning have been last 2 games, and even could've won them, even with Kucherov playing terrible. So who knows? Dang, what am I thinking? It's nice to dream though..... 😛

What time is the PowerPoint presentation?

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Kudos for acknowledging the Ref show that occurred last night.
Thanks, try to keep it real no matter the who, what, or where. Even if that means calling out myself, favorite tram, sports I love, and what not. Little rough around-the-edges, and can come off harsh, but in real life as people get to know me longer. Friends & loved ones, have come to understand, I put forth effort to have an honest perspective, but no one is perfect. We all have own perspective, so I surely make missteps like anyone else at times.

AssaultPK

Jul 22, 2014
Tampa will go by the way of Chicago, LA, Pitt as a multiple cup winner then zero playoff round wins since their last cup. Out of the teams that I mentioned, since their respective cup runs, there has only been one playoff round win, that was Pitt. Tampa won’t be the exception.

They outplayed Toronto last year tbh

Reactions: Hoek

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Tampa will go by the way of Chicago, LA, Pitt as a multiple cup winner then zero playoff round wins since their last cup. Out of the teams that I mentioned, since their respective cup runs, there has only been one playoff round win, that was Pitt. Tampa won’t be the exception.

Pretty much this. It’s like paying the cheque after eating a very extravagant meal. It stings, but well worth it.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Pretty much this. It’s like paying the cheque after eating a very extravagant meal. It stings, but well worth it.
Tampa is the former heavyweight champ that had an incredible career who is now going out on their back. 10 years from now the story will be 2 cups and three straight trips. Not that the run (likely) ended with a short series against the Panthers.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Tampa unlike PIT/CHI I think will be fine since they got built more as the cap changes were already in place. WSH maybe the same as TPA...could be able to retool and not necessarily have a long stretch of being bad but I think TB won't be a contender for awhile. The East is sort of open in the near future...BOS/CAR/NYR are all elite but they have sectors of the roster nearing their past prime windows, especially NYR forwards so its not like anyone in the east now is forever a contender the next few years

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
What time is the PowerPoint presentation?
No one has to put in effort to read them, but if anyone wants too. Go for it! That post and others of mine here, are for anyone who might appreciate/want more than a few words/sentences. It's not for those who prefer short post, gotcha headlines, the normal back & forth one sees on forums, for those who like to engage in childish bickering, live to troll others, or for one who doesn't have time to read because they're busy.

Sure many feel way you feel, that's OK. No biggie, that really makes logical sense.
  • Shoot, even on college campus lately: while trying to attempting my degrees, then with later knowledge after graduating.
  • Discovered many students who didn't have enough of attention span to read anything that took effort, took critical thinking skills to digest, etc.,
  • Most students were power-point junkies. And fellow students couldn't wrapped brains around anything wrapped up in complex-packaging (You know, like a book....lol).
  • Some college professors weren't far behind with all this either: Info had to be presented in simplified packaging.
  • Plus many students actively searched out easy classes/professors, so they could have less amount of school work possible, an easy A/B, and more time for Netflix and such.
  • College was happy to oblige all this, while they raked in Grant/Loan money preying on whoever. Keep'em qualifying to get grant money each semester, help job security, and whatever else motivates that system was what mattered most.
  • Reading while getting educated wasn't a priority on campus, I'll just put it that way. Few students were the... "Real Deal" but to many were not.
  • Myself: searched out college professors that were known to be tough, worthy, and students had to study/work hard for A's. Surely didn't expect better on internet or any sports forum. That'd be silly to do so, but at same time...
  • Colleges have been so watered-down, degrees don't carry as much weight as they use too. So colleges are much better than internet when it comes to appetite to read anything past few sentences.
Again, my post are not meant for all, if someone chooses to read them. They're nothing special! Post are just my thoughts on any given subject matter, but hope one enjoy perspective if they read. And this is coming from someone who has struggled with grammar, spelling, reading, and speaking their whole life. Had to go to yrs of therapy my whole childhood. And if my serve dyslexia doesn't take me down, when trying express myself, my messed up brain-wiring will finish that job. But I'm better compared to when I was kid/teenager. Like they say.... "Practice makes one better". So I come out from under my lurker-rock every so often (Playoffs mostly), and practice writing while discussing one of my favorite hobbies. Hockey, human nature, and sports in general. No worries though, these long posting of mine will disappear soon after Lightning are gone from playoffs. I'll go back to lurking only: Hope these posting recently didn't ruin anyone's day, brain, or fingers while scrolling through. Plus, sorry for going way off topic with this post, but posting was under scrutiny or of funny joke. Regardless, how can one explain ones thoughts, without explaining all ones thoughts? Suppose that answer is power-points, where's power-point upload button here anyways?

Last edited:

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Last year we were told the Tampa team was tired from all their long playoff series (in shortened seasons).

Have they recovered from the 6 playoff games they played last year?
Believe most fans said this during 3-peat attempt yr, but wouldn't be shocked by this, while fans were dancing with ideas of what the heck happened? Surprised any fan-base could think straight after blowing playoff series -vs- Leafs. The Leafs!!!!! That's quite the shock for any fan-base to deal with in real time....:DD

Fatigue is not as big as a factor like 3-peat situation was, that was at end of 6 ECF's, 4 SCF's, and 2 'Cups" in 8 yrs playoff miles. Plus, many players from those playoff stenches weren't on teams last year. What an insane run, more than any fan could ask for. But salary cap going salary cap. especially one as flat as Lightning dealt with for last 5 yrs, and since 2015 while on fire. Should make for interesting off-season for Lightning, no doubt....

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada

• I'm starting to think: Kucherov just doesn't play under individual-accolades-microscope well at all. This is amplified 10-fold when Kuch's individual attention is across all of Hockey world.

Many NHL fans probably think Kucherov is that personality from press-conference & "Cup" parades (Nope, that's far from truth: Kucherov is as shy as they come & hates individual media attention, Really hates it!!!). With this being so, don't think Kucherov would handle any NHL market that has huge-crazed media following team. That would bring something Kuch really doesn't like, handle well, etc . Lightning/Tampa is perfect place/environment for Kucherov, he gets to hang low-profile all season long (I give NHL stars benefit of doubt in those situations, it can be to much. Also try not to rag on any NHL player dealing with that either) Watch other Kuch interviews, one will see a shy Kucherov that could succumb to pressures that great individual achievements bring about. Mental part of sports is fascinating to me; Throw in when Kucherov mentions "Lightning" head space of knowing Lightning would win more "Cups' and make SCF appearances after appearance, If the Lightning could ever get 1st mental block of 1st "Cup" done with. During that Bud-light: truth srum did it;s thing, Kucherov showed us all: he is very aware of mental part of game, what that can do to any team/players, and what happens if team/players overcome that or doesn't.

Florida is to great of a team, and legit "Cup" contenders, to have Kucherov playing this way and win. Lightning have/are only going as far as Kucherov carries them. Florida notched up even more pressure with great D and goalie play this series (Last couple years too) This helped neutralize an already messed up Kucherov. Doubt Lightning comeback from 0-3 against this version of Florida, but if Kuch could get that mental block corrected, who knows what could happen? Could be similar to how Lightning's finally got that 1st 'Cup" mental-block that had ahold of them. After 1st "Cup", Lightning were on-the-way to attempting 3-peating during SCF's 3 yrs straight., Kucherov could go off the same way, he has it in him and rest of Lightning would feed of this like they always do. Lightning have been in last 2 games, and even could've won them. That's with Kucherov playing terrible as one could have nightmares about. So who knows? Dang, what am I thinking? It's nice to dream though..... 😛
This is a sick essay, but I’m pretty sure it’s just we are playing him harder. Barkov, Forsling, Ekblad, Tkachuk, Reino they know who to focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad