Which teams would be the best for Kakko and Hughes?

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
The obvious answer is “my team”...

I think it’s time for another powerhouse in the NHL. It would be fun if one of the players ended up in Colorado. I also think Detroit deserves a new top talent...

Detroit has one his name is Dylan Larkin. We will take Kappo to be a 1b center though.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Eberle.....was a 70 point F and is a 50 point F now. Not ruined.

Schultz is a top 4 Dman. Not ruined.

Hall won an MVP....not ruined.

Dubnyk has been a starter for many years....not ruined.

Yeah and none of them actually play for the Oilers.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Vancouver for Hughes. Hughes would join a pp that would look like this next year

Jack Hughes - Bo Horvat - Brock Boeser

Quinn Hughes - Elias Pettersson

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Now when Colorado just lost 9 games in 10 I think they will get them both.

Has any team before got both 1 and 2 pick?

And which one gonna be number one draft pick then if they both will end up in Colorado? :D

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
It would be very disappointing if Hughes/Kakko doesn’t become better than Larkin.
Larkin is in the top 20 in nearly every statistical category for centers in the NHL. A lot to ask for either of those two guys to be that good.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Anyone but edmonton

They've ruined enough players

They're equivalent to the family on welfare disability and maternatty leave and they want to drain more money out of the government because they're a major loser. They get more lottery help then entire divisions and its never good enough. Give them 3 1sts. Nope they need more. Ok give them 2 more top 10s including a 3rd. Nope they need more. Ok give them McDavid and that's enough. Nope they get another 4th and picked top 10 last year and are projected to be again. Total joke. They should be banned from the top 5 at least. Other teams like buffalo who racked up a ton of high picks still aren't on that level. Its mind blowing to see a team pick 1 1 1 7 3 1 4 and still be a lottery threat every year besides 2017

Rangers
Habs
Canucks

Those 3 I would love to see for their fans

Last edited:

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Habs could definetly use Hugues but once again my team is fighting for the 9th place and worst possible odds for a top pick.

I kinda wanna see Montreal fall apart to get one of them. Hockey needs Toronto and Montreal to both be really good. It sucks we never get that. Unlike the Sox-Yanks, they can't take advantage of their wealth though.

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I kinda wanna see Montreal fall apart to get one of them. Hockey needs Toronto and Montreal to both be really good. It sucks we never get that. Unlike the Sox-Yanks, they can't take advantage of their wealth though.

I disagree strongly. Strong markets don't need to be really good at all. Fans show up regardless.

It is locations that could be better hockey markets that need some years of sustained competitive that the league needs to truly drive revenues up.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I think the NHL wouldn’t mind An American born player in Hughes in a big market like LA, New York, Chicago or Philly, which is quite possible.

Arizona would grab Jack Hughes faster than you can say Wile E. Coyote. They really need Hughes for marketing reasons at the same time they get new owners and a new arena. Otherwise it's a relocation ahead and more obscurity down the road.

Arizona is potentially a very big market if they can get the pieces in place and stop sucking. The NHL knows this.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Yeah, but Finns aren't Scandinavians, which was my point.
shout out to the one guy in every conversation about finns that just HAS TO point out that they're not technically scandinavian

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
shout out to the one guy in every conversation about finns that just HAS TO point out that they're not technically scandinavian
Congrats on getting triggered about facts.

There's no "technically" in that matter either.

SteelerNation

Oct 23, 2012
Anyone but edmonton

They've ruined enough players

They're equivalent to the family on welfare disability and maternatty leave and they want to drain more money out of the government because they're a major loser. They get more lottery help then entire divisions and its never good enough. Give them 3 1sts. Nope they need more. Ok give them 2 more top 10s including a 3rd. Nope they need more. Ok give them McDavid and that's enough. Nope they get another 4th and picked top 10 last year and are projected to be again. Total joke. They should be banned from the top 5 at least. Other teams like buffalo who racked up a ton of high picks still aren't on that level. Its mind blowing to see a team pick 1 1 1 7 3 1 4 and still be a lottery threat every year besides 2017

Rangers
Habs
Canucks

Those 3 I would love to see for their fans

This statement is a dose of truth. Teams that have consistently picked at the top of the draft should not be aloud to pick top 3.

Reactions: Greasy Armadillo

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Montreal seems to have done a good job restocking their prospect cabinet in short order. There are a number of solid prospects in there, but yeah, its missing that elite level talent, and they probably have not had that type of prospect since pk Subban, who was actually a 2nd round pick.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I disagree strongly. Strong markets don't need to be really good at all. Fans show up regardless.

It is locations that could be better hockey markets that need some years of sustained competitive that the league needs to truly drive revenues up.

If we define strong markets to be ones that sell out no matter what, then you have only 2 strong markets in Toronto and Manhattan.

Montreal may be the oldest team with a ton of prestige and goodwill, but in that time, I think their biggest run of futility was missing the playoffs 3 years in a row. During that time, the habs were not selling out Molson Centre either.

Now, who knows what happens if they miss the playoffs for a decade like the leafs, but I'm guessing it would be a very different outlook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad